• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Jarrett Stidham signed

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upgrade meaning more expensive. Not much else though.
Stidham played well for a team with no motivation, no o line, and a tanking team.

He's likely to get a shot at interim qb if Wilson stinks it up next year too, so at least we'll be competitive - unlike the Jets game last year.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a subtle message to Wilson that hey we have a guy behind you we won't hesitate to play and think we can win with.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not see this one at all. The Webb connection I go I get it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a bridge signing as well if Wilson sucks again in year 2. Stidham can at least start as we draft a young QB. Not expecting this to be the case but just saying he does more then what we have behin Wilson before this signing. This prepares us a little more for if Wilson does suck.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No wins as a starter

Less than 60% completions

QB rating of 73

I’m sure Russ is quaking at the thought…
I'm sure he is too. Toss up Wilson's numbers in comparison, then add their contract numbers. Who should have a qb rating of 70?

(Check out their PFF overall rating)

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he is too. Toss up Wilson's numbers in comparison, then add their contract numbers. Who should have a qb rating of 70?

108 wins

65% completions

100 QB rating

Oh, and a Super Bowl ring

I’m sure Russ is quaking at the thought of losing his job to a replacement level backup…

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stidham did well for the Raiders last year in the game vs 9ers. We aren't signing him as our future QB. We are signing him as an upgrade to Rypien which he is and a bridge option if Wilson sucks while we make that next year. Lets hope the second part of this comment doesn't happen. But better then being stuck with Rypien vs Josh Johnson going into next year if worst comes to worst.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice career stats. Look at 2022.

I’m comparing career to career. Stidham is borderline NFL talent. Wilson is borderline HOF. Let’s not kid ourselves into believing Stidham is anywhere near a starting level QB.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m comparing career to career. Stidham is borderline NFL talent. Wilson is borderline HOF. Let’s not kid ourselves into believing Stidham is anywhere near a starting level QB.

While I am not calling for Stidham to be a starting NFL QB to say he isn't anywhere near a starting level QB is false.

He showed he can start if needed. He will be a quality NFL backup for a long time, IMO. Someone you won't want to start long term though but he is capable of starting as a bridge/stop gap type of QB. He proved that last year.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am not calling for Stidham to be a starting NFL QB to say he isn't anywhere near a starting level QB is false.

He showed he can start if needed. He will be a quality NFL backup for a long time, IMO. Someone you won't want to start long term though but he is capable of starting as a bridge/stop gap type of QB. He proved that last year.

His numbers say otherwise. Statistically, there’s no difference between him and Rypien.

He exceeded his career averages last year while he coached by one of the better offensive coaches in football. Good for him. Same coach made Kyle Orton and Matt Cassell look legit.

He’s still a borderline NFL talent.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop moving the goalposts. That is not my argument. If Wilson sucks and gets benched he has a better capacity to manage and win games, unlike our choices last year. Please show me where I said he's a starter level qb. He did start and play well for a similarly crappy Raiders team. Im betting Payton is a little better coach than Joshy is as well. Not to mention our new o line.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop moving the goalposts. That is not my argument. If Wilson sucks and gets benched he has a better capacity to manage and win games, unlike our choices last year. Please show me where I said he's a starter level qb. He did start and play well for a similarly crappy Raiders team. Im betting Payton is a little better coach than Joshy is as well. Not to mention our new o line.

If you think a guy can win games, you think he can start. Stidham has not proven that at any capacity at the NFL level. Maybe Payton could use him better than other NFL coaches can, but that doesn’t change the fact that when he’s been asked to play in the regular season, he’s been pretty awful.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think a guy can win games, you think he can start. Stidham has not proven that at any capacity at the NFL level. Maybe Payton could use him better than other NFL coaches can, but that doesn’t change the fact that when he’s been asked to play in the regular season, he’s been pretty awful.
No. Lol. I think a guy can "win games" is not an argument that he should start. It's an argument that he won't lose them. That he's at least good enough to Dilfer or Osweiler a good team to a win.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was one f only two QBs to put up 3 passing TDs against the 9ers last year.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That he's at least good enough to Dilfer or Osweiler a good team to a win.

Dilfer and Osweiler were starters. Borderline starters, but starters. No team would be stupid enough to make Stidham their QB1. Because he hasn’t ever proven he has NFL talent. He is at best a backup.

He isn’t a game manager. He doesn’t make teams competitive. At least he’s never proven that he can.

He's likely to get a shot at interim qb if Wilson stinks it up next year too, so at least we'll be competitive

A guy no team has ever given a shot to start, has never won a single NFL game, is, by your estimation, a QB that can keep us competitive. LOL.