• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Projecting: Leonys Martin

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I might note, that I think it is fun to try to make projections but I have a scientific education which disables me from being able to just throw some numbers out there that I would label a projection based on limited data. However I can post what I hope he does. Honestly, I hope he shocks us all and I think he has the ability to and put up these sort of numbers.

BA: .290
OBP: .350
HR: 17
RBI: 75
2B:31
3B:3

I'm not even going to try WAR or anything because even with my scientific background I really still have no idea how it works or even if it measures what it intends too. I do agree that players you generally expect to be near the top in this category are though.

wow thats pretty optimistic

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key aspect to me for Martin will be plate discipline and eye at the plate. If he greatly improves in that area then I think he'll surprise all of us and he'll make this lineup even more deadly. If he looks like what he was last season then he will struggle all season. I'm not going to project numbers but admittedly I'm lazy to do that right now.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key aspect to me for Martin will be plate discipline and eye at the plate. If he greatly improves in that area then I think he'll surprise all of us and he'll make this lineup even more deadly. If he looks like what he was last season then he will struggle all season. I'm not going to project numbers but admittedly I'm lazy to do that right now.

His pitch recognition is lacking which is why a ball can almost hit him and he will swing at it. I hope he is able to figure it out or it will be ugly.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I might note, that I think it is fun to try to make projections but I have a scientific education which disables me from being able to just throw some numbers out there that I would label a projection based on limited data. However I can post what I hope he does. Honestly, I hope he shocks us all and I think he has the ability to and put up these sort of numbers.

I'm not even going to try WAR or anything because even with my scientific background I really still have no idea how it works or even if it measures what it intends too. I do agree that players you generally expect to be near the top in this category are though.

I hope you are right as that would be awesome but I am not holding my breath. For some reason I am not feeling too optimistic on what he will do. If he could at least lay off of the bad pitches and take more walks with his speed that would be a big plus even if his average is down. But I am not even sure he can do that.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Dude -- do you see those numbers coming from #9 or #7?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude -- do you see those numbers coming from #9 or #7?

Honestly, I don't see those numbers... I just hope for them. I think if he manages to find a way to put that up you have to consider putting him at 7 or even 6 in the lineup even with his speed.