• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quinton Coples

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Though it remains to be seen, I think they have a great front seven now; it's too bad Kyle Wilson and Dee Milliner are going to give up a ton of yardage through the air.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge fan of this.........

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coples, the 16th overall pick in 2012, led the team with 5.5 sacks even though he played in only 47 percent of the defensive snaps.

47 percent? was he injured?

if he wasn't, that seems to indicate he just wasn't panning out? panning out relative to the 16th pick that is.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Coples, the 16th overall pick in 2012, led the team with 5.5 sacks even though he played in only 47 percent of the defensive snaps.

if he wasn't, that seems to indicate he just wasn't panning out? panning out relative to the 16th pick that is.

What percentage of snaps would have to play for you to consider him to be panning out?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

What percentage of snaps would have to play for you to consider him to be panning out?

It reminds me a bit of the Niners' 2011 draft. I mean, Aldon Smith only played 48% of snaps. What a slacker. Though Hunter played fewer. And don't get me started on that Kaepernick guy. He barely played at all. Not to mention that Ronald Curry didn't even make the roster! Only one starter in that entire draft, and he was a late-round fullback. That draft set this team back years.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It reminds me a bit of the Niners' 2011 draft. I mean, Aldon Smith only played 48% of snaps. What a slacker. Though Hunter played fewer. And don't get me started on that Kaepernick guy. He barely played at all. Not to mention that Ronald Curry didn't even make the roster! Only one starter in that entire draft, and he was a late-round fullback. That draft set this team back years.

don't get this reply in relation to Coples? are you comparing Coples to an entire CLASS?

Aldon was transitioning from college DE to NFL OLB, and he joined a good team. he didn't play more snaps but wow, what an impact for the amount he did play. are you comparing Aldon's situation to Coples?

Kaepernick was a 2nd round pick, and joined the 49ers when Alex Smith started doing WELL. ie they already had a good QB in place. it is also well known rookie QB's need more time to learn, so not surprising Kaep sat. are you comparing Kaep's situation to Coples?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
don't get this reply in relation to Coples? are you comparing Coples to an entire CLASS?

Aldon was transitioning from college DE to NFL OLB, and he joined a good team. he didn't play more snaps but wow, what an impact for the amount he did play. are you comparing Aldon's situation to Coples?

Kaepernick was a 2nd round pick, and joined the 49ers when Alex Smith started doing WELL. ie they already had a good QB in place. it is also well known rookie QB's need more time to learn, so not surprising Kaep sat. are you comparing Kaep's situation to Coples?

Simply pointing out that judging a draft pick based solely on percentage of snaps as a rookie often misses the point. By about a mile.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Simply pointing out that judging a draft pick based solely on percentage of snaps as a rookie often misses the point. By about a mile.

thats why you ask the question.

i didn't reach a conclusion. did you just reach it for me?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You concluded that it seems he's not panning out to the pick.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
geez, you're now trying too hard aren't you?

Not really. You're questioning his value, again, based solely on percentage of snaps played. At least, that's the only thing you mentioned when doing so.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patton strikes me as very cerebal. He is effortless in his route running and is a natural at creating seperation from the DB on short to intermediate routes. He strikes me as a guy who is going to put in all the extra hours to know the playbook inside out. I would not be shocked to see him open the season as the #3 WR. I think Jenkins is a joke and Kyle and Mario have a lot of rust to shake off.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Patton strikes me as very cerebal. He is effortless in his route running and is a natural at creating seperation from the DB on short to intermediate routes. He strikes me as a guy who is going to put in all the extra hours to know the playbook inside out. I would not be shocked to see him open the season as the #3 WR. I think Jenkins is a joke and Kyle and Mario have a lot of rust to shake off.

Both named Quinton, but I think you've got the wrong thread.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see that. Yeah he had no catches as a rookie. But, he has worked hard with Kaepernick all off season. He got stronger and faster reportedly. I think he will be the number 3 receiver this year and next year he will be number 1 and Patton number 2. I think Crabtree is gone for diva wr money after this season and that is why Patton was drafted.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Aldon didn't join a good team. He was drafted 7th overall because he joined a bad team that became good. Did Coples play 3-4 DE in college?

You didn't say anything about him being a disappointment other than "he only played 47% of the snaps." Tell us why he should have played so much more.

Give me a break.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
geez, you're now trying too hard aren't you?

Yeah. It takes a lot of effort to connect you saying that if he only played 47% of the snaps and wasn't injured it seems like he's not panning out, to you suggesting he's not panning out.

Deep, how do you feel about Coples in the NFL? Do you think he's panning out based on his rookie season?

Just answer the fucking question.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It takes a lot of effort to connect you saying that if he only played 47% of the snaps and wasn't injured it seems like he's not panning out, to you suggesting he's not panning out.

Deep, how do you feel about Coples in the NFL? Do you think he's panning out based on his rookie season?

Just answer the fucking question.

You know damn well he's ghosted this thread. lol

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I would've stuck with Coples at DE. I don't like going bigger on defense. Especially THAT big. Rex Ryan is one of the best defensive minds in the game, so I feel weird questioning his decision. Maybe he has something up his sleeve I'm not expecting.