• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pro Bowl Farce

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Saturday actually switched teams in the middle of the game so that he could snap to Peyton Manning one last time. That has got to be the final straw for this farce of a game, doesn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Say what you want, but the players enjoy it and the ratings are decent enough.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want, but the players enjoy it and the ratings are decent enough.

Did you notice all the red seats during the highlights this morning? If you watched that last night, I pity you. Your life must really suck.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Goodell threatening to kill this if players didn't take it seriously? Fox laughing on the sidelines late in the game after a turnover says they weren't taking it seriously.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no problem with Saturday and Manning doing what they did..... its Pro Bowl, nothing matters...

but for two long time teammates(and friends im sure) it was a good thing to see.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't watch it at all. Ratings are in a decline, but still good enough as far as the NFL is concerned.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no problem with Saturday and Manning doing what they did..... its Pro Bowl, nothing matters...

but for two long time teammates(and friends im sure) it was a good thing to see.

I don't know, for me it just goes against the spirit of competition. Its unseemly to me. I thought I had seen everything as far as the pro Bowl is concerned but I was wrong.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch it at all. Ratings are in a decline, but still good enough as far as the NFL is concerned.

OK. And I hope you know I was only joking about the "your life must suck" crack.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Goodell threatening to kill this if players didn't take it seriously? Fox laughing on the sidelines late in the game after a turnover says they weren't taking it seriously.

Yep, but that shouldn't bother you; not if that little number in our avatar resides in your home. I don't think I'd ever watch TV.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Saturday actually switched teams in the middle of the game so that he could snap to Peyton Manning one last time. That has got to be the final straw for this farce of a game, doesn't it?

I would like to see the NFL to expand their season, team, coaches and player, awards, and put on a 2-hour Oscar or Grammy style awards ceremony in place of the Pro-Bowl. I think it would compete easily on any evenings 9-11pm time slot; after-all, the NFL is one of the most watched sporting/entertainment events on American television.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the NFL to expand their season, team, coaches and player, awards, and put on a 2-hour Oscar or Grammy style awards ceremony in place of the Pro-Bowl. I think it would compete easily on any evenings 9-11pm time slot; after-all, the NFL is one of the most watched sporting/entertainment events on American television.

Ok, but I still wouldn't watch it if I lived in Fordman84's house.

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a huge waste of time. I think players shouldn't get to decline an invitation unless they are seriously injured or playing in the Super Bowl.

Kick in the teeth for players to not attend.

I would rather them dump the whole thing

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a huge waste of time. I think players shouldn't get to decline an invitation unless they are seriously injured or playing in the Super Bowl.

Kick in the teeth for players to not attend.

I would rather them dump the whole thing

Does that include your pride being seriously injured by discount double choking the last two years in the Playoffs? cough... Raaaaadghers

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, for me it just goes against the spirit of competition. Its unseemly to me. I thought I had seen everything as far as the pro Bowl is concerned but I was wrong.

i get what you're saying and that just goes to show how much stock I have in the pro bowl. It's just worthless... there's no real point to it... apparently if you're from NE, you can skip it cuz you're a sore loser lol...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get what you're saying and that just goes to show how much stock I have in the pro bowl. It's just worthless... there's no real point to it... apparently if you're from NE, you can skip it cuz you're a sore loser lol...[/QUOTE]

Ha ha! Lotta that going around last week it seems.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Seemed like they played harder this year compared to last.

Problem is no side is really wrong when it comes to the Pro Bowl problem.

Goodell isn't wrong for wanting the players to play hard and put forth a quality product on the field.

On the flip side I can understand why the players with all the news of concussions and not wanting to get injured especially this late in the year don't want to exactly go out there and sell out for a meaningless game. If I was a player I would want to limit the pounding my body takes as much as possible as well.

I think the best compromise is to make it into a skills competition along with a 7 on 7 flag football game. Maybe throw some different scoring and rules in there to make it more interesting to watch. I know it's not a great solution obviously but the players are never going to play hard enough to make it truly compelling to watch.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

The NFL is considering its options on Pro Bowl. Much to discuss with players, including "game quality, timing and location," source said