• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams a winner

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1...t-louis-rams-minnesota-vikings-fill-big-needs

Building around Bradford: Rams add offensive firepower

I'm a believer in Sam Bradford. I know there are doubters out there, but I've always felt like he would excel with the right talent around him. This offseason, the Rams have done their best to upgrade that supporting cast. In free agency, they fortified the offensive line by landing offensive tackle Jake Long and also signed an explosive tight end in Jared Cook. And they continued to add weaponry in last week's NFL draft. The Rams aggressively moved up into the top 10 to secure the most explosive offensive player in the entire draft, West Virginia receiver Tavon Austin. Veteran Danny Amendola, who left for the New England Patriots as a free agent this offseason, was a nice player in St. Louis, but Austin boasts a far superior skill set and should produce a bevy of chunk plays for the Rams.
After grabbing two athletic defenders (linebacker Alec Ogletree on a trade-down to No. 30 overall and safety T.J. McDonald in the third round) with their next two selections, the Rams again turned their attention to the offensive side of the ball, taking wideout Stedman Bailey in the third round. Bailey was Austin's sidekick at West Virginia, where they combined to post a ridiculous 228 catches and 37 TD receptions -- last season alone!
For Bradford, there are now no more excuses. This team is ready to compete for a postseason berth, and it's up to the fourth-year quarterback to make it happen. Can he do it? We'll all find out soon enough.

-I agree mostly with what Daniel said. The Rams did upgrade on both sides of the ball and the success of this team will not rest upon the shoulders of no. 8. You see my avi with Bradford doin' a thumb's up? He is our QB of the future. The one thing I am worried about is our running game. I hope one of the RBs can step up to be the feature back and fill the gap of Steven Jackson.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane - Great post and I enjoyed the article.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane - Great post and I enjoyed the article.

Hey RamCub!!!

Glad to see you found us over here!

I've always been a Bradford supporter... However, at the same time, I've been hard on him as well. This past season his play wasn't that great but the blame does not fall entirely upon him. He now has more talent around him than he ever has had and I'm ready to see him take the next step. Hopefully this season, he and the Rams can prove many doubters wrong... Especially in this prime time games.