• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game Fins vs Falcons

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the most important preseason game. The starters usually play more in the third game.

The Fins' defense played well in the first game. The Fins' offense played well in the second game.

Will the Fins play well on both sides of the ball in this game?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that we’ll see an improvement but tackling will be key on D. Hopefully Steen plays well at center that line needs confidence heading into the season. I'd like to see Cameron and Parker have good games plus Alonzo!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that we’ll see an improvement but tackling will be key on D. Hopefully Steen plays well at center that line needs confidence heading into the season. I'd like to see Cameron and Parker have good games plus Alonzo!

Those are definitely keys to the game. I think the Fins want to play well fundamentally. Stopping the run will probably be top priority for the defense. Maxwell will be matched up against one of the top WRs in the league; J Jones. That's a tough matchup for any CB. The safeties will need to play well for the Fins to have a chance.

On offense, the Oline could use another good game. If Steen emerges as another starter that would be huge for the team. I read recently that if Steen plays well at center it could mean that Pouncey could move back to guard which could further solidify the line. It would certainly give the team more options. Tunsil has not given up a QB pressure yet. He's very consistent for a rookie. He's already earned a spot in my opinion. I'm interested to see how well the other Olineman play in the game. The Fins' Oline is getting closer to being what the team needs.

Cameron will need to make some clutch catches so that THill keeps confidence in him. Parker has all the talent to be a top WR. He just needs to keep building his experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins offense with a good drive to start the game. Other than a fluke INT on a deflected pass.

Fins defense makes Falcons punt. Good start by the Fins.

Fins defense with a 4th down stop at mid field.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD drive for the Fins. Cameron with a nice block for Foster on the TD. Foster showed his versatility as a playmaker throughout the drive. Oline did well. THill looks like a QB in control of the offense. I'm glad the coach lets him audible.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R Jones with a clutch INT in the red zone. We've seen that before.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M Thomas with a great play to cause a fumble.

I really like the tempo of the Fins' offense. Dysert with a good drive. Whalen with a key catch against a zone defense. Some nice runs by D Williams. 14-3 Fins

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to be the year the Tannehill shows he is a top 10 QB and can lead an average team to a winning season. The D looks OK tonight, WR's are loaded with three play makers; Landry, Parker and Stills. RB position is weak IMO. Need help there

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Foster has played well at RB. The RB by committee could work for the team. The Fins have blocked well & that helps. The up tempo offense will be a big advantage.

I think the Fins coaches will help the team improve on both sides of the ball.

The Fins need to keep Warmsley. He's disruptive. He just got another sack this preseason.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great points guys and even though the CB's have looked shaky they held up in the red zone.

Oline is pass protecting well just need to work on the run blocking. Although Foster looked great if he can hold the fort early on the rest of the backs will improve as the season goes on.

If Cameron can get his shit together watch out loads of weapons.

Wake also showed us how much the D missed him. He's crazy!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cameron will get better. Players don't have 80 catch seasons with 7 TDs in a year if they can't catch the ball. He's just thinking too much right now. It's much better to have drops in the preseason than when the games count.

Wake got to the QB on his first play of the game. The team may choose to use him mostly on passing downs.
M. Williams has a lot of talent. If he plays as well as he did 2 yrs ago the Fins will have a formidable pass rush.
Hopefully Suh has a good recovery from his ankle injury.

X Howard will get playing time Thursday. When he gets healthy he has a chance to start. Howard & Lippett may not be the most experienced guys but both have good ball skills. Maxwell is solid. The team's pass rush could help the CBs play better.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cameron will get better. Players don't have 80 catch seasons with 7 TDs in a year if they can't catch the ball. He's just thinking too much right now. It's much better to have drops in the preseason than when the games count.

Wake got to the QB on his first play of the game. The team may choose to use him mostly on passing downs.
M. Williams has a lot of talent. If he plays as well as he did 2 yrs ago the Fins will have a formidable pass rush.
Hopefully Suh has a good recovery from his ankle injury.

X Howard will get playing time Thursday. When he gets healthy he has a chance to start. Howard & Lippett may not be the most experienced guys but both have good ball skills. Maxwell is solid. The team's pass rush could help the CBs play better.
Agreed to all and Tanny looks more comfortable which is nice to see...