• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason Week 2 @ Falcons

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wylie is getting a shot on the first team OL

O'Daniel and McQuay are suiting up

Hitchens as well

Berry and Ragland remain out.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That defense is lost without Berry and Ragland. It seemed like any run play had a 50/50 shot of breaking lose.

Fuller was also getting beat a lot in the secondary. If that happens in the regular season then I'll join the other 95% of Chiefs fans with the 'fire Sutton' mentality.

Not a whole lot of hope here from the preseason but maybe the Chiefs did need some cooling on the hype train a bit

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That defense is lost without Berry and Ragland. It seemed like any run play had a 50/50 shot of breaking lose.
Yeah, I don't really see how they defend the run much at all if they even run into minor hiccups with injuries. When the DL makes a play, the LB's fuck up, and the DL isn't exactly superhuman outside of Jones; though I like what I have seen out of Williams and Nnadi up to this point more than not.

Fuller was also getting beat a lot in the secondary. If that happens in the regular season then I'll join the other 95% of Chiefs fans with the 'fire Sutton' mentality.
I don't think it was that bad, but Fuller was definitely not terminator out there the Chiefs may need him to be at the same time. Given he effectively, right or wrong, is replacing Peters one has to think the standard for him will be inordinately high; perhaps unfairly so.

Not a whole lot of hope here from the preseason but maybe the Chiefs did need some cooling on the hype train a bit
Yeah, it has been rather constipated out there. Pleased with some developments from Kpass, Nnadi, and X.Williams, but that's really about it. Speaks looks the part of an all effort guy who sets the run and not much else; which I don't know how valuable you can be as an edge if that's your schtick as a player.

Also probably the same reason I'll support Kpassagnon starting over Speaks at this point.

Terrance Smith should not be getting anymore snaps. He's the Cam Erving of the defense so far this preseason. Constantly blowing up plays on his own side of the ball, missing assignments, and making it inordinately difficult on the other 10 players. At this point, Niemann needs to be ILB3 which probably is not a good sign for ILB depth. Ragland and Hitchens sound like they're actually playing tomorrow, not just dressing (looking at you, Hitchens) so hopefully we can see what the front 7 looks like as a cohesive unit instead of half and half like we've had up to this point.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller getting beat by Ridley is a troubling sign although it is funny to point out that Ridley is actually the older player. The Chiefs are very much a rebuilding team right now.

If the Chiefs can't stop the run with Chris Jones, Xavier Williams, Allen Bailey, Anthony Hitchens, Reggie Ragland and Eric Berry on the field then there are some really pressing issues going on with the defensive scheme.