• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question to Seahawk fans

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know in the cap era A really good Draft or two in a row will cost a team. I see the Seahawks headed for that same fate.
With a QB on a rookie Contract, when it is time to redo Wilsons contract. No doubt he will get paid, taking a nice chunk from the hawks cap. Then you have to deal with all the draft picks that are kicking ass for you who all will have contracts up around the same time. So no way do I see you keeping all these players wanting to be paid all at the same time. A punishment to teams that have several good players from the draft & not FA. (cant resign them all)
So my question is when this time comes, who do you think you guys will lose in the next couple years?

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt they will lose some of these players, but what I've seen is Pete and John Schneider can evaluate talent and will no doubt continue to bring in players that can step in and not cost much.

I'm thinking they will make sure to keep Wilson, Sherman, Thomas and Okung. Sherman could be interesting as he will want and get top dollar.

I think we lose some of our LB's (Wright and Wagner)

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt,,, what its going to do is make them find more shermans in the fifth.

I think we all see the talent in schneider and pete at finding guys late. maxwell and lane playing so well now only enforces that point.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say they have found some late round gems so far in their tenure but I would wait to assume that is going to become the norm. Shannahan used to do the same thing for the Broncos with finding some major late round talent yet in his later years as a coach/GM he failed miserably at the whole draft.

Not too long ago BB was considered the Pioneer when it came to how to draft and now some are really questioning his eye for talent with falling in love with Rutgers players lately.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We talk about this all the time on our board. You hear Carroll mention it now and then. They know the cap is a real issue and I doubt any of the fans here believe we are going to keep all of the young guns they currently have. Obviously Earl Thomas and Wilson are untouchable no matter what they are paid. Sherman likely isn't going anywhere either. Okung it depends on his health and the value of his contract, but unless they can find another stud to replace him he isn't going anywhere. Outside of them all others are on the block and at least are potential trade bait. I'd imagine they might trade some of the others and use the draft picks to go after more developmental young kids.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say they have found some late round gems so far in their tenure but I would wait to assume that is going to become the norm. Shannahan used to do the same thing for the Broncos with finding some major late round talent yet in his later years as a coach/GM he failed miserably at the whole draft.

Not too long ago BB was considered the Pioneer when it came to how to draft and now some are really questioning his eye for talent with falling in love with Rutgers players lately.

I never bought in to the BB/draft genius deal.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's going to boil down to Shearman vs. Thomas and Thomas is going to win that battle. The core on offense will be Okung/Wilson with ET and apparently Chancellor on defense.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt,,, what its going to do is make them find more shermans in the fifth.

I think we all see the talent in schneider and pete at finding guys late. maxwell and lane playing so well now only enforces that point.

Lmao, is that all they're going to need to do?

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Hawks will be fine (unfortunately). The only thing that could really bite them in the ass is if Percy Harvin cant stay healthy and turns into a total waste of a trade. That could present a major set back for the franchise.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of dead weight money from Sidney Rice should help a little bit. There's no doubt that they will lose some players.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, they cant keep them all but letting good players walk is the norm in the NFL, good front offices keep their teams a float. It seems that the Seattle has a pretty good eye for talent and if they had a couple real good drafts then that is a good foundation for a team for years to come, regardless of having to let 2 or 3 good players to walk.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he hasn't shown anything when laid next to proven geniuses like, uh, John Schneider.

Shake your head really hard. Maybe I'll fall out of it.
Z

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether its the draft or free agency,all good things must come to an end..........It has happened to every team in history.
Just let the SeaHawks play it out.
If one of the above two doesn`t get them,father time will.....

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know there will be tough decisions coming up. One thing is for sure, all of us might think we will keep X, or Y, or Z and our FO will pull a zinger and surprise all of us.
I am not sold on Okung being a fixture at LT. He is a damn fine Tackle, but he plays about 50-60% of all offensive plays due to his being injury prone.
Our biggest cap hits for 2013 are, in order of highest cost:
Zack Miller --Might be too expensive to keep.
Okung---Huge Rookie contract that he held out for, could we find good talent for $5M per year?
Lynch---untouchable at the present.
Clemons---Love the guy but high cost and we have much more depth to survive w/o him. Casualty?
Red Bryant---Having his best year.
Max Unger---Average to below average year. Jean Pierre for a lot less?

Sidney Rice (IR) still has $2.4M coming to him on signing bonus, but the team will drop his base salary of $8.5M in 2014 and $9.0M in 2015. So his base salary of $8.5M this year will fall off the books freeing up a lot of cap space.

Those are some of the things our FO will address this off season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know there will be tough decisions coming up. One thing is for sure, all of us might think we will keep X, or Y, or Z and our FO will pull a zinger and surprise all of us.
I am not sold on Okung being a fixture at LT. He is a damn fine Tackle, but he plays about 50-60% of all offensive plays due to his being injury prone.
Our biggest cap hits for 2013 are, in order of highest cost:
Zack Miller --Might be too expensive to keep.
Okung---Huge Rookie contract that he held out for, could we find good talent for $5M per year?
Lynch---untouchable at the present.
Clemons---Love the guy but high cost and we have much more depth to survive w/o him. Casualty?
Red Bryant---Having his best year.
Max Unger---Average to below average year. Jean Pierre for a lot less?

Sidney Rice (IR) still has $2.4M coming to him on signing bonus, but the team will drop his base salary of $8.5M in 2014 and $9.0M in 2015. So his base salary of $8.5M this year will fall off the books freeing up a lot of cap space.

Those are some of the things our FO will address this off season.

Don't look at the cap hit , but at which players, if cut save the most cap. That would be in order of savings

Red Bryant 8,500,000
Clemons 7,500,000
Rice 7,300,000
Avril 7,000,000
Lynch 7,000,000
Mebane 5,700,000
Miller 5,000,000

Obviously not all of these players will get cut, but some will and others will be asked to take a cut in pay. I'm not going to worry about it until after the season.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be wrong, but Sherman seems like the type of guy who is going to chase the almighty dollar regardless of who dangles it in front of his face. Being able to afford Sherman , Thomas, Lynch, and Wilson is a tall order. Regardless, the Seahawks are a deep team, they will be the team to beat in the NFC west for at least the next 5 years.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look at the cap hit , but at which players, if cut save the most cap. That would be in order of savings

Red Bryant 8,500,000
Clemons 7,500,000
Rice 7,300,000
Avril 7,000,000
Lynch 7,000,000
Mebane 5,700,000
Miller 5,000,000

Obviously not all of these players will get cut, but some will and others will be asked to take a cut in pay. I'm not going to worry about it until after the season.

As illustrated in my Sidney Rice breakdown, $8.5 M cap hit with $2.4 bone spread out over 2 years = $8.5M-$1.2M (1/2 of the $2.4 bone)$7.3 cap reduction. Same result.:yahoo: