• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pryor to appeal suspension

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy, here we go.

Terrelle Pryor - QB - Player

Supplemental draft prospect Terrelle Pryor has changed his mind and now plans to appeal his five-game NFL suspension.
The notion that Pryor's five-game ban would carryover from the NCAA to NFL is fairly ridiculous, so he should have a legit case. "[Roger Goodell] indicated that we have the right to appeal within three days after Terrelle signs an NFL contract," explained Pryor's attorney, David Cornwell. "I think it’s likely that we will file an appeal." It still probably won't help Pryor's supplemental draft stock. He's no better than a fifth-round prospect.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
Aug 19, 11:39 AM

mrmetoo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As he should. I'm not anti-Goodell by any means, but that was a BS suspension. Can't enforce the NCAAs rules in the NFL.

NinerFaitful

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As he should. I'm not anti-Goodell by any means, but that was a BS suspension. Can't enforce the NCAAs rules in the NFL.

I disagree. I think these kids need to be taught a lesson if they break the rules. I realize it was a NCAA rule but the nfl and sports in general is already full of divas who think the world owes them something.

Slap them aroung a bit and maybe they will learn to play by the rules like you and I have to do evey day.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if there gonna suspend Pryor, are they gonna suspend all the players including gore in the Miami situation. I highly doubt it, i know pryors situation is most recent but almost all the star players have been given some benefits during college. I see no need to suspend him for what happened in college. Guess rules are rules though.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently they can.

And high time they did.

About time those who committed the actual offenses are sanctioned rather than the ruined programs they leave behind.

Might actually be a real deterrent.

NinerFaitful

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So if there gonna suspend Pryor, are they gonna suspend all the players including gore in the Miami situation. I highly doubt it, i know pryors situation is most recent but almost all the star players have been given some benefits during college. I see no need to suspend him for what happened in college. Guess rules are rules though.

I understand your point, but you have to start somewhere. I realize you could go back and hammer everyone with suspensions but that would be unrealistic. I think this is more of a "From This Point Going Forward" suspension.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Geez, who would have thunk that Goodell would have stepped on the neck of a young, less popular black guy while letting a guy like Carroll breeze into the NFL last year. This is not like Goodell at all!

Oh, wait, this is what he does every time......nevermind.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, who would have thunk that Goodell would have stepped on the neck of a young, less popular black guy while letting a guy like Carroll breeze into the NFL last year. This is not like Goodell at all!

Oh, wait, this is what he does every time......nevermind.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrmetoo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Apparently they can.

And high time they did.

About time those who committed the actual offenses are sanctioned rather than the ruined programs they leave behind.

Might actually be a real deterrent.

Let's see if it holds up after the appeal process. I would be very shocked if it did. If their argument is he didn't follow the proper rules to enter the supplemental draft, then you don't allow him to enter the supplemental draft; you don't carry over a collegiate suspension.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For those of you who are arguing about why this new rule should be applied to passed incident, I would suggest you read up about "Ex Post Facto" and how it is prohibited by the US constitution

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Must be willing to pay a lot of law fees if he is going to battle the NFL, don't make the same mistake as Clarett SP!

uclabruin094

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No cowards in the NFL. This kid needs to learn a lesson and do his time

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on the reasons for the suspension. Here's a quote from an espn article.

""Pryor made decisions that undermine the integrity of the eligibility rules for the NFL draft," the league said Thursday. "Those actions included failing to cooperate with the NCAA and hiring an agent in violation of NCAA rules, which resulted in Ohio State declaring him ineligible to continue playing college football. "

Reading that it makes me think the NFL is trying to prevent college players who could be eligible from intentionally making themselves ineligible just to get into the supplemental draft, like Pryor did when he hired an agent.If Pryor was academically eligible then there was no reason for him to be in the supplemental draft unless the NCAA says he's ineligible for another reason. The NCAA could have looked into the situation at Ohio and ruled that Pryor was eligible but he didn't do anything to help the process. Instead he started preparing for the supplemental draft by hiring an agent.