• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pro Bowl fan voting is in

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players and coaches compete against the other players. They know better than any fan. Before J. Smith was getting recognition from fans (who base their opinions off of ESPN) players were always talking about him as underrated and a beast. Find an average fan who can name 5 starting offensive lineman not on his favorite team.... I bet that same guy who couldn't still voted for 5 lineman to get in the probowl.

I would much rather win an award or get recognition from my peers than from the fans. If the pro bowl is for the fans, why do they mention a guy being a pro bowl caliber player?? Why do they say a guy is a 12 time pro bowler when considering him for the HOF?? Yao Ming was voted the starting center last year from the fans and he hadn't even played.

The probowl is earned. This isn't homecoming court.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Players and coaches compete against the other players. They know better than any fan. Before J. Smith was getting recognition from fans (who base their opinions off of ESPN) players were always talking about him as underrated and a beast. Find an average fan who can name 5 starting offensive lineman not on his favorite team.... I bet that same guy who couldn't still voted for 5 lineman to get in the probowl.

I would much rather win an award or get recognition from my peers than from the fans. If the pro bowl is for the fans, why do they mention a guy being a pro bowl caliber player?? Why do they say a guy is a 12 time pro bowler when considering him for the HOF?? Yao Ming was voted the starting center last year from the fans and he hadn't even played.

The probowl is earned. This isn't homecoming court.

So how much time do you think Joe Staley has spent this year breaking down AFC offensive lineman? How much time do you think Carlos Rogers has spent breaking down AFC DL?

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So how much time do you think Joe Staley has spent this year breaking down AFC offensive lineman? How much time do you think Carlos Rogers has spent breaking down AFC DL?

I think Staley spent 83 hours and 23 minutes studying AFC OL.

I think Rogers spent 17 minutes breaking down AFC DL.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Staley spent 83 hours and 23 minutes studying AFC OL.

I think Rogers spent 17 minutes breaking down AFC DL.

Perfect.

Now, if you feel you have something to contribute, go for it. If you want to troll, save it.

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That was my contribution. Rhetorical questions have no place in a forum. It just eats up space.

You want my genuine contribution? I think they can do away with the Pro Bowl altogether. All it serves is to inflate the $$ in FA.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Players pay attention to other players. They aren't breaking down film, but neither are fans. I think that a guy who plays the game and knows about the game would have a better grasp than the average fan voting.

The entire GreenBay offensive line is in line to start the Probowl despite giving up 36 sacks already (4th worst in the league...Niners worst with 39) and they're ranked near the bottom of the league in rushing yards. But Aaron Rodgers sure is having a nice year so the fans are going to just keep voting for them.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Players pay attention to other players. They aren't breaking down film, but neither are fans. I think that a guy who plays the game and knows about the game would have a better grasp than the average fan voting.

The entire GreenBay offensive line is in line to start the Probowl despite giving up 36 sacks already (4th worst in the league...Niners worst with 39) and they're ranked near the bottom of the league in rushing yards. But Aaron Rodgers sure is having a nice year so the fans are going to just keep voting for them.

So the Ravens have seen how much of the GB OL this year?

The fan vote is far from perfect, but it isn't as if players are experts on what's going on around the league. Baltimore is usually playing when GB is playing, and they're never playing against each other this year. So how much have they seen of each other?

And the Pro Bowl is for the fans. If you have major issues with who the fans vote for, vote for someone else.

Who did you vote for by the way?

I didn't vote because I really don't care about the Pro Bowl.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Ravens have seen how much of the GB OL this year?

The fan vote is far from perfect, but it isn't as if players are experts on what's going on around the league. Baltimore is usually playing when GB is playing, and they're never playing against each other this year. So how much have they seen of each other?

And the Pro Bowl is for the fans. If you have major issues with who the fans vote for, vote for someone else.

Who did you vote for by the way?

I didn't vote because I really don't care about the Pro Bowl.

I'm the same way... I didn't vote because I think the game is boring and in a violent sport like football it's not worth going out and competing in. And most of the guys don't want to play anyway. I'm only talking about the pro bowl as an achievement, and honor.

