• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

quick

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not sure if this rumor is credible..but i remember a rumor last year about trading carter to the LA kings for quick. i really think this is the type of move the flyers should make. quick is a proven starter, a definite upgrade, gives bob time to develop, and the kings have bernier to take the reins, who could turn out to be even better than quick. this type of move would singlehandedly free up over 3mil in cap space as well as addressing our goalie issue..i feel like this type of move would be the best bet. we could then resign leino with that money, then use the extra cap space from the cap going up (roughly 3 mil) to fill in the depth spots on the 3rd/4th lines and defense.. (nodl, powe resigned, and call up gustaffson or sign OD for a discount)

thoughts?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if this rumor is credible..but i remember a rumor last year about trading carter to the LA kings for quick. i really think this is the type of move the flyers should make. quick is a proven starter, a definite upgrade, gives bob time to develop, and the kings have bernier to take the reins, who could turn out to be even better than quick. this type of move would singlehandedly free up over 3mil in cap space as well as addressing our goalie issue..i feel like this type of move would be the best bet. we could then resign leino with that money, then use the extra cap space from the cap going up (roughly 3 mil) to fill in the depth spots on the 3rd/4th lines and defense.. (nodl, powe resigned, and call up gustaffson or sign OD for a discount)

thoughts?

i would've liked the deal last year, and i'd like it this year.. only problem with your plan after that is giroux's new contract basically covers the entire cap raise.. he's going from a little south of 900k to 3.75 mil

you still have Z coming off (2), but you also have to hope that lappy can show he's trying to come back, so his 1.17 doesn't stay on the cap as a 35+ contract (means it doesn't come off if he retires).. gotta assume walker stays in the minors.. boosh coming off is 900k.. powe/nodl need new contracts, probably 1 mil each if they stay.. but the flyers need more than just leino on the wing.. carcillo is a FA as well..

IMO leino isn't going to come back.. unless the flyers don't address the goalie situation, or can move more than 1 significant contract

i would love (x3) to get quick though.. very quality goalie at a FANTASTIC rate of 1.8 mil for the next 2 seasons

my preference
1. quick (2 years, 1.8 mil)
2. vokoun (my projection: 2 years, 5 mil)
3. bryzgalov (my projection: 3 years, 6 mil)
4. schnieder (1 year*, 900k)
5. bernier (2 years, 1.25 mil)

*RFA after 1 year

after that i'm not sure who else is an option

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the rumors last year were true, more like people online thought Bernier was the future so Quick was available. Problem is Bernier has yet to become the goalie we want him to be on a nightly basis.
Kings have two decent goalies for a low cost. If one of them really steps up the other might become available. Kings also have a few up and coming goalies. Strange to type that. Kings like former Flyers so who knows?

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To me Quick is a moderate upgrade. I am all for it, but not at the cost of trading Carter. I know most people can't stand him, but he is a scorer, and a good one. To get a young goalie that might be a bit better that Bob is fine, but not at that cost.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the rumors last year were true, more like people online thought Bernier was the future so Quick was available. Problem is Bernier has yet to become the goalie we want him to be on a nightly basis.
Kings have two decent goalies for a low cost. If one of them really steps up the other might become available. Kings also have a few up and coming goalies. Strange to type that. Kings like former Flyers so who knows?

i think they have both of them at great contracts.. bob is making 50k less than quick :L

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA isn't going to trade Quick.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Quick over Carter any day for those of you that are saying you wouldn't trade, even though that'd never happen. That kid is going to be lights out in a couple years. Finally a damn good player comes out of CT recently.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
though jeff carter isn't loved by flyers fans, the kings would be stupid not to consider the move. so once again today i disagree with you jeff haha.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Carter is to be moved for a Goalie I think there will also be a winger or prospect involved coming to Philadelphia in the trade as well. Carter is a 40+ scorer with a very cap friendly contract. That has to factor in the trade. Simmonds has always been a player mentioned in the trades involving LA in the past. Would love to see him in orange and black.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i said, we as flyer fans highly under value jeff carter, 20 teams would or are calling holmgren regarding jeff carter's availability

Great regular season player for sure playoffs not so much.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i said, we as flyer fans highly under value jeff carter, 20 teams would or are calling holmgren regarding jeff carter's availability

I see it as us Flyers fans watch Carter mor than anybody else. We see what he is capable of, and other teams know his name. So when I see an inconsistent jackass with a massive contract other GMs see a talented young sniper.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Carter is to be moved for a Goalie I think there will also be a winger or prospect involved coming to Philadelphia in the trade as well. Carter is a 40+ scorer with a very cap friendly contract. That has to factor in the trade. Simmonds has always been a player mentioned in the trades involving LA in the past. Would love to see him in orange and black.

Quick and Simmonds for Carter? Dude, I'd pack his bags myself if that were a legit offer.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd take Quick over Carter any day for those of you that are saying you wouldn't trade, even though that'd never happen. That kid is going to be lights out in a couple years. Finally a damn good player comes out of CT recently.

Yea but the kings cant hoard two stud goalies on their roster forever. Why not trade one for good value and get him out of your conference at the same time.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Carter anyway, IMO

Hell fuck no. Not for Bernier or anyone else in the system, not to mention his remaining ridiculous contract. Leino or Giroux (my wish) on the other hand looks something that Lombardi would pursue if it were in the 2-3 mill a year range.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see it as us Flyers fans watch Carter mor than anybody else. We see what he is capable of, and other teams know his name. So when I see an inconsistent jackass with a massive contract other GMs see a talented young sniper.

I love how Philly sports media is really hyping him up lately. I think they are in on the trade carter now bandwagon.

That said, Carter can score 30 goals a season by accident (quoting crossing broad there, too funny to not give them credit)

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but the kings cant hoard two stud goalies on their roster forever. Why not trade one for good value and get him out of your conference at the same time.

Lombardi has been very adamant about having two solid goaltenders on next seasons roster. Bernier has slowly been developing into a great goalie and will be challenging Quick for the top spot for sure. They are both signed till the 2012-2013 season. IMO I think Bernier will be the franchise goalie for the Kings.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell fuck no. Not for Bernier or anyone else in the system, not to mention his remaining ridiculous contract. Leino or Giroux (my wish) on the other hand looks something that Lombardi would pursue if it were in the 2-3 mill a year range.

Yeah, I wasnt saying that it is possible. Unless you are just agreeing with me and I read this the wrong way.