• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pro Bowl

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not watch the game but looking at the stats I'm wondering why Cam Newton was even in this game. How did that guy get in over Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, Tony Romo, and Alex Smith. I would say any of those 4 were more deserving either from stats stand point or how far they took their teams, and I'm pretty sure any of them could have done better than 9/27 2TD 3NT 43.7 QB rating. I can't believe I'm saying this but it looks like Cam was in over his head.

And just to rub it in even more on him.

Andy Lee 1/1 100.0 QB rating. Our 3rd string QB was on the active roster after all :lol:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aj green was the best rookie this season. newton got stats by chucking the ball to some talented guys. but everyone had a boner for newton this year

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe i missed something, but why didn't Stafford replace Eli? Cam looked absolutely terrible. The pass rushers weren't playing as hard as they should have, but he just didn't seem to have the vision out there today.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe i missed something, but why didn't Stafford replace Eli? Cam looked absolutely terrible. The pass rushers weren't playing as hard as they should have, but he just didn't seem to have the vision out there today.

Not really sure why. But I am assuming he got more votes

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's the explanation: Vince Young made the Probowl his rookie year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just for the record, I'm not at all ok with our pro bowl punter risking injury executing a fake punt in the pro bowl.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ok we have our players playing in the pro bowl when they should've been preparing for the Super Bowl...

yeah I'm still venting!

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it was a tough lost for all of us!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't recall ever wanted to cry after a football game but i almost had tears in my eyes when kyle williams fumble in Overtime!!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a tough lost for all of us!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't recall ever wanted to cry after a football game but i almost had tears in my eyes when kyle williams fumble in Overtime!!

the only reason i didn't was cuz the room was filled with non-niners fans.... it would've gotten ugly.

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pro bowl is about people voting in there favorite player it should be base on stats...The pro bowl should be played like this...

Sean Taylor LEVELS a punter - YouTube i miss sean taylor!! rip

Yeah, the guy was playing with intensity... but I don't think the ProBowl should be played that way. To be honest they should just get rid of it, turn it into a skills competition, or a 7 on 7 game. As it is they rarely run the ball and the guys on defense barely try. It's not like other sports, the risk of injury is too great for a game that means nothing.

I agree that it should be based on stats and not popularity too.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't believe Stafford wasn't the replacement. What more does the guy have to do? In 95% of any other year in football the guy would have been the NFL MVP.

The NFC is going to be tough to get into the ProBowl though. You got Rodgers and Brees who will most likely be there every year. Then you got Manning and even Romo puts up numbers. Cam Newton already made it and is going to get better. Stafford is looking to become top level soon. Matt Ryan is a pretty good QB. Vick puts up some big numbers. Man, the list goes on and on. The NFC has much better QBs than the AFC right now.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can't remember the last time I watched this game....but I turned it on yesterday, WOW. I figured it would be half-assed, and it wasn't even half as assed as I'd thought....it was really like quarter-assed. Even booing fans couldn't shame most of them into effort. Crazy, why would anyone watch this stuff?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't remember the last time I watched this game....but I turned it on yesterday, WOW. I figured it would be half-assed, and it wasn't even half as assed as I'd thought....it was really like quarter-assed. Even booing fans couldn't shame most of them into effort. Crazy, why would anyone watch this stuff?

I could only give it 1/5 of an ass. I've been saying for years they should make the All-Pro Awards a ceremony or something, anything other than a game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
unfortunately, it needs to be a game for money purposes. it can't stand alone in its own City (especially Honolulu) without the game. but isn't the NFL now planning to have it in the same City as the Superbowl?

most players say they won't participate if its not in Honolulu, so tough situation? maybe it'll just end no matter - too boring a game in Honolulu, or not enough marquee players in the SB City?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pro Bowl draws 12.5 million viewers | ProFootballTalk

To put that in perspective, the 2011 Major League Baseball All-Star game had 11 million viewers. Baseball’s All-Star game is usually treated as a great sporting tradition while the Pro Bowl is usually treated like a second-rate game of flag football, but in the end, more people watch football. At this point, the NFL isn’t capable of drawing anything other than strong TV ratings.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Pro Bowl draws 12.5 million viewers | ProFootballTalk

To put that in perspective, the 2011 Major League Baseball All-Star game had 11 million viewers. Baseball’s All-Star game is usually treated as a great sporting tradition while the Pro Bowl is usually treated like a second-rate game of flag football, but in the end, more people watch football. At this point, the NFL isn’t capable of drawing anything other than strong TV ratings.

12.5 million couch potatoes. Sad.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
unfortunately, it needs to be a game for money purposes. it can't stand alone in its own City (especially Honolulu) without the game. but isn't the NFL now planning to have it in the same City as the Superbowl?

most players say they won't participate if its not in Honolulu, so tough situation? maybe it'll just end no matter - too boring a game in Honolulu, or not enough marquee players in the SB City?

And you are absolutely right, and I do get that but when you watch the game, one wonders; okay, I wonder, why bother...But as Pozz posted above the damn thing had 12.5 million viewers. Just Crazy!

Did you go?

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Pretty pathetic to watch the OLs & DLs playing patty-cake with each other. Heartbreaking to see guys like Willis and Lewis with their non-stop motors basically mailing it in on most plays when I'm used to see them giving 110%. Still heartwarming to catch the pass by Andy Lee on the fake punt (he can pass a lot better than Brees can kick) and two successful onside kicks by Akers.