• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams 24, Falcons 31, First loss.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After two consecutive wins dating back to the preseason the Rams went into Atlanta as their first road contest. On a day of 7 penalties with 4 consecutive on punt returns by STs, and a slow starting offense, the Rams took a tiny step forward in coming back in the second half in an away environment. There were many positives to this contest even though we came up short. The difference in this game was: A pick six by Sammie early when the offense was completely pathetic, Julio Jones who just killed us, and the defense, especially the secondary that gave up big plays most of the game.

On Offense. The positives. Brian Shottenheimer should use the no-huddle offense in the first quarter not just the fourth because it was the no-huddle that got us back in this game. Sammie finished the day going 32/55, 3TDS and 1 INT to Ryan's 33/43, 2 TDs and 0 INTs. Chris Givens had a great day going 5 catches for 105 yads and Tavon Austin started to emerge as a goto guy late. Richardson had a pedestrian day rushing and receiving. Also, the O-line had 0 sacks allowed today with one false start by Wells. This is a very good sign for us. Jake Long has brought a really good mentality and it is showing. Sammie had plenty of time on most throws. Overall, the offense finally came alive and demonstrated that it can finally score more than 1 TD in an away game.

The negatives. That INT Sammie threw on a stupid play called by Shottenheimer that was one of those ridiculous underneaths with three defenders covering Richardson absolutely killed us. It was the difference in the ballgame. Pead made an appearance and really didn't do much and Jared Cook was mostly absent today until late. Quick was nowhere to be found and Pettis had some nice catches late. Fatass Saffold got hurt again and he did not return as Barksdale filled in nicely.

On Defense. The positives. Kudos to Ogletree being the high man with 8 solo tackles and Sims and Quinn for two sacks, one each. Not much else here except a series of stops on Atlanta in the second half that gave our offense the opportunity to get the ball back and score which they did three times but fell short.

The negatives. Fitzgerald torched C. Finnegan last week and Jenkins got his ass kicked by Jones this week. Julio absolutely killed us finishing the day with a whopping 11 catches for 182 yards. Cue SJ76 right about now! Our secondary simply got torched and McCleod was outmatched all day because he reminded all of us of one C. Dahl-well maybe not that bad. C. Long was hurt and the front four got beat on a number of occasions. We simply can't give up the big plays on the road and expect to win.

STs. The positives. Not too much here. Lots of punts by Hekker and Zuerlein had a field goal.
The Negatives. These freakin knuckleheads had four consective blocking-in-the-back or holding penalties that consistently put the offense in the hole. These sorts of mental errors just kill an away team.

Well, we are 1-1 and the offense must get started sooner because the defense is not as staunch as last year with the same scenarios. Onto Dallas and hopefully we will return to winning ways.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the defense has some weak points hopefully they can seal them up. I think the offense is starting to click. The Rams seem able to score in the red zone which is something they struggled with last year. Good synopsis Retro...I'm looking forward to the Dallas game.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to say I missed this one. Seems we dug a hole early and with mistakes and turnovers just couldnt dig our way out. It wont get any easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man i been saying it all year...this Mccloud kid needs to go back to the practice squad. As long as he keeps fucking up im going to continue and throw him under the bus. We need better safety play.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Jermaine. This is not a good sign as he was routinely overmatched and it showed. Also, a big receiver like Julio Jones or Larry Fitzgerald just mad mincemeat of both our feisty but undersized corners. WE may have to re-think this as well.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Fitzgerald to jones. Can we learn to contain a guy name Bryant?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so but we are going to find out starting next week.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted I am not the biggest fan of grabbing stuff off the scrap heap but in the case of replacing McCloud, it might need to be done for the year until we can draft HaHa Clinton-Dix next spring!!

Guys that have performed at a high level and have been winners like Atari Bigby, Kenny Phillips, Kerry Rhodes, Jordan Babineux, Madieu Williams and Abram Elam are all still looking for work. Why not kick the tires... that needs to change.
The biggest issue with McCloud is that his deficiencies cause Jenkins and Finnegan to essentially have to babysit him and that caused both TD's last week and one big play this week. It needs to stop

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy went undrafted for a reason!...he has no business on the field. If you watch last year he was making the same bone head mistakes on ST..

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Jermaine. I remember the game, I believe it was the away game against Miami last year where he got called for holding on STs that nullified the chance at another field goal because Zeurlein had missed three because of wind and we could have easily won the game with another two or three field goals.

Counselor Chris

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Jermaine. This is not a good sign as he was routinely overmatched and it showed. Also, a big receiver like Julio Jones or Larry Fitzgerald just mad mincemeat of both our feisty but undersized corners. WE may have to re-think this as well.

Easier said than done, Finnegan has 3 years left after this and Jenkins is still young.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a real tough game to watch for me. All the mistakes absolutely drove me crazy.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned the secondary and the torching they took last week and in the preseason as the primary reason I didn't think they would win this game...They have to figure out the game is 4 quarters, not 2...All the mistakes not getting better reminds me of Martz and his always favorite line:We'll fix that...I still think this team could be by far the best in over ten years...But, potential only holds water for a reasonable amount of time... It needs to morph into better execution soon...This sched is kind of brutal on paper...

