• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prescott vs. Winning / Losing Teams / Stats

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He also missed a wide open Austin that would have been six. Missed a wide open Cooper in a critical third down, overthrow a wide open Cobb where we could have had another big play and took two bad sacks. His receivers missed some but he threw behind his guys consistently and could not exploit a depleted secondary. Stop making excuses. Some of those drops you cite were high and behind the receiver. He makes critical throws and we are in OT at least. He could NOT lead his team to a TD against a depleted Eagles team with his unit almost intact. He is who he is.

I’m not making excuses. They said 6 drops. I only saw 3. And I saw a great catch by Cobb on 4rth down.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said 6 drops. Copper 1, Wit 1 , Gallup 1. Not sure the other 3.
Yeah, a bunch of drops but only two were absolute no doubt drops that I recall. Dak didn't play well and it didn't appear to be because of the shoulder. Lots of bad throws and big bad throws and lots of bad decisions. Not saying other guys played well per se` and the coaching was atrocious (deciding if I want to write the paragraph in my head about all that went wrong), but Dak shit the bed today and even with everything else that went wrong we could have won by double digits if he played well. He really hasn't been consistently good for a while now. When he didn't throw it at Zeke's feet and got sacked on 2nd down at the end and they went right to Garrett I said you just lost your job on that play...

Can't say anything I saw today surprised me as it went about as I expected across the board

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobb had at least one......he usually has multiple drops every week
I hope you aren't referring to the one that Buck called a drop where he was diving going left to right across the middle almost on the ground. I thought Aikman was going to LOL after Buck called that a drop...

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not making excuses. They said 6 drops. I only saw 3. And I saw a great catch by Cobb on 4rth down.
3, 6 or what ever he was horrible but we can not lay everything on him. He had plenty of help in this loss.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3, 6 or what ever he was horrible but we can not lay everything on him. He had plenty of help in this loss.

Not blaming it all on Cobb / Dak/ whoever. Aikman said it best about Dak though- he has been off for awhile now. Part I’m sure is Amaris injury. I said no excuses and I’m trying not to make any but 2nd and 4 from the 19 after the two minute warning - hand the damn ball to Zeke at least once. You have all your timeouts.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you aren't referring to the one that Buck called a drop where he was diving going left to right across the middle almost on the ground. I thought Aikman was going to LOL after Buck called that a drop...

No it was one that was a hair high but he got both hands on it and it just went through them. It was a drop but not a perfect throw either

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it was one that was a hair high but he got both hands on it and it just went through them. It was a drop but not a perfect throw either
Hmmm...I didn't think that was a drop either but yeah ot was much closer to one. It could have been caught but when you are jumping and also fully extended upwards it isn't easy to reach back and make the play even when you get both hands on it. I guess my bigger problem calling it a drop was that the throw was worse than the "drop" IMHO.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cooper drop before half was huge. The gallop drop on the deep ball was bigger

some can blame Dak but to me, he's way drown the pecking order

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cooper drop before half was huge. The gallop drop on the deep ball was bigger

Dak is not way down on mine, the drops, his inaccuracy, and Moore were the main culprits in this loss.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They all sucked. Except Zeke, I thought he ran hard. When he wasn't taking homself out of the game

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He wasn’t great but he didn’t get much help. The drops... and the all to familiar defensive lapses...

Just another frustrating game that was similar to what we’ve seen all too often this season.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually thought Peterson/Wentz, as good as they seemed to be, kept us in it today. Those FGs were just stupid. The 3rd and 1 and 4rth and 1 passes on the same drive weren’t even close. The time out before half to set up a 3rd and 6 with 39 seconds left. ??

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The last three games agains the Eagles, the Dolphins scored 37, the Redskins 27 and the Giants 17. We scored 9. Our defense held an NFL team to 17 points.

The Eagles were vulnerable against the pass.

Dak and some poor and untimely play calling and some awful coaching led to the loss. Team came out flat. If not for bone headed decisions by Eagles, this is the Bears game all over again.

