• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason Game 2- Houston Texans @ Los Angeles Rams, SoFi Stadium, Friday, 08/19/22, 7:00PM, PST

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And our O-line gives-up Sack number 6. We must have some real suckie O-lineman one of which is B. Evans. Maybe he should be traded.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B. Perkins pass short right to K. Blanton to Houston 47 for 14 yards.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap. Ran out of time. B. Perkins pass deep right to L. McCutcheon to Houston 10 for 29 yards. In my mind, Perkins won the battle between himself and Wolford. I would think they could trade Wolford and bring back Perez but we shall see.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Second and Third Tier D-guys need some work and Hall will be the first one out the door in the next cutdown date.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice playing by Perk and McCutcheon, but our running game was a joke all game.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give McVay one thing. As far as getting his new team on the same page, he is becoming better at it and this year he looks ahead of schedule.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Onward we go to face the Bengals next week in Cincinnati. It'll be an early afternoon (LA Time) Saturday game. Will be getting ready for the final cutdowns and the Bills that come to town, Thursday, the 8th of September.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. J. Rose had a suckie night. Got McVay pretty pissed at him for fumbling on a 3rd and 1. He will def be put on the cut squad at that worst or on the PS at the best.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B. Evans had better be careful because he might find his ass traded or cut outright.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article is fairly spot on the ratings of players from last night's game. We all know this but McSnead have a serious problem choosing O-lineman in the early rounds of the draft. They either over-reach on players that need further development or they by-pass clear selections of excellent players who can come in and play their rookie season.

Another example of this failure is Logan Bruss taken with out First Pick in the Third Round and it is quite clear, he was getting beat badly in pass coverage giving-up two sacks and just plain missing assignments. He finally left the game with a knee injury. He is not ready to be a consistent contributor this year.

Instead of trading-up and taking a clear stud like Dylan Parham, McSnead completely whiffed and took Bruss based largely on present playing O-lineman's recommendations who had the same alma mater as Bruss (Havenstein and Edwards). Bruss looks like a 5th or 6th rounder, not a 3rd rounder.

This pattern of failure continues with O-lineman and WRs taken in the early rounds. I am not sure they even understand what they are doing and their scouting department in these two areas needs an overhaul. This is another player who we drafted in the early rounds who is a year or two away and this should not be.

Wolford has reached his potential nadir. He ain't going to get any better. So it wouldn't be a surprise if they do move him in a trade which McSnead should really consider. Evans may be traded r cut because he ain't getting any better and he sucked last evening. Rose will def be cut. He just totally sucked as well. DB Hall is gone. Just plain lost. He consistently got beat alot last night. Yeast is another one that just isn't ready for the Pro game.

On the positive side, I truly believe Bryce Perkins is ready to take over the QB duties should Stafford go down for an extended period of time. He is decisive, his throwing confidence is very evident, and I also believe he will be our next QB for the future. Plus the guy is a great scrambler. Ragas may have earned a roster spot. He had a decent game. Howe is a keeper for sure. So is Isom and Durant is a def keeper. McCutcheon needs no further assessment. He is def the real deal and he may force Skowronek to be cut. At least now Jefferson can take his time coming back from injury.

The rest of the guys' grades in this article are pretty spot on. We shall see how all of this plays out.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a real good analysis of potential keepers and cutters on the Rams roster. This may be the end of the road for Evans has he totally struggled last night and along with Kolone were the only two offensive player to play the entire game! Evans and Bruss were just plain bad. Kolone played well enough to be back on the PS being groomed at Center. Bruss will probably go on temp IR. Calais, the smallest of our roster backs will make Rose expendable and out the door.

On Defense, Hummel played well and Gervase was meh. So the next cut-down date may see the departure of Bobby Evans for good. I don't think they bring him back under any capacity unless the injury bug breaks but even still, he just is a bad player at this point. Another example of the horrendous drafting decisions of O-lineman by the Rams.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next Cut-down day for the 2022 season will be Tuesday, August 30, 2022. Teams have to get to the active 53-man roster on that date and the formation of the PS that is 16 players this year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea LTR. I sort of thought something bad was coming down on that dude after that injury last night. He was going to be a back-up this season anyways and he is another in a long line of just bad O-lineman drafted by McSnead or as I call them McShit-fer-Brains. There is a def problem with the Rams scouting department when it comes to O-lineman and smallish WRs and RBs taken in the early rounds. I don't know who is responsible for finding the next O-lineman in the draft because they suck. I truly believe that McShit-fer-Brains really did not do much due diligence on Bruss but took the majority of the evidence to draft him in the Third from recommendations from Edwards and Havenstein.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is somewhat of a shocker. Blanton gets cut. He was having a crappy camp and preseason. They may bring him back though but it looks like they are going with Higbee, Hopkins, and Harris with Carter on the PS to start the season. Calais and Rose are gone which were expected. McVea on the defense is gone. McVea will probably be back on the PS. They should have added Hall and Yeast too. Evans survives so far. McVay likes him is one reason but he sucked badly last night.