• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Proud of this team.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the 3rd down keeper by Goff that sealed the game and focus on Heath. Pitiful

That’s one play. Heath has never turned down the chance to take someone’s head off. There are so many more plays in that game where we flat out sucked or made a mistake. Our front 7 got mauled in that game. Our DBs committed penalties and gave up chunks all night. Our offense had the ball 5 times in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and had 3 , three and outs,and never moved the ball over 40 yards in the other 2 drives. Still though, it’s Heaths fault and he is trash

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s one play. Heath has never turned down the chance to take someone’s head off. There are so many more plays in that game where we flat out sucked or made a mistake. Our front 7 got mauled in that game. Our DBs committed penalties and gave up chunks all night. Our offense had the ball 5 times in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and had 3 , three and outs,and never moved the ball over 40 yards in the other 2 drives. Still though, it’s Heaths fault and he is trash
I really like Heath. Great kid, great effort, great attitude. He's Bill Bates with less instincts. He should be on the Cowboys for years...as a special teams demon and 4th safety. We need to sign a legit starting safety. It's not all Heath. If Irving had a brain, and had gone balls out this season, we likely beat the Rams and he makes himself a TON of money. Instead, we need to draft a DT. I also think we should seriously look at licking Collins inside to guard, move Williams to RT, and use our 2nd or 3rd on the best OT on the board. Do that, get Fred back, and draft another WR and LB for depth and then tell me who has a better roster

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Heath. Great kid, great effort, great attitude. He's Bill Bates with less instincts. He should be on the Cowboys for years...as a special teams demon and 4th safety. We need to sign a legit starting safety. It's not all Heath. If Irving had a brain, and had gone balls out this season, we likely beat the Rams and he makes himself a TON of money. Instead, we need to draft a DT. I also think we should seriously look at licking Collins inside to guard, move Williams to RT, and use our 2nd or 3rd on the best OT on the board. Do that, get Fred back, and draft another WR and LB for depth and then tell me who has a better roster

The thing about Bill Bates that everyone forgets to mention in these comparisons with Heath... Bates wasn’t a starter. Heath shouldn’t be either. He would be ideal in a Bates role. In his current role, his pass coverage “skills” are exposed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. The hate for Heath kills me. He had 8 tackles.
And missed a lot of tackles lately :noidea:

He was much better this year because they used him more to his skill set. Why in the world they lined him up deep and had Jones near the line (other than when covering TEs on passing situations) made me question Rod and everyone else on that defense. BUT, he is still lost every time he lines up deep. Play him in the box, play him on early downs but he can't be on the field in the nickel unless he is playing a LB type spot

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real proud of this team.They never give up, that is for damn sure.

And it was interesting to see what actually beat us last night. The Cowboys have a real good defense, but only great play calling could make them look as bad as they did last night. (With great players mixed in of course)

This team is the team of tomorrow. I think Garrett is going to look in the mirror and realize that after 9 seasons, he is the coach of yesterday and step down.

Hmmm...While I was impressed with the formations, the blocking schemes and post snap OL movement as well as other players helping out...I think it was more like: Hey Cowboys we are going run this right up your ass. Try and stop us...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And missed a lot of tackles lately :noidea:

He was much better this year because they used him more to his skill set. Why in the world they lined him up deep and had Jones near the line (other than when covering TEs on passing situations) made me question Rod and everyone else on that defense. BUT, he is still lost every time he lines up deep. Play him in the box, play him on early downs but he can't be on the field in the nickel unless he is playing a LB type spot

I didn’t see him miss many tackles. No more than Woods or the other DBs. I did see him run down Barkley though and save that house call. Again he has his faults. He is a Cowboy though. Don’t call him trash. Just a typical response after a loss. If TWill would have played I’m sure he would have lined up wrong or something and somehow cost us 10 points.

My point is sometimes you just get fucking beat. It’s not because Garrett being safe or Linehan being conservative. It’s not about Heath missing a tackle or TWill running OB. The Rams are better.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t see him miss many tackles. No more than Woods or the other DBs. I did see him run down Barkley though and save that house call. Again he has his faults. He is a Cowboy though. Don’t call him trash. Just a typical response after a loss. If TWill would have played I’m sure he would have lined up wrong or something and somehow cost us 10 points.

