• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason games....

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Giants vs Lions, Drew Lock looked awful and then got hurt. Devito came in and looks 10X better...Giants just got a TD

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I actually see Justin Fields drop back and throw the ball on time and accurate a few times on that last drive? Did I actually see that?

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons are playing the Fins in Miami tonight, I haven’t been watching, don’t even know if it’s on anywhere, but I saw that Penix started and threw for 104 yards before being pulled. I like Penix a lot and think he will be a strong franchise QB for us in a couple of years.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is discussion on team boards, or there should be. Personally, I love preseason. They break your ass, or you are cut.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back, Kansas City Chiefs...!

Kc Chiefs Dance GIF by Kansas City Chiefs

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the nuances of the new kickoff rule came up in today's Bills-Bears game.

It's very windy, and the ball wouldn't stay on the tee. With "the old rules", one of the players on the field would move over and hold the ball, but now all those players are too far away. The holder came onto the field, and received some quick verbal instructions from the official.
The kick happened to go into the endzone for a touchback. They showed a replay where the holder picked up the tee, and with a big grin on his face started to sprint towards the sidelines. So apparently the rule for situations like this is the holder has to get off the field if the return moves up the field.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's very windy, and the ball wouldn't stay on the tee. With "the old rules", one of the players on the field would move over and hold the ball, but now all those players are too far away. The holder came onto the field, and received some quick verbal instructions from the official.
The kick happened to go into the endzone for a touchback. They showed a replay where the holder picked up the tee, and with a big grin on his face started to sprint towards the sidelines. So apparently the rule for situations like this is the holder has to get off the field if the return moves up the field.
And if he doesn’t? I can’t wait until the holder forgets but I am sure this will happen rarely

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They should probably make the kicker punt the ball instead.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised at all there. Lock is just not very good. Has his odd moments but not an NFL caliber QB 90% of the time.

I still have zero clue why some folks on the Seattle board wanted to keep him. We've all seen what Drew Lock can do... and it's not much... and if he hasn't figured it out by now, he's not going to (whereas Howell is younger than some guys that were just drafted lol).

"BUT HE BEAT PHILLY!" Philly beat Philly....

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dumber than dogshit rule.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys making Boston Scott look like Eric Dickerson.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have zero clue why some folks on the Seattle board wanted to keep him. We've all seen what Drew Lock can do... and it's not much... and if he hasn't figured it out by now, he's not going to (whereas Howell is younger than some guys that were just drafted lol).

"BUT HE BEAT PHILLY!" Philly beat Philly....
It's pretty much just one person Shark and the only reason is that Drew is not Geno. And Howell's biggest problem is trying to play hero ball and making bad decisions because of that mentality. A young Ryan Fitzpatrick comes to mind. But he is young enough that he can be coached up and who knows.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty much just one person Shark and the only reason is that Drew is not Geno. And Howell's biggest problem is trying to play hero ball and making bad decisions because of that mentality. A young Ryan Fitzpatrick comes to mind. But he is young enough that he can be coached up and who knows.
sh,s dad is a coach.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sh,s dad is a coach.
Lots of players dad's are coaches, It doesn't really mean anything because these kids develop so many bad habits at the college level vs shitty competition and usually need to be reigned in and learn as pros. I do think circumstances in Washington last season hurt him though. Being behind in games all the time and seemingly pressure in his face every time he dropped back doesn't help a 23 yr olds development. Being so young, he just wanted to make the big plays to help the team but that ends up going wrong most of the time. I think in regards to coaching these kids up is reigning them back just enough to keep them out of trouble. It's not X's and O's. It's learning how to avoid mistakes and stay cool in the moment.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of players dad's are coaches, It doesn't really mean anything because these kids develop so many bad habits at the college level vs shitty competition and usually need to be reigned in and learn as pros. I do think circumstances in Washington last season hurt him though. Being behind in games all the time and seemingly pressure in his face every time he dropped back doesn't help a 23 yr olds development. Being so young, he just wanted to make the big plays to help the team but that ends up going wrong most of the time. I think in regards to coaching these kids up is reigning them back just enough to keep them out of trouble. It's not X's and O's. It's learning how to avoid mistakes and stay cool in the moment.
Washington sucked in every phase his time there.