• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Props To Tyronne Lue As A Head Coach

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a player he was kind of a loser, but as a head coach I like what he has done from day one. He first put his vision out there for the team and made it clear that he was going to hold them accountable. He demanded consistency, hard work and used a system that made it easy for them to play and compete while getting ready for the playoffs. To top this all off, I like his reaction to what Charles Barkley said when suggesting that one of the Hawks "take a player out for keeping the score out. He made clear that the NBA shouldn't be penalizing teams for playing well and instead they should encouraging the other team to play better ball as professionals. Lue didn't lash out at Barkley, or slam him, but he was straight and professional. If Cleveland does not pick him up, for next year they will be making a mistake

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything less than an NBA title is a failure.

Not hating, just speaking the truth.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is certainly clicking on all cylinders. Not sure how much of that is Lue though.
I agree there playing well but they haven't played a real team yet. Yes you play who is in front of ya but if they win it all then I'll be impressed. There not doing anything so far that wasn't expected of them. Peace.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree there playing well but they haven't played a real team yet. Yes you play who is in front of ya but if they win it all then I'll be impressed. There not doing anything so far that wasn't expected of them. Peace.
Good point, but 8 straight wins to start the postseason is impressive nonetheless.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I guess but I'm not impressed and I'm sure others aren't.
Okay then. They literally just won 8 straight games against playoff teams. If they did that in the regular season people would be going nuts. I know the east isn't exactly full of juggernauts but 8 in a row is still 8 in a row. Have some perspective.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, but 8 straight wins to start the postseason is impressive nonetheless.
I am impressed because Tryonne Lue up til this last month or so has never been a head coach. He may have had it easy, but he has still handled everything well. If they get to the finals -then their only question is can they beat the Warriors or the Spurs depending on who wins that one

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am impressed because Tryonne Lue up til this last month or so has never been a head coach. He may have had it easy, but he has still handled everything well. If they get to the finals -then their only question is can they beat the Warriors or the Spurs depending on who wins that one
Congrats to LeBron on getting the coach he finally wanted. Now win the NBA Finals then I will be impressed with the Cavs and coach Lue or I mean coach James. That's where I stand. Nothing they have done so far has impressed me. They won both series very easily in which I thought they would. James I mean Lue is doing a good job coaching the team. GL to Lue and the Cavs in the NBA Finals. Never know they may win it all but they will have there first and only competition in the NBA Finals. Peace.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to LeBron on getting the coach he finally wanted. Now win the NBA Finals then I will be impressed with the Cavs and coach Lue or I mean coach James. That's where I stand. Nothing they have done so far has impressed me. They won both series very easily in which I thought they would. James I mean Lue is doing a good job coaching the team. GL to Lue and the Cavs in the NBA Finals. Never know they may win it all but they will have there first and only competition in the NBA Finals. Peace.
I can only hope that Lebron gets his ass kicked :lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue has had some really outstanding out-of-bounds plays....he is the first coach that i have ever seen LeBron actually support...he has improved the Cavs ball movement tremendously.

I dont see anyone arguing that they should have kept Blatt anymore.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue has had some really outstanding out-of-bounds plays....he is the first coach that i have ever seen LeBron actually support...he has improved the Cavs ball movement tremendously.

I dont see anyone arguing that they should have kept Blatt anymore.
He's been a good coach so far - He took charge and he took the team a different direction then what Blatt was going. Up to this point so far, I think he has been a better coach then Blatt

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been a really good coach, a team like that you need someone to keep them focused. Lue has done that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of the playoffs will likely define Lue's general perception this year more so than anything that's happened yet... BUT I completely agree.

From my limited perspective as a fan...
  • The players seem much happier and at ease (This was the main reason Griffin cited for firing Blatt)
  • Lue is holding LeBron accountable... no more special rules for LeBron... Lue is as willing to call out LeBron for a defensive lapse as he is Jordan McRae.
  • Ball movement / player movement is 10x better. This has been very consistent for the last 20 games or so including playoffs.
  • Kevin Love is getting the ball on the block consistently

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of the playoffs will likely define Lue's general perception this year more so than anything that's happened yet... BUT I completely agree.

From my limited perspective as a fan...
  • The players seem much happier and at ease (This was the main reason Griffin cited for firing Blatt)
  • Lue is holding LeBron accountable... no more special rules for LeBron... Lue is as willing to call out LeBron for a defensive lapse as he is Jordan McRae.
  • Ball movement / player movement is 10x better. This has been very consistent for the last 20 games or so including playoffs.
  • Kevin Love is getting the ball on the block consistently
great post. to me- the LeBron accountable thing and the ball movement are just SO important.

If I were to add one thing it would be more trust for his bench. We saw Blatt consistently play only 7 or 8 guys in the playoffs AND regular season. to see Lue use the depth on his bench like that is important- while he might not play more guys on any single night- it seems guys know their roles and Lue uses matchups and his benches skills better.

I mean- Gilbert didnt have to take Frye back- and he couldve saved like 30 million dollars if they just dealt Varejao and got nothing back--- instead he took Frye- a guy who had barely been playing for a bad Orlando Magic team.

What has Frye done? Given the Cavs another respectable big man, and another great 3 pt shooter. Unlike other teams (cough cough- Miami) left in the playoffs- Gilbert doesnt flinch away from paying for a talented bench.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a player he was kind of a loser, but as a head coach I like what he has done from day one. He first put his vision out there for the team and made it clear that he was going to hold them accountable. He demanded consistency, hard work and used a system that made it easy for them to play and compete while getting ready for the playoffs. To top this all off, I like his reaction to what Charles Barkley said when suggesting that one of the Hawks "take a player out for keeping the score out. He made clear that the NBA shouldn't be penalizing teams for playing well and instead they should encouraging the other team to play better ball as professionals. Lue didn't lash out at Barkley, or slam him, but he was straight and professional. If Cleveland does not pick him up, for next year they will be making a mistake

He signed a five-year deal immediately after Blatt was let go.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed a five-year deal immediately after Blatt was let go.

That was mis-reported back when Blatt was fired.

As of today... he is still under his assistant contract (which was tops in the league). He and the Cavs have a verbal agreement in place on a 3-year deal but that won't be officially signed until the summer.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't yall ever forget, that Lue was a Laker!