• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PSU coach search

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on the news PSU contacted Mike London before they fired Joe.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree but thats what they said. didnt say he responded or anything just they contacted him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd leave depending on the paper they showed me if I were Mike London. Once the dust settles from all this mess, it's still a valuable coaching position. Passionate fan base, alumni support (probably more willing to help out now to try to wash away the stain), and he can still recruit the same area (with more success).

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bud Foster might be a good fit at PSU. They'd be smart to at least consider him for the job.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bud Foster might be a good fit at PSU. They'd be smart to at least consider him for the job.

My dad and I talked about that today but we both agreed that PSU will likely need someone able to handle all the PR crap and experience to deal with the situation. Bud is the right football fit but might not be the right fit for the situation.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I honestly expect PSU to go for a big name with HC experience and most likely ties to the program/area.

IMO:

* AL Golden: Former PSU coach and player.
* Greg Schiano: former PSU coach.

Urban Meyer's name has been thrown around but that seems to be a long shot. I also wouldnt be surprised to hear names like Gary Patterson and Chris Peterson thrown out there. Just my opinion and i really dont have any thing to back it up but i feel like it will be one of the two *'s above.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly expect PSU to go for a big name with HC experience and most likely ties to the program/area.

IMO:

* AL Golden: Former PSU coach and player.
* Greg Schiano: former PSU coach.

Urban Meyer's name has been thrown around but that seems to be a long shot. I also wouldnt be surprised to hear names like Gary Patterson and Chris Peterson thrown out there. Just my opinion and i really dont have any thing to back it up but i feel like it will be one of the two *'s above.

Agree, I think either of these guys would be good hires and with the Big East crumbling I would bet my ass that Schiano wouldn't take a second to think about it if asked. Really wouldn't be surprised if his agent "quietly" contacted them. I think they need to make somewhat of a splash when hiring someone to try to minimize the losses. The football program will suffer but maybe not so much if they can get a good coach, with a good staff. I would be very surprised if Mike London was to jump ship at UVA.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm actually doubting that there was an actual dialogue between PSU and Mike London. London seems like a good guy, but I haven't seen anything out of him that makes sense for him upgrading to Penn State's level. Richmond was loaded when he got there, falling when he left. Virginia is looking up, but it's still to early to call. I just don't see Penn State taking a chance like this, unless they really believe the big names are a no go.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Al Golden or Schiano were in the program when the events transpired. I think Schiano would be a good hire for them, personally. They need a head coach with experience and the ability to handle this situation. It would be helpful to have a little experience at PSU. Schiano has that. I see what you are saying, though, 46. I could see them going a completely new direction in their attempt to completely get rid of this incident. Just think Schiano and Golden were far enough away from the incident when it happened.