• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game 2

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins' starters denominated again. The game would not have been close if it were a regular season game.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed we just have to hope that the next man up can keep the train rolling when the injuries hit. I do like what I'm seeing s far.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Preseason getting your backups lots of work can be a good thing. It shows if they are ready to play at the next level. I like the Fins' roster and I think there is some good depth at a number of positions. RB, WR, DT, & DE for example. That said, the LT position is a concern for this upcoming game. Fox has played well enough while Albert is recovering, however, with his concussion in the last game, I am wondering if he will be ready to play on Saturday or if him playing would even be best since Fox may need to play for a couple of weeks in the regular season while Albert recovers. Protecting THill has to be top priority. THill is showing that he is a franchise QB that looks ready to take the Fins to another level. Maybe the Fins should run the ball more on Saturday night. If healthy, Jay Ajayi could be the workhorse backup RB the team needs this week. Gillislee should also get more carries. He needs to show his talents to the rest of the league because I think he'll have a tough time making the roster the way that Williams & James are playing. Miller looks ready to have a big year for the Fins. DT AJ Francis looked impressive in the last game. I think he'll make the roster from what I'm seeing. An interesting player on the bubble is Christion Jones. I like what I've seen from him as a returner. The Fins have L James already but Jones could provide extra depth on ST. Landry is great at returning kicks too but I think it's best for him to focus on being a playmaker WR.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Preseason getting your backups lots of work can be a good thing. It shows if they are ready to play at the next level. I like the Fins' roster and I think there is some good depth at a number of positions. RB, WR, DT, & DE for example. That said, the LT position is a concern for this upcoming game. Fox has played well enough while Albert is recovering, however, with his concussion in the last game, I am wondering if he will be ready to play on Saturday or if him playing would even be best since Fox may need to play for a couple of weeks in the regular season while Albert recovers. Protecting THill has to be top priority. THill is showing that he is a franchise QB that looks ready to take the Fins to another level. Maybe the Fins should run the ball more on Saturday night. If healthy, Jay Ajayi could be the workhorse backup RB the team needs this week. Gillislee should also get more carries. He needs to show his talents to the rest of the league because I think he'll have a tough time making the roster the way that Williams & James are playing. Miller looks ready to have a big year for the Fins. DT AJ Francis looked impressive in the last game. I think he'll make the roster from what I'm seeing. An interesting player on the bubble is Christion Jones. I like what I've seen from him as a returner. The Fins have L James already but Jones could provide extra depth on ST. Landry is great at returning kicks too but I think it's best for him to focus on being a playmaker WR.

Fox and Albert should sit and maybe limit Tanny in the game as he's looked good anyway.

I think Gill is a goner too many good RB's and James will be a return guy too you need to be versatile.

I was wondering who Jones was what position is he? It will have to be a position of need otherwise Landry will be the back up PR....and I mean back up!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins' starters denominated again. The game would not have been close if it were a regular season game.
Philbin is doing a great job at Miami.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering who Jones was what position is he? It will have to be a position of need otherwise Landry will be the back up PR....and I mean back up![/QUOTE]

C Jones was a WR at Bama in addition to his kick return duties. I think he'd have to prove to be a ST ace to make the 53 because the Fins have plenty of talent at WR. If he ends up on the practice squad he could be gone though if another team needs a kick returner.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya that's tough sledding if he's a WR I can't see it. Safety maybe but WR no chance.

Philbin must win or he will be gone. He seems to be improving though I'll remain optimistic