• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ram Day on the NFL Channel

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....this Friday, June 27th. Set your DVR's and relive the 1999 St. Louis Rams greatest highlights and player profiles. :clap:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awesome.... It's been awhile since I've seen any RAMS stuff on there.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's a great avatar Zeke. Only question is......is it yours? And how many Chevrolet products have you destroyed with it. (Sorry, question comes from my old street racing memories)

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's a great avatar Zeke. Only question is......is it yours? And how many Chevrolet products have you destroyed with it. (Sorry, question comes from my old street racing memories)

.....you like it?

BOSS you gotta get one of these! This thing is an ass magnet!:squeeze: All you gotta do is go to the local strip and give a couple of good Rrrevs, and the women are all creamin!

So.. no racing yet! I'm actually nervous as hell behind the wheel of this thing. It's not a luxury car, if you know what I mean. It only weighs 2250# with +500HP. The guy that built it claims it has 650hp. I'm too chicken to find out. Where do you live, I will come and get you?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....you like it?

BOSS you gotta get one of these! This thing is an ass magnet!:squeeze: All you gotta do is go to the local strip and give a couple of good Rrrevs, and the women are all creamin!

So.. no racing yet! I'm actually nervous as hell behind the wheel of this thing. It's not a luxury car, if you know what I mean. It only weighs 2250# with +500HP. The guy that built it claims it has 650hp. I'm too chicken to find out. Where do you live, I will come and get you?
Well I'm jelly!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BACK TO THE THREAD TOPIC

"The basic principles, that it takes to win, will never change.

If it's 1980, 1990, year 2000, 2010, when you're raising your own kids.

1. You surround yourself with good people
  2. Work hard
  3. Be unselfish
  4. Care
  5. Don't be embarrassed to say 'I love you.'
  6. Say 'I appreciate it'.
Because guys if you say it someone else will say it back to you.

~ Dick Vermeil
Wisdom ~ It's one step beyond the accumulative effect of Data, Information & Knowledge.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....you like it?

Even the kit cars are worth a fortune. You know the original did the quarter mile in 12.2 seconds. That's faster than a ZR1 Corvette. Hemming's Motor News had the originals listed as worth well over $ 1 million. They don't come up often though.

If it has 650HP, that must mean you have the 427 Medium Riser engine instead of the 289s they usually put in those kit cars eh?

As far as women....I can only assume you must be a single man with a lot of $$$ to play with Zeke. Most women won't go for that kind of expensive hobby...and probably wouldn't sit still for the female attention you get either.

Those days are long gone for me. Not that I ever had that kind of money to begin with, but getting married and having two kids will sap what money you do have real quick......

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet ride...

BTW if you guys haven't seen A Football Life on Kurt Warner please do yourself the favor and watch. It's simply amazing. Reliving those moments in the 1999 season almost brought me to tears. What a great man and a great era for Rams football!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet ride...

BTW if you guys haven't seen A Football Life on Kurt Warner please do yourself the favor and watch. It's simply amazing. Reliving those moments in the 1999 season almost brought me to tears. What a great man and a great era for Rams football!
Well said, it was a great story showing both his professional and personal challenges.

The first show was pretty damn good too:
'America's Game- "1999 St Louis Rams'
A few story lines that stood out beyond what I readily recall were the regular season Light and Jones int's and the Ricky Championship game winning TD catch!

As they said Todd's interceptions marked our defense as a force, the Jones int clinched a sweep of the Niners who had just a 17 game winning streak vs the Rams prior to the season and Proehl's game winning TD was his first TD of the season.

D'Marco Farr's insight and comments were pretty good too!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the kit cars are worth a fortune. You know the original did the quarter mile in 12.2 seconds. That's faster than a ZR1 Corvette. Hemming's Motor News had the originals listed as worth well over $ 1 million. They don't come up often though.

If it has 650HP, that must mean you have the 427 Medium Riser engine instead of the 289s they usually put in those kit cars eh?

As far as women....I can only assume you must be a single man with a lot of $$$ to play with Zeke. Most women won't go for that kind of expensive hobby...and probably wouldn't sit still for the female attention you get either.

Those days are long gone for me. Not that I ever had that kind of money to begin with, but getting married and having two kids will sap what money you do have real quick......

Correct, it has a 427 crate motor. This is actually my 2nd Cobra, my 1st had a 302 with a crappier suspension. It handled totally different than this one. It was actually dangerous to drive. I ended up selling it and buying this one. This one is the real deal, it has a BMW IRS! It hooks up real nice! It will go straight when you punch it and it will stay straight when you hit the brakes. A car this lite can be a bear to drive, it handles great on a windy road, but you can get into trouble real fast if you are hard on the throttle. I have never raced anyone! I actually think no one dares to challenge! I will also say that I paid a lot less for this car than the cost of a ZR1!

So yah, I am a happily married guy who likes to have fun. I am 53 years old and never had any kids and never will. So this is one of my few toys. No...I don't consider myself rich, but I like to think of myself as a hard worker. I have spent a lot of time renovating apartment houses on the side and now it is paying off! You know, this is all your fault, I gotta admit, when I saw your Mustang avatar, this made me change mine.

Mako

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still get chills from that year. My favorite game other than our Super Bowl and the Vikings game was our complete dominance in week 4 against the team I hate more than anything...the Whiners!! I live in enemy territory and was watching that game among 100's of their stupid fans with my cousin who is also a diehard Ram fan at a bar in Sacramento. Let's just say I was chirping a lot that day and knew something special was about to take place. Seeing all them fake ass fans walk out not being able to say a thing was priceless

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still get chills from that year. My favorite game other than our Super Bowl and the Vikings game was our complete dominance in week 4 against the team I hate more than anything...the Whiners!! I live in enemy territory and was watching that game among 100's of their stupid fans with my cousin who is also a diehard Ram fan at a bar in Sacramento. Let's just say I was chirping a lot that day and knew something special was about to take place. Seeing all them fake ass fans walk out not being able to say a thing was priceless
Same old sorry ass whiners! :lol:

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blasphemy, I know, but I've seen the SB highlights enough times over the years that I've tired of them...The tackle still inspires me, because I believe 99 out of 100 rimes, the receiver scores on that throw...Let the excommunication process begin...

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, it has a 427 crate motor. This is actually my 2nd Cobra, my 1st had a 302 with a crappier suspension. It handled totally different than this one. It was actually dangerous to drive. I ended up selling it and buying this one. This one is the real deal, it has a BMW IRS! It hooks up real nice! It will go straight when you punch it and it will stay straight when you hit the brakes. A car this lite can be a bear to drive, it handles great on a windy road, but you can get into trouble real fast if you are hard on the throttle. I have never raced anyone! I actually think no one dares to challenge! I will also say that I paid a lot less for this car than the cost of a ZR1!

So yah, I am a happily married guy who likes to have fun. I am 53 years old and never had any kids and never will. So this is one of my few toys. No...I don't consider myself rich, but I like to think of myself as a hard worker. I have spent a lot of time renovating apartment houses on the side and now it is paying off! You know, this is all your fault, I gotta admit, when I saw your Mustang avatar, this made me change mine.

Let's move this conversation to the off-topic thread Zeke. I'll meet you there.