• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle didnt "get their legs" until Atlanta started playing the stupid prevent defense.

It wasn't prevent defense the entire way. Honestly, if you look at the defensive schemes, you honestly think Mike Nolan was playing prevent when Seattle was only 2 scores away?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't prevent defense the entire way. Honestly, if you look at the defensive schemes, you honestly think Mike Nolan was playing prevent when Seattle was only 2 scores away?

Absolutely he was. Not the typical prevent but he was not blitzing, he was running a straight zone scheme, he was playing VERY vanilla trying to make Seattle have long sustained drives to eat up time. Problem was there was still a full quarter left when he started to do that so it made it easy for them. No big deal though, we won and I am sure it wont happen again this week if we are fortunate enough to have a lead.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Probably did the same thing we did against New England in that we got the lead and called off the dogs to try to make the Patriots keep things short to eat up clock.

It's actually the same thing we did against the Packers late except that time it worked perfectly.

The main problem with doing this is you're largely dependent on your offense to sustain drives and not give up the ball quickly which is what screwed us over against NE and what almost screwed over Atlanta against Seattle.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
One thing I will predict is I think we go with a lot of passing especially play action early on.

This game is starting to remind me of the regular season Giants game last season in that the Giants were so convinced we would run on them Harbaugh featured a lot of passing instead.

So I actually expect the same thing here because I think the Falcons are very much focused on making sure CK and to a lesser extent Gore doesn't run all over them that they are going to be susceptible to the pass especially early on.

Because for the Falcons the two things that would give them practically no shot at winning the game is if Ryan gets a steady dose of pressure from the pass rush and/or the 9ers are able to run at will on their defense. If one of those happens it hurts but they still have a legit shot but if both of those things happen they have no shot.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers 31
Falcons 16

ATL struggles to finish off drives and the 49ers take advantage of 3 Matt Ryan turnovers.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers 31
Falcons 16

ATL struggles to finish off drives and the 49ers take advantage of 3 Matt Ryan turnovers.

if its 3 TO's to zero, the difference will likely be higher?

[assuming none of the 3 are hail mary INT's]

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely he was. Not the typical prevent but he was not blitzing, he was running a straight zone scheme, he was playing VERY vanilla trying to make Seattle have long sustained drives to eat up time. Problem was there was still a full quarter left when he started to do that so it made it easy for them. No big deal though, we won and I am sure it wont happen again this week if we are fortunate enough to have a lead.

Nolan never once ran anything even remotely close to a prevent defense and he blitzed 3 times more in the second half than he did in the first.

Perhaps the problem was that Wilson just ripped your blitzes to shreds, completing 6/6 for 99 yards. Three or four times Wilson hit his hot to Miller. He and Lynch added 14 yards on the ground on two blitzes as well.

Do they have TV's in Iowa?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan never once ran anything even remotely close to a prevent defense and he blitzed 3 times more in the second half than he did in the first.

Perhaps the problem was that Wilson just ripped your blitzes to shreds, completing 6/6 for 99 yards. Three or four times Wilson hit his hot to Miller. He and Lynch added 14 yards on the ground on two blitzes as well.

Do they have TV's in Iowa?

Atlanta blitzed 0 times in the fourth quarter. Very vanilla. I love you B, even if you dont have anything remotely close to the truth you make shit up and call other people stupid when they disagree. LOL, thats your forte so stick with it man!!!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only play in the 4th quarter that could even remotely be considered a blitz was on the Seahawks last TD when Weatherspoon got to Wilson but he got away from him and threw the TD to Lynch. Not sure that was even a blitz though since weatherspoon didnt rush Wilson right away. Looked more like a blown assignment on his part since I am assuming he was supposed to have Lynch out of the backfield but went after Wilson trying to make a play. Either that or we just decided not to cover Lynch.... If thats the case then Id throw that play out of the playbook.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta blitzed 0 times in the fourth quarter. Very vanilla. I love you B, even if you dont have anything remotely close to the truth you make shit up and call other people stupid when they disagree. LOL, thats your forte so stick with it man!!!

Atlanta 4th Quarter Blitzes:

@ 10:40 #28 (DeCoud) came from the left slot - Play was a handoff to Lynch which DeCoud trailed through the A-Gap to assist on the tackle

@ 7:23 #23 (Robinson) came on a corner blitz (L) - Wilson scrambles for 9Yds

@ 0:44 #56 (Weatherspoon) came through the A-Gap on a LB blitz and chased Wilson from the pocket where he finds Lynch for the 24 yard pass to set up 1st & goal. (You can see the replay of this at NFL.com)

One correction to my previous post - Wilson was 5/6 not 6/6.

To address your accusation that I make shit up - Not my style junior. When you know football as well as I do, you don't have to make anything up - I might be a fucking prick, POS asshole, but I'm definitely not a liar.

And, since I am trying to curb my appetite for calling idiots, idiots I'll not call you an idiot.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same thing will happen as last year...

The visiting team comes in and beats the home team!
GO NINERS!

(I stole that from someone, but thought that was a good twist. Predictable, I guess, but I was thinking of the two fumbles.)

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta 4th Quarter Blitzes:

@ 10:40 #28 (DeCoud) came from the left slot - Play was a handoff to Lynch which DeCoud trailed through the A-Gap to assist on the tackle

@ 7:23 #23 (Robinson) came on a corner blitz (L) - Wilson scrambles for 9Yds

@ 0:44 #56 (Weatherspoon) came through the A-Gap on a LB blitz and chased Wilson from the pocket where he finds Lynch for the 24 yard pass to set up 1st & goal. (You can see the replay of this at NFL.com)

One correction to my previous post - Wilson was 5/6 not 6/6.

To address your accusation that I make shit up - Not my style junior. When you know football as well as I do, you don't have to make anything up - I might be a fucking prick, POS asshole, but I'm definitely not a liar.

And, since I am trying to curb my appetite for calling idiots, idiots I'll not call you an idiot.

So you make up a bunch of shit OR dont know what you are looking at and expect me to fell bad??? LOL. OK.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B I looked at your Stuff and you were right on 2 of the 3. So Atlanta blitzed 2 times in the 4th quarter and thats alot??? I appreciate the research though. You got me on 1 extra blitz other than the Weatherspoon one I already talked about.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B I looked at your Stuff and you were right on 2 of the 3. So Atlanta blitzed 2 times in the 4th quarter and thats alot??? I appreciate the research though. You got me on 1 extra blitz other than the Weatherspoon one I already talked about.

2 of 3? Are you sure? Because less than 24 hours ago you claimed "Atlanta blitzed 0 times in the fourth quarter."; shortly after which you suggested Weatherspoons blitz looked more like blown assignment. Of course all of this came after swearing that Nolan played a prevent defense for an entire quarter.:laugh3:

As for the 3rd blitz, I'll just assume you believe it was actually a timeout; keep up the good work kid.:clap: