• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Proud of this Warriors Team

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan excluded, I'm pretty sure the rest of you guys are proud of what this team accomplished, and what they will continue to accomplish in the years to come. God willing this team stays truly healthy and can be kept intact while adding a couple more pieces down the line, I like the direction where this team is headed and there will be brighter days ahead for this franchise.

Seeing guys such as Steph and Klay displaying their emotions on national television the way they did tends to lead to more success down the road. It was the same look Colin Kaepernick had when the 49ers went down to Baltimore in the SB, but that look of determination provides surreal fervor in reaching the ultimate goal.

I look forward to watching this team grow. From top to bottom, this organization hasn't had this kind of stability in over 30 years. Should be fun.

And thank you, GSW, and the fans (city, cam, heath, ray, clyde, msg, tzill, et al) for the thoughtful posts throughout the season.

:suds:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely proud of them. Exceeded expectations and played tough against the Spurs, one of the elite franchises. You're right, this team is very stable right now. We have a tremendous ownership group right.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im looking foward to more runs in the future. Question is. What di they do this offseason?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I was pleased with their run this season, just tired of Marc Jackson and his failure to prepare his team for situations in the game. I don't think I ever saw them run a set play in the entire Spurs series.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season was one of the most exciting, frustrating, and fun seasons to have been a fan. There were plenty of ups and downs throughout the season, but from the get go, the Warriors surpassed all my expectations as a team.

From the beginning of the year, I truly though Jackson had no clue how to run a basketball team. My opinion of that has changed completely and I'm excited to have him on board for years to come. Most notably, I was impressed by adjustments he made in the Denver and Spurs series that allowed the Warriors to play above their expectancy. That is the sign of great coaching.

With a full off-season to recover, I'm hoping Curry, Bogut and Lee are able to come back even better than they were this year (Bogut in particular). It was eye opening to see what a force Bogut can be if he's truly healthy. This off season I'm looking for Bogut to not only allow his ankle to heal, but he'll be able to actually get some court time and work on his offensive game.

The biggest revelation this playoffs has been Harrison Barnes. This kid can ball. After Curry, he's going to be our 2nd best player going forward. He's got that confidence now that he can play with the best in the league and that's going to go a long ways in his development. He's a true two-way player, and has the makings of a future all-star.

Klay had a good season. Draymond and Festus were great draft picks by Myers. Jack and Landry made outstanding contributions all year long.

It's sad to see the season end, but what a run these guys put together. It was a memorable season and can't wait for them to build on this for next year.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im looking foward to more runs in the future. Question is. What di they do this offseason?

The Warriors are pretty handcuffed for this upcoming off-season. They will already be above the cap with Curry's extension kicking in and David Lee's contract ascending. Carl Landry has an opt out clause, which I'm pretty sure he'll use to at least test the market and Jarrett Jack is an unrestricted free agent. I think Jack has pretty much priced himself out for the Warriors with his great play this year and in my opinion is as good as gone.

The Warriors also don't have any picks in the draft. Myers/Lacob may elect to purchase a 2nd rounder if they feel they can get a guy who can contribute right away (like Green or Ezeli).

Other than that the Warriors are going to have to rely on the progressions of each player on the roster. Brandon Rush will be coming back next year off his injury, which is a huge bonus. The Warriors will likely have to scour the market for a serviceable, yet inexpensive, back up PG to Curry.

3 things I'll definitely be looking at for the start of next year:

1) Rookie's development. Barnes can be a future all-star in this league. I can't wait to see him play next year with all the confidence he's gained in the playoffs. Green, I'm hoping he loses about 10 pounds to add more lateral quickness and definitely work on his outside shot. His outside shot has come a long ways since the beginning of the year and he's a hard worker. I see him being a very central piece to the Warriors next year. Ezeli surpassed all my expectations from the get-go. I'd like to see him work on his hands and develop maybe a baby hook or one go to move in the post. He doesn't have to be a scorer for us, so anything he can provide on that end would be a bonus. His defense is already solid.

2) Roster health. Bogut finally gets a full off-season where he doesn't have to worry about another surgery(hopefully). He'll be able to actually put some work in, in the gym and hopefully regain his form as a solid offensive post player. Curry will always have lingering ankle issues but as long as nothing major happens, I'm good with him playing 75 games a year. Lee and Rush will both be coming back from torn ligaments. If this team is at full health to begin next season that would be huge.

3) Coaching improvement. Just like the players, the coaching staff should always be looking to learn from experience and apply that towards the future. Their ability to come up with more ways to put their players in positions to get easier buckets. The coaches evolving defensive schemes to mask our inefficiencies. This will be huge as we definitely won't have all the same pieces as last year.

For the first time in a while, we have a core group of guys, that won't be going anywhere to build on.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad to see us finally relevant. We can purchase a first round pick and that will be a huge addition because this front office is excellent at identifying players in the draft. It will be interesting to see what happens with Jack/Landry/Bieds/RJ. Gonna be a fun off-season.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do they purchase a first round pick?

They can just pay cash straight up to acquire a draft pick. I believe the most a team is allowed to send in a trade like this is 3M. Obviously you wouldn't be able to purchase a pick in the top 20, but teams late in the 1st round or early second may be available. More times than not you'd easily be able to acquire a mid-second rounder.

The Warriors did this two years ago with Jeremy Tyler. Lacob sent 2M (if i recall) in order to purchase a 2nd rounder to grab Tyler.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see the team work a buy out at the very least for RJ and Bieds. Open up a little more space and make a run at Tyreke Evans instead of Jarret Jack. We need a G who can score at the rim.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan excluded, I'm pretty sure the rest of you guys are proud of what this team accomplished, and what they will continue to accomplish in the years to come. God willing this team stays truly healthy and can be kept intact while adding a couple more pieces down the line, I like the direction where this team is headed and there will be brighter days ahead for this franchise.

Seeing guys such as Steph and Klay displaying their emotions on national television the way they did tends to lead to more success down the road. It was the same look Colin Kaepernick had when the 49ers went down to Baltimore in the SB, but that look of determination provides surreal fervor in reaching the ultimate goal.

I look forward to watching this team grow. From top to bottom, this organization hasn't had this kind of stability in over 30 years. Should be fun.

And thank you, GSW, and the fans (city, cam, heath, ray, clyde, msg, tzill, et al) for the thoughtful posts throughout the season.

:suds:

Definitely proud of them. Exceeded expectations and played tough against the Spurs, one of the elite franchises. You're right, this team is very stable right now. We have a tremendous ownership group right.

This season was one of the most exciting, frustrating, and fun seasons to have been a fan. There were plenty of ups and downs throughout the season, but from the get go, the Warriors surpassed all my expectations as a team.

From the beginning of the year, I truly though Jackson had no clue how to run a basketball team. My opinion of that has changed completely and I'm excited to have him on board for years to come. Most notably, I was impressed by adjustments he made in the Denver and Spurs series that allowed the Warriors to play above their expectancy. That is the sign of great coaching.

With a full off-season to recover, I'm hoping Curry, Bogut and Lee are able to come back even better than they were this year (Bogut in particular). It was eye opening to see what a force Bogut can be if he's truly healthy. This off season I'm looking for Bogut to not only allow his ankle to heal, but he'll be able to actually get some court time and work on his offensive game.

The biggest revelation this playoffs has been Harrison Barnes. This kid can ball. After Curry, he's going to be our 2nd best player going forward. He's got that confidence now that he can play with the best in the league and that's going to go a long ways in his development. He's a true two-way player, and has the makings of a future all-star.

Klay had a good season. Draymond and Festus were great draft picks by Myers. Jack and Landry made outstanding contributions all year long.

It's sad to see the season end, but what a run these guys put together. It was a memorable season and can't wait for them to build on this for next year.

I'm glad to see us finally relevant. We can purchase a first round pick and that will be a huge addition because this front office is excellent at identifying players in the draft. It will be interesting to see what happens with Jack/Landry/Bieds/RJ. Gonna be a fun off-season.

Word. They might be able to swindle their way into the 25-40 range. However, in the college games I saw, I wasn't too impressed with anyone's perimeter defense (except flashes by Oladipo, who would be next to impossible to trade for). The especially talented bigs will be gone early. A defense-minded four off the bench would be good (an Udoh clone), but anyone like that would get snatched up by the late teens. It might be worth it, but I would be happier with "trying to keep the band together," so the younger players can continue to develop.

After the last Dubs playoff run, I made the mistake of supporting the break up because I thought it would build toward a championship-caliber team. As we all know, that was six years ago, and the team is finally back on the right track, now. Basically, I'm fine with a quiet off-season, but I'm excited for the possible deadline deals. If they can sever ties with one of the Big Useless Contract Holders (RJ or Beans), that will be a success. If a helpful 2014 FA doesn't emerge from the fold, both BUCHes better be gone by February, though.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see the team work a buy out at the very least for RJ and Bieds. Open up a little more space and make a run at Tyreke Evans instead of Jarret Jack. We need a G who can score at the rim.

Interesting idea. I like the buy low mentality, too. If he can accept a bench role, he could have a very nice Jordan Crawford/J.R. Smith type of career. That suits his strengths. The issue may lie with him believing he should have a Kobe/LeBron type of career. Be sure to send him x-rays of Curry's ankle with the offer. ;)

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I admit to not doing the NBA cap rules as well as many people here, but I thought it was the case that you can buy someone out but the value of their contract still counts against the cap? So we might be able to save us some money by buying either or both of them out, but that still doesn't save any cap space...or am I simply wrong in my understanding of the rules?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is Singletary all over again. Motivational speeches and rah rah nonsense wear thin quickly when it becomes apparent that a coach does not have the acumen to coach at this level. The only difference between jackson and Singletary is he doesn't wear that garrish cross around his neck like Singletary did.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Singletary all over again. Motivational speeches and rah rah nonsense wear thin quickly when it becomes apparent that a coach does not have the acumen to coach at this level. The only difference between jackson and Singletary is he doesn't wear that garrish cross around his neck like Singletary did.

Singletary never took the Niners to the playoffs, FYI. :2cents:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought that many Niners thought Singletary was a lot of hot air. He'd get you pumped up for the battle, but in short time players grew weary of his act.

I don't get that sense at all with Jackson and his players. The guy gets it. He loves his players and demands respect...and the players love him and respect him. I can nit-pick on some of his decisions this year, but the fact is the team overcame major injuries and inexperience and became the talk of basketball.

The team is moving in the right direction. Jackson is a big reason for that.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought that many Niners thought Singletary was a lot of hot air. He'd get you pumped up for the battle, but in short time players grew weary of his act.

I don't get that sense at all with Jackson and his players. The guy gets it. He loves his players and demands respect...and the players love him and respect him. I can nit-pick on some of his decisions this year, but the fact is the team overcame major injuries and inexperience and became the talk of basketball.

The team is moving in the right direction. Jackson is a big reason for that.

This. We've given the "new" front office their due. Part of their success was picking MJ. This off-season is a quiz, the trade deadline is an important midterm and next off-season is the big final exam. For the first time in two decades, I'm optimistic the franchise will make smart decisions, both presently and for the future.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the Kings, Cavs, Suns, etc would know what you mean?

What's funny is that the Warriors have made the playoffs 2 times in roughly 20 years or so and yet there's a claim that EVERYONE makes the playoffs.