• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game 2- Rams vs Packers Game Thread

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rerun of the game on channel 11 for those who didn't see the game

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending how Sammie does this year, QB may be added to the list.
Clemens had a perfect QB rating against the Seahawks in Preseason. I know, I said Preseason but Brian Schottenheimer is going to be the first person thrown under the bus because he has the worst rep. Bradford is probably right behind him because of his injury history.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that performance by Clemens against tehe Caboys. He looked from good to meh.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-season or not, I sure enjoyed seeing the whiners take an old fashioned ass kicking from the Broncos today...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an awful game all around but especially by our D... Rodgers had all day back there to pass, we couldn't stop the run, couldn't block once our starting o-line left the game and had all sorts of stupid penalties(again)...

Bradford missed a couple wide open receivers that should have been completions. But since its his first game back, he gets a pass, for now.

I actually lucked into being off last night and was so excited that I could watch the Rams on TV again. About five minutes into the game, I wasn't so excited anymore.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an awful game all around but especially by our D... Rodgers had all day back there to pass, we couldn't stop the run, couldn't block once our starting o-line left the game and had all sorts of stupid penalties(again)...

Bradford missed a couple wide open receivers that should have been completions. But since its his first game back, he gets a pass, for now.

I actually lucked into being off last night and was so excited that I could watch the Rams on TV again. About five minutes into the game, I wasn't so excited anymore.

The defensive line was playing straight up field. No exotic looks. No loops or stunts. Just basic football. That doesn't really excuse some of the missed tackles, or apparent inability to shed blocks. A lot of Rodgers' success came on short crossing routes and slants, designed to negate the pass rush by getting rid of the ball quickly. I'm not as concerned about this as some seem to be, though. The D-Line didn't forget how to play football overnight and the return of Michael Brockers and James Laurinaitis should correct a lot of what we saw.

I only saw the one wide open receiver (Britt) that Bradford "missed". He only had 3 incompletions. I remember there was a dropped screen pass to Zac Stacy. I don't recall the third.

My biggest concern from that game is the offensive line depth and the DBs in coverage. To a man, the DBs tackled great (except for one huge whiff by Marcus Roberson). The fact that they had to make so many tackles was a bit disconcerting.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive line was playing straight up field. No exotic looks. No loops or stunts. Just basic football. That doesn't really excuse some of the missed tackles, or apparent inability to shed blocks. A lot of Rodgers' success came on short crossing routes and slants, designed to negate the pass rush by getting rid of the ball quickly. I'm not as concerned about this as some seem to be, though. The D-Line didn't forget how to play football overnight and the return of Michael Brockers and James Laurinaitis should correct a lot of what we saw.

I only saw the one wide open receiver (Britt) that Bradford "missed". He only had 3 incompletions. I remember there was a dropped screen pass to Zac Stacy. I don't recall the third.

My biggest concern from that game is the offensive line depth and the DBs in coverage. To a man, the DBs tackled great (except for one huge whiff by Marcus Roberson). The fact that they had to make so many tackles was a bit disconcerting.

Yes the d-line certainly wasn't doing anything fancy and most of Rodgers passes were quick and short, but the few that weren't, Rodgers still had all day back there, like the td pass. Hopefully things will get better once we install the real D.

As for Bradford, there was one more wide open pass he missed but don't remember who it was to. I do remember the one to Britt though. Like I said, its excusable at this point. Stacy's drop was pretty bad, but its preseason so its ok.

I agree with your concerns but would like to add RayRay on that list, he looked lost out there. Needs to step it up.

Finally, am I the only one who thinks Gregg Williams with the facial hair looks like PeeWee Herman after he was busted in that **** theater?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the d-line certainly wasn't doing anything fancy and most of Rodgers passes were quick and short, but the few that weren't, Rodgers still had all day back there, like the td pass. Hopefully things will get better once we install the real D.

As for Bradford, there was one more wide open pass he missed but don't remember who it was to. I do remember the one to Britt though. Like I said, its excusable at this point. Stacy's drop was pretty bad, but its preseason so its ok.

I agree with your concerns but would like to add RayRay on that list, he looked lost out there. Needs to step it up.

Finally, am I the only one who thinks Gregg Williams with the facial hair looks like PeeWee Herman after he was busted in that **** theater?

Ray Ray shouldn't be on the field as a linebacker yet. When Laurinaitis returns, Armstrong will be back to special teams and special packages as it should be.

Gregg's facial hair looks out of place, as it's jet black vs his grey hair. Went a little too heavy on the Just For Men, lol.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure Laurinaitus will be back anytime soon. They are grooming Ray-Ray to play the middle in case that foot injury Laurinaitus keeps him out of the regular season.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure Laurinaitus will be back anytime soon. They are grooming Ray-Ray to play the middle in case that foot injury Laurinaitus keeps him out of the regular season.

Haven't heard anything about Laurinaitis' injury lingering into the regular season. According to Fisher, JL55 could return as early as next week against Cleveland.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually that screen pass on 3rd and 21 was to Benny Cunningham and it was so well defended, that Sam had to throw it away near the feet of Cunningham. Benny never had a chance at making the catch and I thought it was a veteran play by Sam.

The other incomplete pass was an intended deep pass to the flat for Tavon but it never got there. J. Peppers blew past the rookie G. Robinson who was playing LT, hit Sam as he was throwing the ball and it never made it to the wide open Austin.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that screen pass on 3rd and 21 was to Benny Cunningham and it was so well defended, that Sam had to throw it away near the feet of Cunningham. Benny never had a chance at making the catch and I thought it was a veteran play by Sam.

The other incomplete pass was an intended deep pass to the flat for Tavon but it never got there. J. Peppers blew past the rookie G. Robinson who was playing LT, hit Sam as he was throwing the ball and it never made it to the wide open Austin.

Sounds about right. Truthfully after the first terrible Defensive drive, I was very unhappy and at times probably not paying as close attention as I should have been. If it was regular season I would have been glued to the game.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right. Truthfully after the first terrible Defensive drive, I was very unhappy and at times probably not paying as close attention as I should have been. If it was regular season I would have been glued to the game.
Yep! Win, Lose or Draw LongtimeRF! :nod:

I just had it recorded, as a matter of fact I had other plans and missed the entire second half. If it was a regular season game, my 'plans' would have been to watch the entire game live!