• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Competitions and Other Position Battles

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Terrelle Pryor - QB - Raiders

The Contra Costa Times believes QB Terrelle Pryor could sew up the Raiders' starting job by "(showing) leadership and avoiding turnovers" in Thursday's preseason finale.

Most signs suggest the Raiders have already decided to go with Pryor over Matt Flynn, but perhaps he could lengthen his rope with a strong showing in hostile Seattle. Barring a Geno Smith-esque face-plant, Pryor should have the job on lockdown. Flynn's terrible preseason play and "sore arm" have seen to that.
Source: Contra Costa Times

Aug 28 - 7:22 PM

Terrelle Pryor - QB - Raiders

Raiders OC Greg Olson believes his scheme can "maximize" Terrelle Pryor's talents and "allow him to progress" as the season goes on.

Pryor is the favorite to start after outplaying Matt Flynn, and Olson's comments all but confirm Pryor getting the nod. The Raiders say they'll adjust their scheme to his strengths, rather than ask Pryor to run a traditional West Coast offense. "He’s got kind of a dual role," Olson said. "He’s going to be that athletic quarterback that we are going to ask to carry the football, but we need him to develop as a passer as well." Olson sounds genuinely excited about his scattershot new quarterback. "When you see Terrelle in a game, he just looks faster than the other players. That’s what jumped out at me. Right now, we’re looking for playmakers."
Source: CSN Bay Area

Aug 28 - 10:17 PM

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard someone on KNBR say that the 49ers probably would like to see McCoy not be the #2 guy for the latter half of the season because his salary calls for a 54,000 dollar bonus for every game he dresses for.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a USC alum, it hurts me to say this but our QBs can't do squat at the NFL level. Leinart didn't really have time to learn, but they do simplify the plays for new players to the system, right? I mean, he should have done better than this with all his experience: 3 for 10, 11 yards, and two INTs.

Matt Leinart released by Buffalo Bills

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills have released quarterback Matt Leinart, a person familiar with the move told The Associated Press.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the Bills have not announced the move.

Leinart, 30, joined the Bills on Sunday as an injury replacement. The former first-round pick struggled in his only preseason game with the Bills, completing 3 of 10 passes for 11 yards and two interceptions Thursday night against Detroit.

The move was the latest setback for Leinart, the 2004 Heisman Trophy winner. Leinart has been unable to establish himself in the NFL following a standout college career at Southern California. He has had stints with four teams over the past eight years.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno Smith likely to start Week 1

Mark Sanchez: "I feel like the only thing I did to lose my job was get a shoulder injury and throw too many interceptions and run into my OL's butt and fumbled too often and..." OK, we get it, Sanchez.