• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Proof!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point I'm making is that no free agents can negotiate until March 13.

Because he's cut, that gives him an exception?

Feb. 13​

NFL: The waiver system for 2023 began. Players with fewer than four years of service for benefit purposes are subject to waivers and their contracts can be claimed by other teams. Players with four or more years of service become free agents when released and can be immediately signed.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not actually free agents until March 13th. At least I think that is how it works.
Fair enough.

The way I understood the rules was that nothing could be done from the day of the SB until the following season opened.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proof that the New Ork teams have the NFL in their pocket!

The first reports said that Carr's visit went very well, but now it has been revealed the reason why. According to ESPN, the Jets told Derek that if he comes to New York and wins the Super Bowl he could become a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

Yeah I still think this makes zero sense.

Ahhhhhhahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Sorry but the thought of the Jets and/or Derek Carr winning a Super Bowl is hilarious. And Derek Carr being a first-ballot HOFer is on an entirely different plateau of hilarity.
I completely disagree with all of this . Anyone that can lead THAT team to a SB titles deserves a first ballot entry to the hall.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I ask a question???

How the fuck is it that Derek Carr can start going from team to team trying to hook up??

Why can't the Patriots start contacting free agents???

I thought this shit couldn't start until March 13th officially.

Excuse me all to hell if I'm confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This question comes up every fucking year. Free agents are not actually free agents until they are free. Until then they are "pending free agents". Only players not under contract (like Carr) are actually free agents.