• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

quick

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i stick to my list.. but really the only reason quick is above vokoun is because of how friendly the cap hit is

i really think vokoun is a top 3 goalie in the league, he's just been buried under the awful panthers for how long.. yet he still puts up quality numbers

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
FOr everyone saying that Carter hasn't produced in the playoffs (true) and that he will always be a playoff bust, remember Keith Primeau's career. In Detroit, and Carolina, he was regarded as a regular season player. All of a sudden, he scores one OT goal, and he is our playoff hero. Then he goes on to have the best playoffs in black and orange in '04.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jeff has just had some bad luck with injuries during the playoffs. Guy took a Pronger slapshot in the boot and still scored after breaking his foot

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell fuck no. Not for Bernier or anyone else in the system, not to mention his remaining ridiculous contract. Leino or Giroux (my wish) on the other hand looks something that Lombardi would pursue if it were in the 2-3 mill a year range.

I would hate to see the Flyers lose Giroux.
Carter,Hartnell,and Leino should be used as trade bait.
Young guys like JVR and Giroux are developing into stud players,which the Flyers need to keep.

I think to this day,they gave up too early on Patrick Sharp and Joni Pittaken.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off the asking price for Carter will be really high. He has the ability to score like Kovalchuk at a cap hit of about a million less and he's signed to a long term deal that he actually has the ability to play through it's completion. He's a guy that most teams would love to build around, and if he learned to use his size correctly he could be dominant in this league.

If I was Homer and LA came calling the asking price would start at Quick, Simmonds & a high pick and I'd go from there.

The thing I don't understand though is why with all the great young players on this team everyone is so quick to trade a guy away who could score 40 goals a season at such a cap friendly number. Has he been good playoffs? No, but has he been healthy for a whole playoff either?

I may be in the minority here, but I'd prefer to start trading away the older guys we have. I think guys like Pronger, Timonen(I would prefer to keep him though, love how he plays through it all) and Briere would net a lot in return. This team could be geared more towards a long term late 90's early 2000's Detroit style team who competes for the cup every year without the depleting players shelf life.

I'll close with my list of untouchables... Giroux, JVR, Richards, Mez, Coburn, Betts, Powe, Bob. Not all our best guys, but some of the best in the league at doing what they do.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think to this day,they gave up too early on Patrick Sharp and Joni Pittaken.

Sharp definitely, it took Joni getting traded to learn how the hell to hit and that he shouldn't try to coast to coast himself every time he touched the puck.

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOr everyone saying that Carter hasn't produced in the playoffs (true) and that he will always be a playoff bust, remember Keith Primeau's career. In Detroit, and Carolina, he was regarded as a regular season player. All of a sudden, he scores one OT goal, and he is our playoff hero. Then he goes on to have the best playoffs in black and orange in '04.

Tough to replace those heart and soul players the Flyers had like Primeau,Brindamour,Recchi,etc..

Carter has had some rough stretches.I feel with his contract,and with most nhl gm's inquiring about him,the time is right for the Flyers to move him.

They could get a good goalie as well as a winger,and move Briere back to center.

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off the asking price for Carter will be really high. He has the ability to score like Kovalchuk at a cap hit of about a million less and he's signed to a long term deal that he actually has the ability to play through it's completion. He's a guy that most teams would love to build around, and if he learned to use his size correctly he could be dominant in this league.

If I was Homer and LA came calling the asking price would start at Quick, Simmonds & a high pick and I'd go from there.

The thing I don't understand though is why with all the great young players on this team everyone is so quick to trade a guy away who could score 40 goals a season at such a cap friendly number. Has he been good playoffs? No, but has he been healthy for a whole playoff either?

I may be in the minority here, but I'd prefer to start trading away the older guys we have. I think guys like Pronger, Timonen(I would prefer to keep him though, love how he plays through it all) and Briere would net a lot in return. This team could be geared more towards a long term late 90's early 2000's Detroit style team who competes for the cup every year without the depleting players shelf life.

I'll close with my list of untouchables... Giroux, JVR, Richards, Mez, Coburn, Betts, Powe, Bob. Not all our best guys, but some of the best in the league at doing what they do.

I had put on another thread,my thoughts about Pronger and Timonen and got some surprising replies.I agree with you on them and Briere.

Like your list of untouchables,the only guy I would add ,that I like is Powe.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all of you who are lauding Carter here are some playoff stats that are interesting.

Carter 91MP 1G 1A 2pts -3
Carcillo 91MP 2G 1A 3pts +2

I cant see how Carter gets hurt every year for the playoffs when he never ever checks anyone and never ever blocks a shot and when you have less playoff points than Carcillo there is a problem with your production.

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all of you who are lauding Carter here are some playoff stats that are interesting.

Carter 91MP 1G 1A 2pts -3
Carcillo 91MP 2G 1A 3pts +2

I cant see how Carter gets hurt every year for the playoffs when he never ever checks anyone and never ever blocks a shot and when you have less playoff points than Carcillo there is a problem with your production.

Thank god Carcillo's only concern is penalty minutes.Sure as hell don't need him asking for a raise with those booming playoff stats over Carter.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad to see the trade pronger bandwagon is growing

unfortunately nobody else was a part of it when the flyers gave up 2 first round picks, lupul, and sbisa :frusty:

or at least when he signed a 7 year contract that we cant get rid of :hurt:

:rain:

Last edited by a moderator:

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

unfortunately nobody was a part of it when the flyers gave up 2 first round picks, lupul, and sbisa :frusty:

I was actually pissed beyond belief when they made that trade, but I was also under the impression that we stood a chance at Bouwmeester at the time. I think Homer was blinded by the facade this is Pronger being the only reason any of his teams have ever been good.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

unfortunately nobody else was a part of it when the flyers gave up 2 first round picks, lupul, and sbisa :frusty:

Wooooooahhhh, even if he is traded we still pay him?

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
THe contract sucks. Pronger does not. Bouwmeester has been below average at best, and has a shit contract too. Sbisa is replaceable, but the picks make it an even trade.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh i definitely didnt want jaybo.. i made a billion and a half threads on disney about why we didnt want jaybo.. i think my reaction to the pronger deal was 'at least this means we wont get jaybo'

i didn't mind getting pronger at the time, i did think we overpaid, but sometimes thats what you have to do

i was pissed about that contract though.. "physical" guys like chris pronger don't play well until they're 42

just thinking about chris pronger crippling the flyers for the next 6 years has me worked up :frusty:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to look at it this way, maybe his back was hindering his performance and when they fix him up he will be like last years Pronger.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to look at it this way, maybe his back was hindering his performance and when they fix him up he will be like last years Pronger.

i hope for that too.. even though i didnt particularly like him last year either..

but normally every day people in their late 30's dont fully recover from back surgery.. i'm worried its not going to go away