• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pretty good Bryzgalov interview

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what he is saying, but it basically comes off as being very critical of the fans, even though he repeatedly says "not the fans," that's who he is talking about.

And while I understand it was hard for him (and yes, he HAS to regret moving there), his response should be one thing OVER and OVER again.... "I have to play better."

His playoff .887 save pct. and 3.46 GAA are atrocious. And he was ranked #32 and #21 in save percentage and GAA in the regular season. Even if the defense in front of him isn't the best, that is not what Philly paid for him.

So even if it's bullshit, he should have given a nice "Crosby" canned response here and made his life easier. Philly fans aren't going to like those answers I don't think.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man controls his own fate. If he isnt going to like it here, I will glady give his contract the Huet treatment.

Still believe in him though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish I hadn't read that.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the philly media will go bonkers over that.. hopefully the fans dont follow suit

dude was just being honest.. i'm sure it was a tough season for the guy.. hopefully its motivation to come back stronger next year so he doesn't have to endure that again.. if he goes in to sulk-mode next year is going to be a whole lot worse, i can promise you that

i hope he can come back strong next year and be the goalie the flyers paid him to be.. i really appreciate his comments about having signed a contract in philly and wanting to live up to it and honor it.. i want to like the guy, i do, but he's gotta play better hockey before i dont see his rantings about the universe and shit as just more evidence that he doesn't focus on hockey like a 51 million dollar goalie should be focusing on hockey

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to agree with him on some points.

Easy to hate on him for his performance,but he had no help in the Devils series.Briere and G showed up,but Jagr was invisible,and CBC went so far as to focus on parts of his shifts,and he was floating.

Everyone pretty well sucked,yet I didn't read or hear about anyone ripping new a-holes into anyone but Bryz.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to agree with him on some points.

Easy to hate on him for his performance,but he had no help in the Devils series.Briere and G showed up,but Jagr was invisible,and CBC went so far as to focus on parts of his shifts,and he was floating.

Everyone pretty well sucked,yet I didn't read or hear about anyone ripping new a-holes into anyone but Bryz.

Maybe Laviolette should have played him more....

Is Jagr going to test free agency? | ProHockeyTalk

“wants to see how the Flyers would use him before deciding to stay,” and “felt he would have been better this season if Lavvy [Peter Laviolette] had given him more ice time.”

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of game 5, he was the flyers best player in the series hands down. I was kinda shocked holmgren had the balls to say his job is to stop pucks and he didn't do that. This isn't comedy central ( or however it went)

He was the only guy to show up in that series

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Laviolette should have played him more.... Is Jagr going to test free agency? | ProHockeyTalk “wants to see how the Flyers would use him before deciding to stay,” and “felt he would have been better this season if Lavvy [Peter Laviolette] had given him more ice time.”

Baloney or bologna

40 years old-injured or played hurt most games.Lavi couldn't take minutes away from the guys that were performing.His leadership and vet presence were a great asset to the team.

Unless he takes a decided paycut,IMO he should go.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

The guy had 54 points this year and was really a boon to Giroux. He only makes $3.3 million. I can't possibly see some team not paying him AT LEAST what he's making now. Here are some other guys who had 54 points this year - Callahan, Semin, Oshie, Backes, Versteeg, and Dustin Brown. I'm guessing their average salary is north of $4 million.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Baloney or bologna

40 years old-injured or played hurt most games.Lavi couldn't take minutes away from the guys that were performing.His leadership and vet presence were a great asset to the team.

^^^

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy had 54 points this year and was really a boon to Giroux. He only makes $3.3 million. I can't possibly see some team not paying him AT LEAST what he's making now. Here are some other guys who had 54 points this year - Callahan, Semin, Oshie, Backes, Versteeg, and Dustin Brown. I'm guessing their average salary is north of $4 million.

Agreed that some team may,but using your players listed-look at their ages as opposed to Jagr's.

IMO Flyers have too many young forwards to be spending $3mil + on a 40 year old.Use the $$$ to improve the defence.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that some team may,but using your players listed-look at their ages as opposed to Jagr's.

IMO Flyers have too many young forwards to be spending $3mil + on a 40 year old.Use the $$$ to improve the defence.

My point is that's not much money. You're not going to get a stellar blue liner for $3 million. And the fact that they have so many young forwards is all the more reason to have some experience on the team. Jagr added so much to the Flyers this year. I think they'd be crazy not to re-sign him if it's in the same ballpark as what he got this year.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, the FLYERS are having trouble with a goalie and the fans seeing eye to eye?

THE HELL YOU SAY!

Sadly, my first thought when that one bounced in on the clear was "Well, at least the fans can be happy they have a goalie to blame". I don't get it. There is no goalie on earth who could survive there. None.

It's a shame because they've had some pretty good ones. But this story always ends the same.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that's not much money. You're not going to get a stellar blue liner for $3 million. And the fact that they have so many young forwards is all the more reason to have some experience on the team. Jagr added so much to the Flyers this year. I think they'd be crazy not to re-sign him if it's in the same ballpark as what he got this year.

Completely agree with you.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As in football with the QB, the goaltender usually shoulders the blame when the team loses. Bryz didn't have much help against the Devils (or the Pens for that matter) in his own end.

I also think anything short of a cup would seem like a bad season with the expectations he had. Media pressure and fan pressure going from non existent in Phoenix to overwhelming in Philly, it shouldn't be that shocking that he didn't live up to the billing in year 1.

Year 2, he knows what to expect, he has more time to really mentally prepare for what a season is like in Philly, the Atlantic, etc. I think he will settle down and be the goalie people expect him to be next year.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q: The Clarkson goal that turned out to be the deciding one in the series.
A: "Yes, I made a mistake. But when a player makes a pass and the opponent intercepts it, no one says anything, right? I understand that I am being criticized by everyone but the lazy. But I am trying not to think about it."

yeah if Im a Flyers fan Im worried about this guys next years. oof...

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Feaster will try to re-unite Jagr with his former KHL teammate Roman Cervenka. Crazier things have happened.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jagr is going to the Islanders for *insert too much money* for a year. He's getting close to finishing up Atlantic Division bingo and he owes so much to Trottier for his development as a player...so he wants to pay homage to his old team and retire an Isle. That's how it works, right? :) (**This is me sort of saying that I still want him to retire a Penguin. I don't like that I feel that way, BUT I DO OKAY!**)

On Bryz...well...hmm... He certainly just made his life WORSE with that. He just has to stop listening to the critics if he can't use their criticism effectively. Some guys read the paper because they want that motivation, not because they expect to be patted on the back nightly. Bryz has to take a step back and remember to tune out the media a bit more. I'm just not sure he can. He's a very mental goalie.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how these Russian guys go crying to the Russian media because they don't have the stones to face the local media. Or when they do, they made offhand remarks like "The good news is we have a chance to win tomorrow because I'm not playing".

Hey Ilya, you're in a hockey hotbed market now, you're no longer in Anaheim or Phoenix, and you're getting paid a ton of money to stop a black rubber disc. Time to put up or shut up.