• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question on the Press

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Since there are too many to list in a poll -
If you could contribute to the retirement fund of any member of the sports press world so that they would not again grace your screen or radio, Who would it be?

I am torn between Skip Bayless and Steven A(ssclown) Smith

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florio gets an honorable mention in my book but Bayless would just edge out Cowherd

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A is terrible, but since he's just on First Take he can be avoided. I like whoever said Florio, that guy is a troll who likes to stir up controversy for clicks. I'd probably go with him.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SonnyBlack and Scott Zolak

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hands down...Joe Buck

I can easily avoid the paid shock value opinions on the different sports shows. Three years ago I started turning down the sound of any game I watch that he's working. Just watched a 7 game world series without volume and enjoyed the product just fine.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A is terrible, but since he's just on First Take he can be avoided. I like whoever said Florio, that guy is a troll who likes to stir up controversy for clicks. I'd probably go with him.

Florio edges out Steven A for me as well. Steven A thinks he knows everything there could ever be known about sports and anybody who disagrees with him is an idiot but Florio truly has sold his soul destroying actual players' lives along the way. I mean he would rather print a story he is maybe is 10% true and ruin a person's life than miss out on the opportunity to post an article he knows will get clicks.

Then you throw in he can't stand when he gets called out on such behavior. He got called out on Bronco radio I remember for a story and he just hung up on the radio guys and has refused to do any radio interviews with anybody in Denver since. Then posted about 4 articles in the next week trying to destroy the lives of other Bronco players.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florio edges out Steven A for me as well. Steven A thinks he knows everything there could ever be known about sports and anybody who disagrees with him is an idiot but Florio truly has sold his soul destroying actual players' lives along the way. I mean he would rather print a story he is maybe is 10% true and ruin a person's life than miss out on the opportunity to post an article he knows will get clicks.

Then you throw in he can't stand when he gets called out on such behavior. He got called out on Bronco radio I remember for a story and he just hung up on the radio guys and has refused to do any radio interviews with anybody in Denver since. Then posted about 4 articles in the next week trying to destroy the lives of other Bronco players.
Wasn't that the story last year about how Manning was pissed off at Elway, or something like that?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't that the story last year about how Manning was pissed off at Elway, or something like that?

Yeah Florio posted some article about how Peyton was demanding a trade if he couldn't start or that he would retire in the middle of the season. And pretty much that he and Elway were done with each other and so on. Well the whole story was found to not be true and when he was called on to give his sources because the Manning camp especially was ticked that anything like this was being said and Florio wouldn't give up his sources. When on the radio talking with some of the guys who actually have direct relationships with Manning and Elway that had both been talked to about the situation saying that neither of them have any clue how this got started Florio went on some rant then hung up. Then a bunch of Bronco "rumor" articles started coming out. Just a very childish way to handle being one of the national media guys.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from his golf efforts, (not good at all) I like him too, but he's gotten stale...time for a change.

I dislike change....

I'm a creature of habit.

I'm having a hard time adjusting to the new ESPN crew. I miss Tommy et al.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike change....

I'm a creature of habit.

I'm having a hard time adjusting to the new ESPN crew. I miss Tommy et al.....

A lot of us are such creatures...married 28 ys and I've slept on the same side of the bed for 28 yrs.

I really thought Berman and Jackson should've gone out as tandem....I find myself not really watching as much pregame anymore and certainly not much postgame on ESPN or anywhere really.

Moss is better than I was expecting, and Steve Young...it's time for him as well. I like point the lady, more so than Young.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of us are such creatures...married 28 ys and I've slept on the same side of the bed for 28 yrs.

I really thought Berman and Jackson should've gone out as tandem....I find myself not really watching as much pregame anymore and certainly not much postgame on ESPN or anywhere really.

Moss is better than I was expecting, and Steve Young...it's time for him as well. I like point the lady, more so than Young.

I watch pregame while on the eliptical unit...

I kind of like Woodson too and Hustlebuck and Dilfer are well spoken. Kobler drives me nuts with the hair......

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going for the

$2 quinella box of 4 sports azzholes
Bayless
Stephen A
Cowturd
Joe Buck

Bayless is just a blowhard
Stephen A is a azzhole
Cowturd thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread
Joe Buck is riding on the greatness of his Daddy and is a hater

dishonable mention to
Tom Jackson
Marshall Faker

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$1000 Quinella on the best ever

Vin Scully
Curt Gowdy
Keith Jackson
Al Michaels

With Plenty left over for more bets

Brad Sham is the Best Cowboys announcer but you mostly only get him on Cowboys radio

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from his golf efforts, (not good at all) I like him too, but he's gotten stale...time for a change.

That reshuffled ESPN NFL pregame lineup w/ Berman, Moss, Hasslebeck & Woodson is just plain awful. Collectively they have almost no appeal & are very boring. Woodson looks like a clown when he wears those ascots.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That reshuffled ESPN NFL pregame lineup w/ Berman, Moss, Hasslebeck & Woodson is just plain awful. Collectively they have almost no appeal & are very boring. Woodson looks like a clown when he wears those ascots.

They are growing on me. I like Woodson's style..

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Rome. I really hate that fucking guy.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Rome. I really hate that fucking guy.

Hated him since the Chris Evert thing, and the Gordie Howe bit didn't help...

But for me, Stephen A Smith. I am fine with him in basketball. I don't watch him or listen to him much when he talks about that, but he does have good connections in the sport and some knowledge. But him doing football is a joke.

Two things I hate on sports radio

Stephen A trying to talk football
Mel Kiper Jr trying to talk basketball.