• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Props To Tyronne Lue As A Head Coach

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am impressed because Tryonne Lue up til this last month or so has never been a head coach. He may have had it easy, but he has still handled everything well. If they get to the finals -then their only question is can they beat the Warriors or the Spurs depending on who wins that one

He made Lebron accountable and earned his respect as an assistant.

After that, everyone else fell in line.

They could smell the fear on Blatt.....hell, it was written all over his face.

The battle was lost from day one.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

when JR Smith SPECIFICALLY says Lue doesnt "shake" i nthe huddle while drawing up a play...i mean...yah...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lue as a rookie played for Phil Jackson and was led by Shaq and Kobe - That was his training from day one in the NBA and it had to have been brutal - but it made a man out of him

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am like Judge Joe Brown in my church - I tell the young men to grow up and man up and I tell the women that if their husband hits them, to put that dude in jail. No two ways about it. Then I teach them about the old southern tradition - the women used to keep a pot of hot grits on the stove and it went straight into the guys face if he tried something

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is certainly clicking on all cylinders. Not sure how much of that is Lue though.

I think Lue deserves all the credit for this.

I have been most vocal against the Cavs all season. It was never about their talent, always the utter lack of chemistry. Lue has completely changed that over the last 2 months. They actually look like they are enjoying playing together, which is crazy considering where they were even 6 weeks ago. This is a completely different team, and I have never witnessed a turnaround like this.

That said, I still think it is insane that some of the talking heads are going on record and declaring the Cavs the favorites to win it all now. They played 8 games against teams that never had a chance. Meanwhile, Golden State is 7-2 playing mostly without Curry. Cleveland still needs work defensively and their current run does not trump what GS has accomplished the last 12 months. I think it does put them close to being on par with San Antonio, however.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great post. to me- the LeBron accountable thing and the ball movement are just SO important.

If I were to add one thing it would be more trust for his bench. We saw Blatt consistently play only 7 or 8 guys in the playoffs AND regular season. to see Lue use the depth on his bench like that is important- while he might not play more guys on any single night- it seems guys know their roles and Lue uses matchups and his benches skills better.

I mean- Gilbert didnt have to take Frye back- and he couldve saved like 30 million dollars if they just dealt Varejao and got nothing back--- instead he took Frye- a guy who had barely been playing for a bad Orlando Magic team.

What has Frye done? Given the Cavs another respectable big man, and another great 3 pt shooter. Unlike other teams (cough cough- Miami) left in the playoffs- Gilbert doesnt flinch away from paying for a talented bench.

Frye started most of the games he played this year for that bad Orlando team and the Warriors for one were trying to get him also, among other contenders. Let's not make this out to be like Gilbert found a gem nobody else wanted. Frye's addition to this team was huge.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lue deserves all the credit for this.

I have been most vocal against the Cavs all season. It was never about their talent, always the utter lack of chemistry. Lue has completely changed that over the last 2 months. They actually look like they are enjoying playing together, which is crazy considering where they were even 6 weeks ago. This is a completely different team, and I have never witnessed a turnaround like this.

That said, I still think it is insane that some of the talking heads are going on record and declaring the Cavs the favorites to win it all now. They played 8 games against teams that never had a chance. Meanwhile, Golden State is 7-2 playing mostly without Curry. Cleveland still needs work defensively and their current run does not trump what GS has accomplished the last 12 months. I think it does put them close to being on par with San Antonio, however.
For me what Lue has done is impressive because he has no prior experience as head coach and he seemed to have stepped in and was quite natural and good about it. The Warriors are pretty good though and Curry came off the bench and set a record in overtime - He scored more points alone overtime then any group of players have ever scored in an overtime.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me what Lue has done is impressive because he has no prior experience as head coach and he seemed to have stepped in and was quite natural and good about it. The Warriors are pretty good though and Curry came off the bench and set a record in overtime - He scored more points alone overtime then any group of players have ever scored in an overtime.

Curry was amazing, but no way that stay is accurate. I have seen teams score 20+ before. Last minute FTs can really pad those numbers and Curry scored most of his from the field. Might be an individual record though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry was amazing, but no way that stay is accurate. I have seen teams score 20+ before. Last minute FTs can really pad those numbers and Curry scored most of his from the field. Might be an individual record though.

That STAT, I mean of course.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, just looked it up:

Playoff record for a team is 22 by the Lakers.

25 is the record for regular season. Curry does hold he individual record though. He beat Gilbert Arenas' 16.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The smartest decision Lue made as a head coach was stepping aside and letting LeBron run the show.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of Course Cleveland has yet to play a team that is worth anything.

LeBron and Co will get outcoached in the Finals vs SA or GS. Cleveland, although extremely talented and good, have benefited from a weak Eastern Conference.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't forget.

So basically you're giving your own team credit for a potential Cavs title. I see where this is going.:lame:

Just like the good 'ole CBS days when you wanted the ho-hum 50-win Celtics in the finals as opposed to the 62-win Cavs.:L

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of Course Cleveland has yet to play a team that is worth anything.

LeBron and Co will get outcoached in the Finals vs SA or GS. Cleveland, although extremely talented and good, have benefited from a weak Eastern Conference.

I didn't think they would have it this easy, to be honest with you. I thought Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love would take their Playoff lumps, and that both Detroit and Atlanta would take them to six.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to LeBron on getting the coach he finally wanted. Now win the NBA Finals then I will be impressed with the Cavs and coach Lue or I mean coach James. That's where I stand. Nothing they have done so far has impressed me. They won both series very easily in which I thought they would. James I mean Lue is doing a good job coaching the team. GL to Lue and the Cavs in the NBA Finals. Never know they may win it all but they will have there first and only competition in the NBA Finals. Peace.

That is the main difference with Lue. James respects him and will listen to him..for some reason. And I think it is benefiting him and the team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think they would have it this easy, to be honest with you. I thought Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love would take their Playoff lumps, and that both Detroit and Atlanta would take them to six.
I think Kyrie, especially, has been really good.

His mindset really seemed to change those last couple regular season games where he was getting a little frustrated with his shot. That seemed to refocus him and get him ready.

He really has done a great job of taking the pressure off LeBron.

The Cavs are 8-0 and LeBron has not scored 30 in a game ONCE....his high is 27 for the postseason...tell me if u saw that coming.