My point is sometimes you just get fucking beat. It’s not because Garrett being safe or Linehan being conservative. It’s not about Heath missing a tackle or TWill running OB. The Rams are better.
Uhhh. Just for full disclosure. I am ok with anyone calling T-Rex trash! *Schmoop raises hand*

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...While I was impressed with the formations, the blocking schemes and post snap OL movement as well as other players helping out...I think it was more like: Hey Cowboys we are going run this right up your ass. Try and stop us...

Speaking of formations, why was our D formations so weird? It's like we were leaning one direction.

The Rams have a good scheme in blocking for the single cut run up the middle, but our LBs always seemed out of position to make the play after the cut because they were offset or something pre-snap.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All good points, but a different discussion entirely. Heath is just not good. He does some things at an average NFL level. You can say his ability to make plays at the goal line was timely very good this year but even though he made some big flashy stops down there he also had bad angles and missed guys down there in more standard situations where he just needed to step up and locate and make the tackle that ended in scores. He also had many times this year where he didn't wrap up. He's not the completely useless guy he was a couple years back but he is still a liability deep and very poor when he is supposed to recognize and get over to help out as things develop. He just can't be on the field in the nickel if we are going to play at our best. As a backup safety and a ST's guy I am all for him on this team, not everyone can be a good player as you fill out a roster. Woods looked as lost as him many times this year and got spun around deep but he is still a young kid who can and should improve and he also laid the wood a bunch of times. Woods can play either safety spot IMO. We don't necessarily need ET back there (although it would be great) but we need an upgrade and especially if our corners are going to be in bump and run where you are just going to stumble and get beat deep from time to time and need help.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh. Just for full disclosure. I am ok with anyone calling T-Rex trash! *Schmoop raises hand*
What T will did for us was block and that was very important. We now have Noah Brown for that who is younger, cheaper and bigger. No chance T Will is a Cowboy week 1 next year IMO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of formations, why was our D formations so weird? It's like we were leaning one direction.

The Rams have a good scheme in blocking for the single cut run up the middle, but our LBs always seemed out of position to make the play after the cut because they were offset or something pre-snap.
I'm sure it was based on watching film of the Rams tendencies in certain offensive formations. We seemed to have a lot of times where guys were moving late or unsure of where they were supposed to be that game.

IMO our LBs had a horrible game. VanDer Esch in particular just was not the same guy he was all year. Even when he made stops it seemed he was going backwards or way down field. I do think that was in large part due to the Rams getting blockers to the second level and sealing our LBs off, but that only half excuses it. You need to make plays. And on the play where Goff ended the game on the 10 yard run Lee let himself be neutralized by the receiver and it looked like 2 or 3 DBs right behind him as well and none of them stepped up to stop Goff. It's obviously a tough spot because if you commit to early he just tosses it to the open guy, but you need ot react earlier or at least not be behind the receiver like that. I didn't really watch any highlights or any part of the game again and didn't notice if D Law (or whoever was the DE on that play) crashed down and left the whole side open or not or if there was a reason no one stepped up, but someone needs to make a play there.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea, no question. There was a degree of the Cowboys being push around.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. The hate for Heath kills me. He had 8 tackles.
Brady James had a lot of tackles too...nevermind they were 8 to 10 yards down the field.

Heath should not start...he's a game plan waiting to happen and I think you know this

upgrade needed in a real bad way

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady James had a lot of tackles too...nevermind they were 8 to 10 yards down the field.

Heath should not start...he's a game plan waiting to happen and I think you know this

The point is we got beat. It wasnt because of Heath. It wasn’t because of Dak. It wasn’t the coaches. We got beat by a better team.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is we got beat. It wasnt because of Heath. It wasn’t because of Dak. It wasn’t the coaches. We got beat by a better team.
I agree...team effort
usually is....I've never been one to say it's one guy. I know full well it's a team game like no other in sports

BUT...the point remains...Heath is a game plan for DC's and needs to play special teams only ( like Bill Bates)

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That non-play on Goff by Heath was something he does far to often, and contibuted to our team on the couch this week. If Dallas is serious about improving this defense, he cannot start next year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone say we got beat because of Heath? I didn't see that and was certainly not inferring that. We couldn't stop the run. We lose that game with ET, Aaron Rodgers and Vince Lombardi on our sideline.