But if the game is just for the fans and they are deciding who plays, nobody should be able to use it as a bargaining chip in negotiations, or mention it when stating a case for guys getting into the HOF. I don't put on my resume when trying to get a job that I was also the Homecoming King and sexed a few cheerleaders.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm the same way... I didn't vote because I think the game is boring and in a violent sport like football it's not worth going out and competing in. And most of the guys don't want to play anyway. I'm only talking about the pro bowl as an achievement, and honor.

But if the game is just for the fans and they are deciding who plays, nobody should be able to use it as a bargaining chip in negotiations, or mention it when stating a case for guys getting into the HOF. I don't put on my resume when trying to get a job that I was also the Homecoming King and sexed a few cheerleaders.

If you aren't going to vote, you forfeit all right to complain.

You're right when you say it shouldn't be a bargaining chip, but that's on agents and teams. They choose to value something that is clearly flawed. The problem is that giving the vote exclusively to players and coaches doesn't solve that problem.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you aren't going to vote, you forfeit all right to complain.

I disagree. I'm not voting for one, because of the reason I already stated, and two... why would I vote for something when I have clearly said that I don't believe it should be in the hands of the fans? I am one of those fans. Why would I contribute to something that I am against? I don't like crack heads. Should I go smoke some crack so I have the right to complain about them?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I disagree. I'm not voting for one, because of the reason I already stated, and two... why would I vote for something when I have clearly said that I don't believe it should be in the hands of the fans? I am one of those fans. Why would I contribute to something that I am against? I don't like crack heads. Should I go smoke some crack so I have the right to complain about them?

You're complaining about the fans vote because you disagree with the selections they make. You have a degree of power to influence it yet choose not to.

Would you use that same reasoning to not vote in an election?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying they shouldn't vote because I disagree with who they are picking. I'm saying that they shouldn't get to pick because they don't pick because of merit... they pick their favorite players. The Pro Bowl and All Star games aren't supposed to be about the most popular players, they are supposed to be about the most deserving players. When the fans vote, this happens far less.

Ok, so the all star games are supposed to be for the fans... well, isn't this true of sports in general? Every game is for the fans or else there would be no games. Should there be an online poll who should start this week for the Cowboys?

Yes I would use this reasoning. If I didn't feel like I was qualified to vote, I wouldn't vote. That's a whole other subject though, because a lot of people who do vote, don't know what the fuck they're voting for.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not saying they shouldn't vote because I disagree with who they are picking. I'm saying that they shouldn't get to pick because they don't pick because of merit... they pick their favorite players. The Pro Bowl and All Star games aren't supposed to be about the most popular players, they are supposed to be about the most deserving players. When the fans vote, this happens far less.

Ok, so the all star games are supposed to be for the fans... well, isn't this true of sports in general? Every game is for the fans or else there would be no games. Should there be an online poll who should start this week for the Cowboys?

Yes I would use this reasoning. If I didn't feel like I was qualified to vote, I wouldn't vote. That's a whole other subject though, because a lot of people who do vote, don't know what the fuck they're voting for.

A lot (all) of the players that are in professional sports would argue that the sports in general is not for the fans. The athletes get paid. They don't get paid for playing in an all star game. There is also no reward such as playoffs for winning the Pro Bowl. It's in a team's best interest to win a regular season game (and a playoff game), however, it doesn't matter all that much who wins the pro bowl.

I will continue to contend that players and coaches, in football in particular, would not be able to vote players in based on merit as they cannot see enough of their peers in any given season to truly pick the best players at each position from each conference.

You're right about elections, it's too big of a topic to attempt to address here.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're making good points, just not the same thinking that I have. Chalk this one up to a agree to disagree?? Good debate though... been a while since I had a back and forth on a forum where the other guy didn't start talking shit because we didn't see eye to eye.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna hear Packers' fans argument for Aaron Rodgers winning MVP. They say he does it all on his own, but then vote half their offense to the pro bowl.

Yep, i agree with them that he is the MVP, but how the hell do you vote your whole O-line in? Clifton hasn't even been playing lately. Anybody can see how biased their fans are.