• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QUICK sucks

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire teams sucks this year so I don't understand why it's magnified on Quick.

Being 30th in GF is obviously his fault...if he would do more with the puck that would benefit us greatly based on past performance.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You again are living off his past performances. That's his job still, it's like the Chris Rock act about being a good Dad. THAT'S your job.

That's one of the best skits ever from him, I always crack up when I hear that one. His OJ one is petty funny too.

I think Quick has had some stellar performances in the past, and those two Cup wins don't happen without him. However, I am also basing his performance of this year and all things considered with how bad the team is, he is still giving them a chance to win on almost a nightly basis.

He has hardly been he problem this season. If he is moved to a contender, I have no doubt he still has it. He is easily the best money goalie in the league the last 10 years or so hands down.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Quick, it's gotta be tough to stay motivated in a season like this. I really don't read into his stats much this year. I'm confident if he was dealt to a contender he would be plenty motivated again and at the top of his game. The only knock he has lately is his injuries.

Ok I feel bad for the thread title.

However, I am also basing his performance of this year and all things considered with how bad the team is, he is still giving them a chance to win on almost a nightly basis.

The entire teams sucks this year so I don't understand why it's magnified on Quick.

Again, I expect Quick to be Quick. I can go thru the whole team starting with Carter, etc... but how can I go after young rookie players that don't have the experience?

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flounder-24-1000__32539.1414776306.jpg

Last edited:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a good representation of the game tonight

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cechmanek x2

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So while Richard's got the shaft (deservedly) but was a much better leader than Brown with a higher level of intangibles, Kopitar and Doughty get killed for making $11 each and Quick apparently can't stop a puck, why does Brown get the pass?

Splain please.

=)~~

Who is giving Brown a pass? From what I saw today is Brown and the youngsters were the only ones that did anything.

Doughty, Kopitar & Carter (wearing the A/C/A) are getting the passes, plus your past love affair with Mr. .739 / 6 GA

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone? Who has critiqued his play? I haven't seen anyone, have you?

I'm open to everything but I'm not open to selective criticism. Take a look at the posts since October, you won't find many anti Brown musings. You simply will not. 61 points in one year is apparently the norm, not the shit walk he produced for the previous 6.

Quick gets a pass from me because until this year he carried the load. Look at the playoffs, a 1.55 GAA but went 0-4. That's on the 18 skaters in front of him, not him.

Not so much this season and I think if they get a good offer for him they should take it. You know this but I love the sweater, not a player.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like pointing out peanuts or corn in your shit....its all still shit

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick was a great goaltender
End/

FTFY.

=)~~

In all seriousness, I think he is one of the best gamers in the business the last 10 years or so. The names I usually see are Price and Lundqvuist, and while good goalies Price has never won a Cup or Conn Smythe and Lundqvist will finish his career as solid but never able to win either. Quick has done it all minus a Vezina, and there were years he should have won but didn't and that time has passed.

He reminds me a lot of CuJo minus the team to team movement. The last real chance they had was when they played LA and while he played OK, I also think he wasn't that good overall although his stats may show otherwise. The Kings victimized him with backbreaking goals like Richards setting up Williams in OT.

The team in front of him has been at fault more than anything this season but I have also noticed he is not being able to steal games as much as he was able to just as recent as last season.

Could be age, confidence, the injuries, maybe mentally worn down for saving their butts for over a decade but there has been a change in his game for sure. Will always thank him and like him for what he did but with the way this team is constructed and what they have in store, I think it would be a good move to trade him if they got a decent return.

Starting goalies are usually not dealt mid season barring something unusual (Patrick Roy for example) of if they are maybe on expiring contracts, but a goalie with the pedigree and credentials like Quick should be looked at for maybe a 1A position on an up and coming team to mentor a younger goalie or maybe a better team looking for a legitimate playoff tested winning goalie.

We all knew this day was coming, but to see this team finally being dismantled vs thinking about it are two different realities.

Last edited:

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing his best for lose for Hughes. IF he's here. no no no :hope:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the brightside, kings almost have a 20g scorer this season

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 3rd goal was absolutely BRUTAL
I was screaming at the tv...hard to watch even though I know the right thing is to keep losing to hope to get Hughes or the Finnish guy with the funny last name

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my head I know it is better to lose, however; when watching the game, I get upset when the do.