• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB School Breakdown of Lance's First Start

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye week, dick in the dirt, 3-game losing streak fodder...

JT does a great job on these vids, although I'm still cranky about him as a 9er qb.

My takeaways... Lance is making good reads, but his tepidness/immaturity shows up in his footwork, which ultimately speeds up the game and causes him to panic. If he cleaned up just a few of these inconsistencies and calmed the f@ck down, he could build a series of plays/concepts that would open up the offense and put the defense on their heels.

I don't really agree with JT's take on runs in-between the tackles, or how Lance runs most of the time, to be quite honest. Putting his head down like he does is unnecessarily careless. It's an injury waiting to happen. Given his experience with RG3, you would think that Shanahan would coach him up on running style up a bit more.

You can see why there's intrigue and enthusiasm for Lance's potential. If he's able to slow the game down and make throws when they're open, he'll lift the ceiling of the team for years to come. Hopefully Scarangello is a calming influence that builds his confidence. I'm sure there will be a lot more ups and downs if he continues to start.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's KP's breakdown... pretty much the same observations.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We'll see after Lance gains experience, it'll take a while like the far majority of QB's.

We've read before how the game slows down for QB's, but this is after several seasons, not games. It is a tough decision for Shannahan, but i still think its better starting JG a little more.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching him analyze that video of lance I feel there is not much hope.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having posted this before the mysterious knee injury... it's clear that we won't get to see Lance for another week at least. If we stink it up on offense against Indy and come out with an L, we're 2-4 with a snowball's chance in hell of making the playoffs. At that point, I wouldn't be surprised to see a permanent switch to Lance.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Having posted this before the mysterious knee injury... it's clear that we won't get to see Lance for another week at least. If we stink it up on offense against Indy and come out with an L, we're 2-4 with a snowball's chance in hell of making the playoffs. At that point, I wouldn't be surprised to see a permanent switch to Lance.
For me, still think you work in Lance at his own pace.

Whether we lose or play poorly this Sunday, it doesn't make you decide that Lance starts from now on. Lance has to 'experience' at his own pace, and if thats sooner rather than later, better yet. But simply starting him is not a good idea looking to next year and beyond.