• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason Game 2- Houston Texans @ Los Angeles Rams, SoFi Stadium, Friday, 08/19/22, 7:00PM, PST

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans come to town on Friday night to face the Rams at SoFi Stadium. I am quite sure we will continue to see the Second Tier guys as we have discovered some of these players are having break-out games while others are shown the door because they suck so bad. We will probably see Perkins again at QB and maybe Wolford as Perez has been cut already. The running game will be featured again as the Rams need to really start evaluating their stable of injury-prone Minibacks, We also maybe will see OKO in his new unis. Should be fun.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD and Havenstein go at it in practice. Havenstein lost his helmet. The Rams really should have drafted Trevor Penning who just a beast and loves to mix-it-up!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looking at this team right now and after watching last seasons week 18 vs 49ers today on NFL network, I am a bit worried about our Oline. Corbett and Big Whit gone?? Being fair Corbett excelled in LA and was a bust in Cleveland. Whit was old. Can their level of play be replaced? Perhaps. Our WRs are better. TEs more experienced too. RBs? I dunno. Stafford healthy? I think so

The defense i am pretty pumped and think we actually could be a lot better against the run with Bobby W and Jones up the middle. Pass rush is a question mark with Von gone and Floyd’s health, but Dline, ILB and DBs look strong.

So what do we need?

I looked at our draft picks coming the next 2 years because we know they will make moves if needed

2023 we have a 2nd, 3rd, two comp 5ths, three 6th of which 1 is a comp.

2024 we have all our picks!!

So if the Oline does hold up and we stay healthy on D, I guess we get another OLB?

What rookies or 2nd year guys surprise?

That San Fran game was brutal. Couldn’t run the ball at all and Stafford running for his life in the 2nd half. Time will tell

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shelton moves into RG and Noteboom into left tackle and our back-ups are adequate. Always a question though under McShit-fer-Brains. The elbow with Stafford is going to be THE question this year. I really believe that Perkins is going to emerge as the new James Harris and we will be O.K. If Stafford goes down for extended period, I see us going forward with Perkins and Wolford and the Rams will be back Perez on the PS.

Pass protection will be good. Noteboom has beefed-up to 325lbs and Shelton is head and shoulders above everyone else at RG at least in practice. Our running game is still a big question not so much from the O-line perspective but because our backs are so small and not very durable and we just have not developed a good consistent running game with pass-happy coaches for the last several years since we had Gurleymon. That may change with the new OC, Coen who is running-game minded more so than coach in out history during the McVay era.

McShit-fer-Brains has an opportunity to keep two big backs in Rose and Ragas but McShit-fer-Brains has already leaked that he is favoring the 4 smallest backs of Akers, Henderson, Funk, and Williams as the keepers. He is just too short-sighted in this issue and there is real good chance that this will come back to bite us more often than not.

We may suffer the Snooperbowl hang-over and not make it back because of injuries and these issues along with personnel inadequacies not addressed in this last draft and FA period.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shelton moves into RG and Noteboom into left tackle and our back-ups are adequate. Always a question though under McShit-fer-Brains. The elbow with Stafford is going to be THE question this year. I really believe that Perkins is going to emerge as the new James Harris and we will be O.K. If Stafford goes down for extended period, I see us going forward with Perkins and Wolford and the Rams will be back Perez on the PS.

Pass protection will be good. Noteboom has beefed-up to 325lbs and Shelton is head and shoulders above everyone else at RG at least in practice. Our running game is still a big question not so much from the O-line perspective but because our backs are so small and not very durable and we just have not developed a good consistent running game with pass-happy coaches for the last several years since we had Gurleymon. That may change with the new OC, Coen who is running-game minded more so than coach in out history during the McVay era.

McShit-fer-Brains has an opportunity to keep two big backs in Rose and Ragas but McShit-fer-Brains has already leaked that he is favoring the 4 smallest backs of Akers, Henderson, Funk, and Williams as the keepers. He is just too short-sighted in this issue and there is real good chance that this will come back to bite us more often than not.

We may suffer the Snooperbowl hang-over and not make it back because of injuries and these issues along with personnel inadequacies not addressed in this last draft and FA period.
According to Rams website:

Akers: 5-10 217
Ragas- 5-10 214
Rose- 6-1 212
Hendo- 5-8 208
Funk- 5-10 205
Williams- 5-9 194
Calais- 5-8 188

Akers is more bowling ball than all the RB’s. And Rose is too light for his size.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beutimous. Its Lance McCutcheon again!! Wolford pass deep left to L. McCutcheon to LA 42 for 22 yards

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! OKO is rambunctious! Okoronkwo, Neutral Zone Infraction, 5 yards, enforced at HST 37 - No Play.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice wheels Wolford. J. Wolford scrambles up the middle to Houston 28 for 4 yards.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston getting called for some penalties. FIRST DOWN!!