• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Props to Golden Tate...........

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was added to the Pro Bowl roster. Very well deserved recognition. I complained when the Lions spent big money to bring him in, but if he plays anywhere near the level he did this year -- we got a bargain on that deal. I have zero problem saying I was dead wrong and that was a tremendous signing.

Amazing hands and tremendous after the catch. The Lions would have been lost if he weren't on the team this year, when Calvin missed multiple games.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are multiple posters that need to post here and admit the were wrong with a lot of tate hate last offseason. He was the offense this year and like I said when they signed him, amazing acquisition, perfect for his offense, extremely talented and just hitting his prime.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ND homer need not post here....but I will anyway. ;)

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are multiple posters that need to post here and admit the were wrong with a lot of tate hate last offseason.

I've already "ate crow" on this one. I didn't like the signing for 2 reasons: he wasn't good, and we didn't need to spend $ on a WR going into a WR heavy draft. I'll admit, I was wrong that Tate wasn't good. $6 mil per year is great value. I still think, even looking back it was a bad signing, though.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already "ate crow" on this one. I didn't like the signing for 2 reasons: he wasn't good, and we didn't need to spend $ on a WR going into a WR heavy draft. I'll admit, I was wrong that Tate wasn't good. $6 mil per year is great value. I still think, even looking back it was a bad signing, though.

:wtf:

Did you miss this season entirely?

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

Did you miss this season entirely?

Nope. Watched every play. How did you conclude that I missed the season from me saying:

"$6 mil per year is great value. I still think, even looking back it was a bad signing, though."

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I'm at a loss on how his contract can be a great value, he was top ten in the league in receiving yards and receptions, and yet it was a bad signing? That just isn't adding up for me...

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$6 million a year that we didn't have, when the draft was strong at WR. I would've preferred going into the draft needing a #2 WR.

Its like people are happy with the signing Tate, and unhappy we passed on OBJ. I said from the beginning it wasn't happen. Tates acquisition eliminated the chances we were going to draft OBJ.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we were drafting OBJ with, or without Tate, unfortunately.

And what do you mean $6 million a year we didn't have? We didn't have to borrow it from a loan shark, or something like that. We were salary cap compliant last year, so, imo, we had the $$. We didn't pass on some other sure-fire stud in free agency to sign Tate, to my knowledge anyhow.

Signing Tate to the deal we got him for should be on the positive side of Mayhew's career ledger, not the negative...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hear any talk of OBJ at 10

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ate a couple bites of that bird with Stafford on about seven games.

Tate I was for from the get go... Right on that one. I just don't feel the need to toot my horn like some do.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we were drafting OBJ with, or without Tate, unfortunately.

And what do you mean $6 million a year we didn't have? We didn't have to borrow it from a loan shark, or something like that. We were salary cap compliant last year, so, imo, we had the $$. We didn't pass on some other sure-fire stud in free agency to sign Tate, to my knowledge anyhow.

Signing Tate to the deal we got him for should be on the positive side of Mayhew's career ledger, not the negative...

We had been going on years of having to restructure contracts to make room. And currently, we may have to do the same this year, and/or lose key players. Part of that is because we spent $6 mil a year on Tate. I admit, he's better than I gave him credit for. But we were heading into a draft highly touted as one of the stronger WR classes. OBJ hype was picking up closer to the draft, as more projections had him going in, or close to, the top 10. Mel Kiper had him going to Detroit at one point which was a spark for conversation. I won't lie, I wanted Evans and was disappointed when TB took him.

But I would have liked OBJ had we not had Tate. Like I said, "looking back Tate was a bad signing" meaning having OBJ, with no Tate/Ebron and $6 extra million each year was more ideal. Do you disagree?

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we took Error Ewrong and now have to live with it.

He wears the jersey so we root for him. Talking about Donald, OBJ, and well, pretty much almost every other pick in the first round doesn't change anything. It just continues to solidify the legacy of Millenhew as a comic joke.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ate a couple bites of that bird with Stafford on about seven games.

Tate I was for from the get go... Right on that one. I just don't feel the need to toot my horn like some do.

People shouldnt have to toot their horn except for the fact that there were several here that vehemently hated the signing and most just stopped posting the tate hate instead of cowboyying up and admitting they were dead wrong.

Lp, I agree....I dont remember a peep about ANYBODY here talking odell up pre draft. A lot of the other two guys though, no odell.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had been going on years of having to restructure contracts to make room. And currently, we may have to do the same this year, and/or lose key players. Part of that is because we spent $6 mil a year on Tate. I admit, he's better than I gave him credit for. But we were heading into a draft highly touted as one of the stronger WR classes. OBJ hype was picking up closer to the draft, as more projections had him going in, or close to, the top 10. Mel Kiper had him going to Detroit at one point which was a spark for conversation. I won't lie, I wanted Evans and was disappointed when TB took him.

But I would have liked OBJ had we not had Tate. Like I said, "looking back Tate was a bad signing" meaning having OBJ, with no Tate/Ebron and $6 extra million each year was more ideal. Do you disagree?

I think the problem here is ebron, lol.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good on you, I didnt see it. Not sure how you ate crow and then still indicate how you think it was a bad signing though when it clearly has been their best FA acquisition in forever.