• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason: Kansas City Chiefs @ Los Angeles Rams, 8/20, 9pm EST, 2016

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice play by Jordon RAMS WIN AGAIN............................................................................................................GET USE TO IT!!!!!!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 and this team is developing nicely. Fisher may save his job for this year yet.

Last edited:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 and this team is developing nicely. Fisher may save his job for this yet.
Still have a lot of work to do with the starting defense though. There were way too many guys getting open with ease.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree UVA. The LBs and secondary really need some work. Even Tru was getting manhandled with the ones.

See everyone next week on Saturday against the Denver Donkies.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense looked good tonight, especially the line and all of the running backs. They cut out a lot of the silly mistakes. Though I wish that they would've thrown to Higbee at least a few times (unless he was a late scratch that I was unaware of). The front line looks strong as well and that was even without Quinn being in there.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when are the first cuts?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 and this team is developing nicely. Fisher may save his job for this year yet.

Don't understand the not playing Mannion...Last week Fisher "only played him because Goff hurt his shoulder"... The hell does Fisher have against him??? You know what it is? If Mannion keeps playing and playing well, Fisher feels like he'll look like a jackass...Not necessarily true, but that's probably his thinking...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't understand the not playing Mannion...Last week Fisher "only played him because Goff hurt his shoulder"... The hell does Fisher have against him??? You know what it is? If Mannion keeps playing and playing well, Fisher feels like he'll look like a jackass...Not necessarily true, but that's probably his thinking...
I'm sure it'll be something to the affect of thinking Jared needed a lot more reps since he didn't get in as many as he would've liked last week since he was yanked for precautionary reasons.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Ravens-Colts right now and tuning to this game at 6pm on CBS.

@ChiefsLakers67 is at the game. I'm praying for him since the Coliseum is in a shithole part of the city.

err, I grew up 3 blocks literally from where the Coluseum is built...

just sayin'...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it'll be something to the affect of thinking Jared needed a lot more reps since he didn't get in as many as he would've liked last week since he was yanked for precautionary reasons.

I certainly understand that...to a point. But it seems like Fisher might be doing this to save face. If Mannion plays too well and forces himself into a starting position, he feels like he'll look like an idiot with two QB's he traded for behind him...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly understand that...to a point. But it seems like Fisher might be doing this to save face. If Mannion plays too well and forces himself into a starting position, he feels like he'll look like an idiot with two QB's he traded for behind him...
It's probably something like that. Since we gave up a lot to trade up to get Jared that he'll try to give him every opportunity to become the starting QB for many years to come and likely wager his job security for it. A lot like what Shanahan did with the Redskins when they traded up with us to land RGIII and ran him into the ground.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably something like that. Since we gave up a lot to trade up to get Jared that he'll try to give him every opportunity to become the starting QB for many years to come and likely wager his job security for it. A lot like what Shanahan did with the Redskins when they traded up with us to land RGIII and ran him into the ground.

Agreed, but since Kroenke seems in NO rush to fire Fisher, why not take a chance with the guy who JUST might be the best option??? The whole thing is SO confusing...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but since Kroenke seems in NO rush to fire Fisher, why not take a chance with the guy who JUST might be the best option??? The whole thing is SO confusing...
Because LA (and Kroenke) care a lot more about star power and Jared is a Cali boy and was the #1 pick. Thus they think he'll draw bigger crowds than the other QB's (even though I think that LA cares more about winning than anything).

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because LA (and Kroenke) care a lot more about star power and Jared is a Cali boy and was the #1 pick. Thus they think he'll draw bigger crowds than the other QB's (even though I think that LA cares more about winning than anything).

I mean, I certainly agree with you, but wouldn't wins draw people in more than anything?...Oops, I'm SUCH a damn idiot trying to use logic :L

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I certainly agree with you, but wouldn't wins draw people in more than anything?...Oops, I'm SUCH a damn idiot trying to use logic :L
Snisher and Kroenke hate it when people try to use logic. :lol:
But yes, wins are what ultimately draw people. We all saw how the crowds dwindled in St Louis after the team stopped having winning seasons. It'll eventually be the same in Los Angeles if the trend continues, especially since there's a lot more (and better) things to do than to watch a losing team year after year.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snisher and Kroenke hate it when people try to use logic. :lol:
But yes, wins are what ultimately draw people. We all saw how the crowds dwindled in St Louis after the team stopped having winning seasons. It'll eventually be the same in Los Angeles if the trend continues, especially since there's a lot more (and better) things to do than to watch a losing team year after year.

What I'm scared about...is that all this is(Fisher, Snead, etc...)is just a stopgap until the new stadium opens and Kroenke gets REALLY serious(and yes I get the feeling he will with that much money on the line with and an almost 3 billion dollar complex)...With that much money on the line, I just don't see Stan screwing around...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm scared about...is that all this is(Fisher, Snead, etc...)is just a stopgap until the new stadium opens and Kroenke gets REALLY serious(and yes I get the feeling he will with that much money on the line with and an almost 3 billion dollar complex)...With that much money on the line, I just don't see Stan screwing around...
I honestly don't think Stan cares at all about the product on the field. He just cares about making money. I have a feeling that since the Rams are worth a lot more now that they're in LA, he can sell the team and make a lot of money once the new stadium opens (not that that would necessarily be a bad thing if the owner actually cares about the team).

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think Stan cares at all about the product on the field. He just cares about making money. I have a feeling that since the Rams are worth a lot more now that they're in LA, he can sell the team and make a lot of money once the new stadium opens (not that that would necessarily be a bad thing if the owner actually cares about the team).

No no no, Unless BLOWN away by an offer, Stan will NOT give up the power of being in charge of one of the most valuable NFL franchises. This is what he's been dreaming about. Best friends Stan and Jerry Jones now pretty much own the NFL. Stan LOVES power, he had little in the NFL, until now...Now he's one of the top dogs as he "expected" for a while now...