• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prospects Update

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks unable to sign Kevin Hayes, so we will get the 54th pick as compensation next year. Hayes did not accept the hawks "generous" offer and has become a free agent.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks unable to sign Kevin Hayes, so we will get the 54th pick as compensation next year. Hayes did not accept the hawks "generous" offer and has become a free agent.

Yep. Break a leg, Kevin. Literally.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I thought, 'What's wrong with this kid?' What first round hockey player would NOT want to end up on a playoff team like the Blackhawks?

Now I don' know his reasons, but the more I thought about it, the Hawks are deep in talent, especially at forward. The kid would be in Rockford for the better part of his career I'm guessing with an occasional shot at being called up for a time or two, to play a whole 4 shifts (if that).

Maybe this is how he sees the next several seasons? If I was a first round talent, it would be great to be associated with an organization like the Hawks, but I'd want to play - and not in the AHL. He may want to land on a NHL team with an immediate need for a young forward.

This is all speculation on my part.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I thought, 'What's wrong with this kid?' What first round hockey player would NOT want to end up on a playoff team like the Blackhawks?

Now I don' know his reasons, but the more I thought about it, the Hawks are deep in talent, especially at forward. The kid would be in Rockford for the better part of his career I'm guessing with an occasional shot at being called up for a time or two, to play a whole 4 shifts (if that).

Maybe this is how he sees the next several seasons? If I was a first round talent, it would be great to be associated with an organization like the Hawks, but I'd want to play - and not in the AHL. He may want to land on a NHL team with an immediate need for a young forward.

This is all speculation on my part.

Yeah, having to EARN playing time in the NHL is such a chore...those same teams that can offer immediate playing time can also offer early tee times on the golf course come playoff time. Glad to know his priorities are straight. Good riddance.

On a side note, I've read that the Hayes family wasn't particularly thrilled with the Hawks treatment of older brother Jimmy. But then again, just another case of having to earn your time if you want to play for a winner. Obviously the Hayes family is all about the I in team.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant blame him. We are all hoping the handcuffs the hawks put themselves in with Kane and Toews will force the stans to actually use our young talent, but somehow I think they find a way to almost be the miami heat of the past 4 years with vets that made their money latching on to to win the cup.

In all honesty, they most probably should not have even drafted the kid with the history with the family. I am sure they have signed a few swedes to take space in rockford.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayes signs with Rangers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackhawks top prospects according to HF...
#1 Teuvo Teravainen - C
#2 Nick Schmaltz - C
#3 Adam Clendening - D
#4 Ryan Hartman - RW
#5 Mark McNeil - RW
#6 Jeremy Morin - LW
#7 Klas Dahlbeck - D
#8 Phillip Danault - C
#9 Joakim Nordstrom - C
#10 Garrett Ross - LW

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an ad on ticketmaster this morning, Come see 2010 Chicago Blackhawk Brent Sopel and the chicago wolves.

Didnt see that one, at least he isnt blocking our D Men from getting minutes in Rockford.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, Brent Sopel. With that greasy hair flowing from his brain bucket, he looked like a serial killer on skates.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would really look good on the point of our poor powerplay unit.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks, prospect Paliotta negotiating contract - Chicago Blackhawks Blog - ESPN Chicago
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bla.../hawks-prospect-paliotta-negotiating-contract
“The Blackhawks are obviously a great organization,” Paliotta said in January. “They have a lot of depth. That’s what makes them successful. They’ve obviously developed a ton of great players. That’s exciting. ... Anywhere you go, it’s going to be challenging. You’re going to have to beat out guys. I’m excited to get my pro career going.

So he's sitting back instead of getting on the ice with Rockford. Maybe he didn't think about it, but I'm skeptical of that. Icehogs on the way to the postseason too.

“We’ve had conversations,” said Paliotta’s agent Jordan Neumann of Edge Sports Management. “I think everything is progressing. We’re listening to everything the Blackhawks say, and Michael and his family are giving signing with the Blackhawks a tremendous amount of thought.”

That sounds really familiar to last summer. I hope my mind is just jumping the gun. I didn't jump off the ledge about Hayes, thought there might have been a chance until after FA started. I'm not so positive this time but with so much roster turnover coming up compared to last summer, circumstances could change considerably and quickly if they can get him ice time.

I hope he signs soon.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Hayes showed there is more NHL ice time elsewhere and I have been impressed with what I saw against the hawks. His brother is up or down, Pirri, up or down, Morin, mostly down, but they are not surrounded by such great players to learn from.
Saad and TVR showed that if you are good enough, make a good enough impression, that you can be a top guy on this team and stick. So its not impossible if you are confident in your abilities.

Next year we are going into the season with Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Bickell Teuvo and Shaw. Krueger, Nordstrom and Saad are restricted. Saad deserves between shaw and bickell, probably closer to bickell. So pretty much think they will make deals with the three, giving us 10/12 forwards. 5 more RFA's in the system, already in cap trouble, a 550k guy might beat out a 925k guy just because of that.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree about a 925K guy losing to a league min type. That's all part of the juggling act they have to do when picking among the RHDs like Johns and/or Paliotta (assuming that even makes a difference in the decision making).

Tough to say what type of bridge Saad signs, so I have a tough time speculating on the cap hit until we see how the rest of the roster shakes out.

I think there's a very good chance Nordstrom takes Kruger's spot, mostly because of cost obviously. Kruger is due for a big enough raise that it will sting a bit.