Once again, Dak is a middle of the road QB. His record against winning teams since 2016 is putrid and alarming. Big Red has not helped, but don’t expect miracles from a guy has been given a ton of talent and has not delivered against good teams.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Jason Garrett's 9 full seasons of coaching, the COWBOYS in the regular season, have been 8 - 8 ...four times (if they beat the Skins that is)....The COWBOYS in those 9 seasons have had 3 seasons with 10 wins or more.

Garrett's mediocre record doesn't even begin to reflect, his poor coaching decisions.

The biggest play of the game tonight.....NO Cobb, No Cooper

Zeke Elliot was out the game when Pollard fumbled. (Zeke took himself out) The COWBOYS should have burned a timeout......to make sure he was ok, to keep him in the game.

Demarcus Lawrence out on a key third down play.
The COWBOYS tonight, went to the locker room, at half time with 3 time outs not used.

The COWBOYS refuse to run play action passes when opponent's defenses have 8 men in the box.
It seems Moore and Garrett get it in their head, that the COWBOYS have to run the ball on ALL first downs.
The COWBOYS are 0 and 8 when trailing at half time.

Garrett and Jones need to be fired.

Campo
Gailey
Phillips
Garrett
"1 out of any 500 coaches in America" Switzer

Last edited:

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Dak killing it again versus another poor team with a MASH unit. Amazing what he can do when he has all the time in the world and Zeke is averaging over 6 yards per run. Hope we have a balanced view of Dak heading into negotiations and decisions on whether to sign him or not for 40 million per year versus 30 to 35 million.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak killing it again versus another poor team with a MASH unit. Amazing what he can do when he has all the time in the world and Zeke is averaging over 6 yards per run. Hope we have a balanced view of Dak heading into negotiations and decisions on whether to sign him or not for 40 million per year versus 30 to 35 million.
Just stop it already. I don't know who is more painful to read talking about Dak, you or Earl. It's like Tony Romo all over again...

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just stop it already. I don't know who is more painful to read talking about Dak, you or Earl. It's like Tony Romo all over again...

Fair enough. LOL. I personally liked Romo and did not bash him. He could beat good teams consistently but would also do some boneheaded things. Hope Dak keeps getting better against good teams and good defenses. However, please do correct me if I have said anything incorrect about Dak. I like him and think he is a good guy and good leader and an NFL QB. Just not sure he has gotten over the hump against good defenses. See record versus teams with winning records since 2016.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. LOL. I personally liked Romo and did not bash him. He could beat good teams consistently but would also do some boneheaded things. Hope Dak keeps getting better against good teams and good defenses. However, please do correct me if I have said anything incorrect about Dak. I like him and think he is a good guy and good leader and an NFL QB. Just not sure he has gotten over the hump against good defenses. See record versus teams with winning records since 2016.
Why discount 2016? Because it doesn't fit the narrative? That's cherry picking

IMHO:
You unfairly criticize him. It seems every close play he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from you and a drop is always his fault and a big play is often in spite of him. I think you are so deep down the Dak isn't good rabbit hole that it drives a good portion of what you say he and you almost seem to revel in him having a bad game.

He had a really good year. He made some great throws this year, improved on his deep balls tremendously and also the intermediate passes and crossing patterns which are tough throws and is a totally different QB than what he was in the past. Yes, his receivers and coordinator were better and of course this helped his numbers and how he looked but they also had some of the same issues Dak did in big spots. Yes, he put up some stinkers in big spots and no one objective will debate that and yes he still needs to improve on the mental side of the game and with his accuracy at times but he had a damn good year and if we had the defense we were supposed to and even average STs we win 10+ games easily and are a solid playoff team. Our field position was putrid in most of those big games from what I recall. Dak wasn't great and I'm not trying to say he was, but he was good and he carried our running game a Hell of a lot more than our disappointing run game carried him. This narrative that this is a running team is just wrong. :2cents: