• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quinton Coples

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've stuck with Coples at DE. I don't like going bigger on defense. Especially THAT big. Rex Ryan is one of the best defensive minds in the game, so I feel weird questioning his decision. Maybe he has something up his sleeve I'm not expecting.

I gotta disagree with the bolded statement completely. I think that he gravy trained a HUGELY successful, yet über-talented Ravens defense into a Head Coaching job and the only reason he has kept his job is that his personality is positively perfect for NY. When you play the NE spread attack twice a season, I find it completely stupid to make your defense bigger and slower, yet Rex has done exactly that. To me, Fangio has had more "better called defensive games" in the last two seasons schematically then Rex has since he became HC of the Jets. I'm simplifying my answer bc I don't necessarily want to go crazy in depth on this, but I don't agree with how Rex constructed this defense over the course of the last few years. They have also drafted VERY poorly on the defensive side over the past 5 yrs, something I HAVE to believe that Rex had a hand in.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I gotta disagree with the bolded statement completely. I think that he gravy trained a HUGELY successful, yet über-talented Ravens defense into a Head Coaching job and the only reason he has kept his job is that his personality is positively perfect for NY. When you play the NE spread attack twice a season, I find it completely stupid to make your defense bigger and slower, yet Rex has done exactly that. To me, Fangio has had more "better called defensive games" in the last two seasons schematically then Rex has since he became HC of the Jets. I'm simplifying my answer bc I don't necessarily want to go crazy in depth on this, but I don't agree with how Rex constructed this defense over the course of the last few years. They have also drafted VERY poorly on the defensive side over the past 5 yrs, something I HAVE to believe that Rex had a hand in.

Fangio's one of the best in the game too IMO.

Just because Rex Ryan is a great defensive mind doesn't mean he's even a decent head coach. He won't be successful unless he hires an OC who becomes one of the best in the game IMO. That team hasn't been managed / coached very well since they came up just short in the AFC championship game IMO, and they've had a bad string of injuries. However, I like what they did in the first round of the draft.

I just remembered that they got Richardson, so that must be why they moved Coples to OLB. If there's a team that would be better off moving to a 4-3, it seems like the Jets would be one.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the DC of that team, regardless of what the name says on the DC's door. The drafting and development of defensive players falls on him. The lack of flexibility of his stubbornly huge, and slow defense is on him. His piss poor game planning and his defense's inability to consistently stop the run and pass is on him. His evaluation of his own players' strengths, weaknesses, and where they would be best suited is on him.

I will definitely agree that he needs an OC, but it's not like his defense is like the Ravens from 2002-2010, where all they needed was an effective offense while the defense played annually at a top 10 level.