• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Week 1: Eagles vs Pats

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick starts this game. Foles will be rotated in after the 1st drive.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats got the ball first. Defense didn't look good. Gave up a big 1st play run for 62 yards. They ended up scoring.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles answered right back and scored. Vick with a nice pass to D-Jax for about 50 yards. D-Jax has been getting 50 yard TDs all training camp from both Vick and Foles. D-Jax looks real good.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles Defense looks like garbage

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No many Eagles fans on this board it seems. This board is gonna suck during NFL season.

ionacity77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, give it a time. Hopefully, more ppl will join soon

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense wasn't complete garbage, but they didn't appear ready to handle the running game.

On a side note, Barkley was okay. His stats will look worse than he was, however he obviously needs reps.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
missed the game due to a wedding.

Following on gamecast it appeared it was alright, not bad for first time.

Defense needs work, but give tat time. Offense is going to be good.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like the way the offense looked. Hopefully the Defense can improve enough to give this team a chance.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An observation from the other side, I think you guys have a good ways to go.

Your defense was pretty shredded. I don't think you win more than a handful of games without a lot of improvement. We ran the ball every play the first drive and ran all over you, then Brady went 7 of 8 the next drive and passed it at will. It is early. I don't know if that translates to how it will perform once the season starts, but it's not a great sign.

On offense, it wasn't terrible. Vick's TD to desean was a perfect ball into pretty tight coverage. Your 5th QB to hit the field was better than Tebow. We didn't give you a lot to read of defense, so if any of your guys made bad decisions tonight, I would be concerned (nothing struck me but I wasn't watching for your guys). You moved it a bit but like I said, it is very vanilla defense. I would wait until you see the performance against a more complex one before you get too excited about it.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An observation from the other side, I think you guys have a good ways to go.

Your defense was pretty shredded. I don't think you win more than a handful of games without a lot of improvement. We ran the ball every play the first drive and ran all over you, then Brady went 7 of 8 the next drive and passed it at will. It is early. I don't know if that translates to how it will perform once the season starts, but it's not a great sign.

On offense, it wasn't terrible. Vick's TD to desean was a perfect ball into pretty tight coverage. Your 5th QB to hit the field was better than Tebow. We didn't give you a lot to read of defense, so if any of your guys made bad decisions tonight, I would be concerned (nothing struck me but I wasn't watching for your guys). You moved it a bit but like I said, it is very vanilla defense. I would wait until you see the performance against a more complex one before you get too excited about it.

Got it, the Patriots looked fantastic on offense, but the Eagles offense while it looked good only faced a "vanilla" defense.....that doesn't sound too homer-ish. Maybe BOTH teams played a vanilla defense? Eagles had some positioning issues that should be ironed out before the start of the regular season. Maybe your run game doesn't look so great against a team that doesn't over-pursue like crazy.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note, I was watching the game at Hooters and the stereo-typical Philly fan was already in full swing. I literally heard someone make the comment "We fired Andy Reid for this. Good job Chip Kelly." 1 freaking preseason game and already people are giving up? Holy crap.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You guys weren't playing complicated shit either. That doesn't mean your defense didn't look bad. I made one point about the defense being simple. That decision making should be easier. That's it.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 preseason game. Rest of preseason is going to be pretty vanilla from Chip. Don't expect much Tempo being in place or anything like that. These preseason games are seen as glorified practices, Eagles could easily go winless in the preseason and that doesn't mean anything. It's all setting up and preparing for week 1 of regular season.