• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Qualifying Round - Edmonton Oilers vs. Chicago Blackhawks

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to give his 'work' a click..... how the fuck did these three teams take the biggest risk?

I took the bullet for you puck - Paraphrasing here, Staples is saying the Oilers, Leafs, and Penguins took the biggest risk because they were teams that has playoff spots locked up and were thrown into the same play-in tourney with teams that had no shot of making the playoffs. It's hard to follow the logic that it would be sweet justice that a team that had a playoff spot locked up and were eliminated in a wonky play-in tourney should be rewarded with the first overall selection, but that's what he's espousing.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I took the bullet for you puck - Paraphrasing here, Staples is saying the Oilers, Leafs, and Penguins took the biggest risk because they were teams that has playoff spots locked up and were thrown into the same play-in tourney with teams that had no shot of making the playoffs. It's hard to follow the logic that it would be sweet justice that a team that had a playoff spot locked up and were eliminated in a wonky play-in tourney should be rewarded with the first overall selection, but that's what he's espousing.
thanks. Figured it was as much.
they were the ones (not sure if it was team or media) complaining about a best of 5 because "what if Patrick Kane gets hot"

fuck 'em