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sched is kind of brutal on paper...

It is freaken brutal, which sucks because we have such a young team

it seems like every week, games i though the rams could easily win are now turning into question marks (except for the jags game) but teams like tennessee gave teams like houston fits today. how will they react once we face them :bawling:

Note: DA HELL DO WE ALWAYS GET SEATTLE FOR THE LAST GAME T.T

Ramtim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are showing Life

Even though the Rams lost today they are looking better and better on offense especially when behind. I can sit here and pick apart the players who made mistakes that cost us points and gave the Falcons points but that will be addressed as time goes bye and the team plays more games. The Rams are getting closer to becoming the team that we all want to see and for Bradford, well he is becoming a leader. With so much youth on this team and Bradford having to bring this team back after being behind I feel will only instill an attitude into the youth of this team that no matter what we keep fighting we can win and with Bradford almost doing it again only solidifies that attitude. I really like what I am seeing with the 2013 Rams and when they can play without getting behind because of mistakes is what I am waiting for.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to mention that the seahawks kicked the shit out of the niners easily.....Gore was shut down; we have no run game so air bradford will have to win this game for us both times. Honestly I do not see that happening; but then again that is why they play the game. They are the scariest team in the division in my opinion, not the niners.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Petee has quietly assembled a pretty darn good football team and they demonstrated that last evening even with arain delay.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only person who sees that Bradford cannot throw a short touch pass? He hit Kendricks with a blazing fastball from 7 yards away and then did it again in the 2nd quarter, bounced out of the WR's hands, then Pick 6.

Am I the only person who sees that Bradford is telegraphing most of his short passes, which is why they are getting batted down at the line of scrimmage.

Am I the only person who sees that we have no running game and abandon it quite well throughout the game. What did Bradford have, 55 attempts?

Am I the only person who saw Bradford miss a few deep ball early by underthrowing his WR?

AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO WATCHED THE GAME? HOW MANY TIMES DID BRADFORD HOLD ONTO THE BALL TOO LONG? He wouldn't make a FREAKIN decision. Either run or get rid of it quick!! Did Brian Quick even play? Pead had 1 carry! Wow, so much for our 2nd round picks LAST YEAR doing anything!

This was a BIG game to see who's a bigtime game and who is not. Bradford showed me again, he's not elite or even good. He's average. Go ahead, tell me he had 3 TD's and career day in yards. BIG FLIPPIN DEAL. It's from being down almost 3 TD's and against prevent. JOY!

I mean, Sam threw a bullet 7 yards away right when D RICH turns around it's there, bounced off his hands and PICK 6. ATL was a good test, and Bradford didn't step up. Period.

The Rams are going to go as far as #8 takes them. He didn't show me anything yesterday but in mop up situations.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly they are more talented than they’ve been in a long time but they have to clean up the mistakes. Penalties, dropped passes and the continued defensive mistakes aren’t going to cut it. I’m not going to be happy with the “well they made a game of it” mentality this year. They need to take the next step and from what I’ve seen in the first two games they haven’t. Bradford had to bail them out in game one and he gave it his best shot again yesterday. However, if they don’t clean some things up they could be staring at 1-4 after the next 2 weeks and another disappointing season.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only person who sees that Bradford cannot throw a short touch pass? He hit Kendricks with a blazing fastball from 7 yards away and then did it again in the 2nd quarter, bounced out of the WR's hands, then Pick 6.

Am I the only person who sees that Bradford is telegraphing most of his short passes, which is why they are getting batted down at the line of scrimmage.

Am I the only person who sees that we have no running game and abandon it quite well throughout the game. What did Bradford have, 55 attempts?

Am I the only person who saw Bradford miss a few deep ball early by underthrowing his WR?

AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO WATCHED THE GAME? HOW MANY TIMES DID BRADFORD HOLD ONTO THE BALL TOO LONG? He wouldn't make a FREAKIN decision. Either run or get rid of it quick!! Did Brian Quick even play? Pead had 1 carry! Wow, so much for our 2nd round picks LAST YEAR doing anything!

This was a BIG game to see who's a bigtime game and who is not. Bradford showed me again, he's not elite or even good. He's average. Go ahead, tell me he had 3 TD's and career day in yards. BIG FLIPPIN DEAL. It's from being down almost 3 TD's and against prevent. JOY!

I mean, Sam threw a bullet 7 yards away right when D RICH turns around it's there, bounced off his hands and PICK 6. ATL was a good test, and Bradford didn't step up. Period.

The Rams are going to go as far as #8 takes them. He didn't show me anything yesterday but in mop up situations.

The receivers have to catch the damn ball. Neither of the throws you mentioned were tough catches and when right through their hands. Can't blame Bradford on those. I thought he mad a few off target throws early but I can't fault him on the 2 you mentioned. There were some other drops as well. The play calling was also way to consevative ealry. Those weren't checkdowns he was throwing, some of those passes appreard to be the first option.