• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quiet coaches

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I look for news stories on spring practice and the improvements of the team, there is little out there. One thing I preferred under Bill Stewart was that he would talk about player improvement, how the team does in practice, etc. He made most practices public and there was plenty to write about.

Now our coaches are quiet in Spring and even before the season. We and the press get a couple of open practices, but we really don't know what is going on. I can understand closed practices don't allow scouts from other teams see new plays and schemes, but having the coaches remain virtually silent does not give us much to follow.

I would love to see more Dana pressers or discussions from the staff as to what players are tearing it up in practice, who is winning the starting jobs. Updates on DTW, Gibson and the QB situation. Dana can give out lots of information without compromising his game plans, or hurting the team.

Season ticket packages will be going out soon. Dana needs to create more excitement and interest in the program during the offseason. During spring practice, we should see WVU stories peppered all over the newspapers of the state. Quiet coaches create no Buzz.