• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Purposely Not Scoring

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People more interested than me have already done a much more thorough job:

Screen-Shot-2016-03-25-at-10.43.23-PM.png
63c917be2438a7b575e94f69d826be8e.jpg

s-l500.png

That's cool but thinking maybe THIS regime gets the value of the QB position (you implied they don't). Did ya hear what they did in the offseason?

They also consider OT, DE and CB premium positions and why they used top picks and/or spent big money on elite talent at those positions.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK.... sure, it is common knowledge that the easiest way to control the clock is when you have the ball... But if you are absolutely confident in a win, is scoring really selfish?? sometimes hindsight blinds us from the obvious... if the Browns won that game, Hunt would have been the applauded for having such a huge game and the TD to close the game out....

I think we all would agree that him scoring was one of the many factors to why they lost... but to expect anything else from him is just being naive.
He had a similar situation in 2020 against Houston and chose to go OOB and not score.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a choice between having 3 kneel-downs to win or playing maybe 10 plays at full speed where you can get injuries. I'm still pissed at Joe Judge running a hurry-up offense against the Rams in 2021 down 5 TDs with 6 minutes to play. The Rams had a good player hurt in the last minute because of that BS. I'm normally pissed at those who recklessly put other people's health on the line just for their own personal glory.

Hunt had been in that situation before and he knew better. Maybe he had playoff ambitions before but he only has personal ambitions on this Browns team. Given the contract impass and refusal to trade him maybe I should have seen this coming.
Agree.....though we are talking about Chubb who scored. Not Hunt.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your missing the brisket. Also, technically so far Watson hasnt started for the Browns
The beauty of it is, by the time anyone notices, every shirt is wrong because it's missing 2-3 names.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool but thinking maybe THIS regime gets the value of the QB position (you implied they don't). Did ya hear what they did in the offseason?

They also consider OT, DE and CB premium positions and why they used top picks and/or spent big money on elite talent at those positions.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAH!!

Wait, you were serious? Did you mean the part where they went out and got the guy under imminent threat of missing most of a season for sexually assaulting a huge number of women, or the part where they signed him to the most expensive contract extension in history? Or, the part where he was suspended for 12 games and the team had to roll around with Jacoby Brissett because there wasn't any money left to sign anyone else?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAH!!

Wait, you were serious? Did you mean the part where they went out and got the guy under imminent threat of missing most of a season for sexually assaulting a huge number of women, or the part where they signed him to the most expensive contract extension in history? Or, the part where he was suspended for 12 games and the team had to roll around with Jacoby Brissett because there wasn't any money left to sign anyone else?
While you strike me as being among the money who wont own up to making factually incorrect statements and/or baseless opinions here goes.......

Yes, I was serious about them dealing for the guy in question who they acquired to have a franchise QB in his prime for half a decade.

"wasn't any money left to sign anyone else?" First, JB is playing kind of well this season, but where you are factually incorrect is the Browns have $38 million in cap space.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you strike me as being among the money who wont own up to making factually incorrect statements and/or baseless opinions here goes.......

Yes, I was serious about them dealing for the guy in question who they acquired to have a franchise QB in his prime for half a decade.

"wasn't any money left to sign anyone else?" First, JB is playing kind of well this season, but where you are factually incorrect is the Browns have $38 million in cap space.
Well, let's just skip the next 8 posts and jump straight into you betting on them winning the next Super Bowl. 3 month avatar bet?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's just skip the next 8 posts and jump straight into you betting on them winning the next Super Bowl. 3 month avatar bet?
Did you get help moving the goal posts? They are heavier than they look.

You have offered a few baseless opinions that are easily refuted by facts and also added a factually incorrect comment.

Never said I thought we'd win the Super Bowl this season.......you sure did move those goal posts far away from the discussion.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you get help moving the goal posts? They are heavier than they look.

You have offered a few baseless opinions that are easily refuted by facts and also added a factually incorrect comment.

Never said I thought we'd win the Super Bowl this season.......you sure did move those goal posts far away from the discussion.
7 posts to go! err... 6.

Browns are awesome, amazingly run franchise- they can't be stopped! Look at them rolling over all those tough opponents, and in a really tough division too!

Take the bet, dopey.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 posts to go! err... 6.

Browns are awesome, amazingly run franchise- they can't be stopped! Look at them rolling over all those tough opponents, and in a really tough division too!

Take the bet, dopey.
Or you could just own what a foolish comment is was to say the team with the most cap room didn't have any money to sign anyone other than Brissett? Or that they don't understand value of positions....unless you don't think QB, DE, OT, CB are among the most important positions?

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you could just own what a foolish comment is was to say the team with the most cap room didn't have any money to sign anyone other than Brissett? Or that they don't understand value of positions....unless you don't think QB, DE, OT, CB are among the most important positions?
Own your comments, c’mon. You’re so wet n’ horny for Deshaun Watson and note what a great player Brissett has been. So ignore two decades of mismanagement and make the bet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Own your comments, c’mon. You’re so wet n’ horny for Deshaun Watson and note what a great player Brissett has been. So ignore two decades of mismanagement and make the bet.

Just how far back can we go for this irrational of yours? It seems you are implying mistakes made by others up to 20 years ago reflects badly on the people in the job now. what about 30 years? 40? How about 70? Can we credit this regime for the work done by Paul Brown?

You said the team with the most cap space did not have cap room to make a move. I mean, you really did say that. Not made up. No goal post moving. You said it and didn't realize it was a factually incorrect comment. From me saying, "hey, pssst....you are wrong" you get "Browns will win the SB"?

I'll let ya get the last word. If making it up again may I ask you get more creative?

Ya gotta love this forum.

Last edited:

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just how far back can we go for this irrational of yours? It seems you are implying mistakes made by others up to 20 years ago reflects badly on the people in the job now. what about 30 years? 40? How about 70? Can we credit this regime for the work done by Paul Brown?

You said the team with the most cap space did not have cap room to make a move. I mean, you really did say that. Not made up. No goal post moving. You said it and didn't realize it was a factually incorrect comment. From me saying, "hey, pssst....you are wrong" you get "Browns will win the SB"?

I'll let ya get the last word. If making it up again may I ask you get more creative?

Ya gotta love this forum.
So… no bet?

Pussy. It must kill you that the better Ohio pro team is the Bengals too.