• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QUICK sucks

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to shut them down after the Kings took the lead

Trade him for a bag glow pucks

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worth replying to him. He is still waiting for Bernier to get to the hall of fame so he can say I told you so.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Quick's fault at all. And I'm sure like the professional, leader and teammate he is he probably took the blame for it when it was about a specific 8-10 guys in front of him.

The rags and message board GMs bring up his age and salary as cautionary factors to make a trade, as well as his injury history (which is the biggest concern and somewhat legitimate) but he is showing time and again even at his age he is an elite, number 1 goalie who can still get it done.

Too bad the guys in front of him don't play that way anymore.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Quick's fault at all. And I'm sure like the professional, leader and teammate he is he probably took the blame for it when it was about a specific 8-10 guys in front of him.

That's the problem, he gets all the "not his fault", but never gets the blame around here (or some of the blame). Maybe I'm expecting him to the Jonathan Quick of old.

Also Soupy has the same players in front of him, and seems to be more in control.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem, he gets all the "not his fault", but never gets the blame around here (or some of the blame). Maybe I'm expecting him to the Jonathan Quick of old.

Also Soupy has the same players in front of him, and seems to be more in control.

I'm harsh on Quick just like I am anyone else on this team, good times and bad. I think everyone knows I pull for the colors, not a specific player. Never have, never will.

That said, Quick is going to go down as the best goalie ever to wear a Kings jersey. Not just for the stats, but his overall demeanor and tenure in LA. His 32 will be retired at some point.

My point here is if he shits the bed, I'll say it loud and proud. I don't think he did in this game and arguably has been one of the few players this season who hasn't mailed it in.

Dude has pride and balls, bigger than most in that locker room. I think the criticism is unfair all things considered.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most people here have been critical of Quick from time to time. He has let in a lot of bad goals and done horrid things with the puck. Still the best goalie the Kings have had by far, no cup wins without him

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm harsh on Quick just like I am anyone else on this team, good times and bad. I think everyone knows I pull for the colors, not a specific player. Never have, never will.

That said, Quick is going to go down as the best goalie ever to wear a Kings jersey. Not just for the stats, but his overall demeanor and tenure in LA. His 32 will be retired at some point.

100 % Agree.

My point here is if he shits the bed, I'll say it loud and proud. I don't think he did in this game and arguably has been one of the few players this season who hasn't mailed it in.
It's his timing for bad goals. 31 seconds after the Kings go ahead in the Islanders game.
Then Quick gives up a blue line shot when the Kings had the momentum and the Rangers went up 3-2. Kempe & Toffoli saved his ass.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Quick, it's gotta be tough to stay motivated in a season like this. I really don't read into his stats much this year. I'm confident if he was dealt to a contender he would be plenty motivated again and at the top of his game. The only knock he has lately is his injuries.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's his timing for bad goals. 31 seconds after the Kings go ahead in the Islanders game

Yeah, 31 seconds after is brutal - those are back breakers. If you look at the replay however, that is not on Quick: Barzal's nifty deflection

I did a quick screen capture, here is the sequence:
- Moments before, Carter released Barzal at the blue line along the boards, who curled and started going through the middle towards the net. Carter played his position and did exactly as he should.
- Phaneuf was boxing out Beauvillier (black circle) exactly as he should.
- LaDue (red circle) saw Barzal coming down the middle and for whatever reason decides to try and stop the shot from Pulock and kept backing in towards Quick instead of moving to his left and picking up Barzal who went in completely uncontested. The arrow shows you what he should have been doing vs what he was doing.
- Barzal (blue/purple/crazy square) is all alone next to Quick with a wide open net.

While I didn't color it, the player in front of Carter is Leipsic who was going out to challenge Pulock. Had LaDue shifted over like he should have, Pulock loses a split second from the Leipsic challenge and perhaps hesitates and holds on, or he panics and now his pass has a very good chance of not getting there at all or at the very least being disrupted once it does. Instead, a hard pass is zipped along a wide open passing lane and tipped in.

Exactly WTF is LaDue doing? That would be known as "reading the play wrong, picking up the wrong man and screwing the pooch". He is awful defensively and has a lot to learn. If you watch the first 15-20 seconds of the clip you will see exactly how this happened at full speed.

I've never been on the LaDue train but am starting to lean towards the school of thought that there is a reason Slick Willy doesn't play him much - he is a massive liability and at age 26 or whatever should have a much better grasp of NHL coverages whether he plays or not. I've never played an NHL game in my life but know a significant amount and just broke it down for you, this clown can't learn? Keep in mind this is the play that started with the poor LaDue rim around the boards that put Toffoli in a tough spot (even Toffoli is facing the shooter and has his man covered to the right and back of LaDue).

This is on LaDue, not Quick. Maybe Quick could have not been so aggressive - look where he is in the crease - but he is expecting Barzal to be covered and is challenging the shooter. This goal completely changed the complexion of the game.

upload_2019-2-6_21-0-43.png

Then Quick gives up a blue line shot when the Kings had the momentum and the Rangers went up 3-2. Kempe & Toffoli saved his ass.

All goalies give up bad goals man, some more than others. Quick is not one of them. And if you're going to say Kempe and Toffoli saved his ass, I say good - Quick has saved everyone's ass exponentially more than anyone else on the team during his career here, it's about time more people stepped up and did the same for him.

In fact, I'm glad The Ringer and Kempe finally scored, they have been completely underwhelming for almost 2 full seasons now.

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-6_20-59-43.png
    upload_2019-2-6_20-59-43.png
    503.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, 31 seconds after is brutal - those are back breakers. If you look at the replay however, that is not on Quick: Barzal's nifty deflection
Quick didn't even see it.

All goalies give up bad goals man, some more than others. Quick is not one of them. And if you're going to say Kempe and Toffoli saved his ass, I say good - Quick has saved everyone's ass exponentially more than anyone else on the team during his career here, it's about time more people stepped up and did the same for him.

In fact, I'm glad The Ringer and Kempe finally scored, they have been completely underwhelming for almost 2 full seasons now.

You again are living off his past performances. That's his job still, it's like the Chris Rock act about being a good Dad. THAT'S your job.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap:

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire teams sucks this year so I don't understand why it's magnified on Quick.