• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the last game against Atl we had had the game won like the Seahawks last week! Time for one on the road!!

How does anyone figure Seattle had the game won?? Because the Atlanta kicker kicked a FG after he already knew the whistle had blown??? LOL. Atlanta dominated the game, let up, got caught and then made plays to win at the end. That happens sometimes but lets not pretend it was some miracle Altanta won when they led for 59:31 of a 60 minute game and MOST of that time by 10+ points.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was piss poor defense at the end with 31 sec. left. A good recovery on the kick. Just ran out of time!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
QB - Falcons

Tough one for me because if CK plays like he did against GB then it's really close but I'll give Ryan the edge because of the body of work and consistency.

RB - 49ers

Another one I consider close but I believe Gore gives the 9ers the edge over the Falcons in this one.

OL - 49ers

Don't think anyone would argue with this one.

TE - Falcons

I think Vernon is the superior talent but the Falcons make use of Tony far more. But if you throw Walker in there then I would give a slight edge to the 9ers

WR - Falcons

Don't think anyone would disagree here. Crabtree has been outstanding as of late but outside of there hasn't been anyone else especially since Mario went down

DL - 9ers

Don't see any disagreements here.

LB - 9ers

This one isn't even close.

Secondary - 9ers

This one is closer then the other two but I still would pick the 9ers secondary over the Falcons.

Special Teams - 9ers

I only gave the 9ers the edge because Andy Lee is outstanding but with Akers struggles I could buy an argument for the Falcons on this one.

Coaching - 9ers

I don't think anyone would choose the Falcons overall staff over the 9ers. That's not to put down the Falcon's staff because you have to be well coached to be in the NFC Championship game.

As of now I'm going to go 30-24 49ers.

On defense the 9ers should get a much better pass rush on Ryan and are much better at stopping the run then Seattle is. 9ers secondary isn't quite as Seattle's but they are pretty close and both are tough against deep passes.

On offense the 9ers clearly won't have it as easy as the Green Bay game but with Abraham severely gimped even if he plays and the threat of CK's scrambling I don't think the Falcons are going to generate much of a pass rush. Atlanta was impressive at stuffing the run but I don't think they'll be quite as successful this week because they are going against a better offensive line and a more complex attack in terms of personnel and formations. I think the Falcons can keep the passing attack mostly in check but if CK is throwing like he did against GB then he will hit on some big plays. Overall if CK and the offensive line is firing on all cylinders then I just don't think the Falcon's defense is good enough to shut down both the running and passing attacks.

On the flip side I can see the Falcon's winning the game if they can hit the deep passes and not miss them when they are there. 9ers secondary doesn't give up a lot of deep passes but that doesn't mean they won't and with JJ and White's speed it might be there especially if the offensive line can give Ryan the time.

On defense they've seen Newton twice and Wilson just this past Sunday so they have experience with those type of QBs. The only negative in that is they've yet to exactly shut it down and it does give the 9ers some tape in how the Falcon's defense might attack the read option. Overall though I'm struggling to build a case for the Falcon's to stop the 9ers offense and I think their best hope is to shut down the read option and Gore and hope they can confuse CK and force him into an off passing day.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB - Falcons

Tough one for me because if CK plays like he did against GB then it's really close but I'll give Ryan the edge because of the body of work and consistency.

RB - 49ers

Another one I consider close but I believe Gore gives the 9ers the edge over the Falcons in this one.

OL - 49ers

TE - Falcons

I think Vernon is the superior talent but the Falcons make use of Tony far more. But if you throw Walker in there then I would give a slight edge to the 9ers

WR - Falcons

Don't think anyone would disagree here. Crabtree has been outstanding as of late but outside of there hasn't been anyone else especially since Mario went down

DL - 9ers

LB - 9ers

Secondary - 9ers

This one is closer then the other two but I still would pick the 9ers secondary over the Falcons.

Special Teams - 9ers

I only gave the 9ers the edge because Andy Lee is outstanding but with Akers struggles I could buy an argument for the Falcons on this one.

Coaching - 9ers

I don't think anyone would choose the Falcons overall staff over the 9ers. That's not to put down the Falcon's staff because you have to be well coached to be in the NFC Championship game.

On defense the 9ers should get a much better pass rush on Ryan and are much better at stopping the run then Seattle is. 9ers secondary isn't quite as Seattle's but they are pretty close and both are tough against deep passes.

On offense the 9ers clearly won't have it as easy as the Green Bay game but with Abraham severely gimped even if he plays and the threat of CK's scrambling I don't think the Falcons are going to generate much of a pass rush. Atlanta was impressive at stuffing the run but I don't think they'll be quite as successful this week because they are going against a better offensive line and a more complex attack in terms of personnel and formations. I think the Falcons can keep the passing attack mostly in check but if CK is throwing like he did against GB then he will hit on some big plays. Overall if CK and the offensive line is firing on all cylinders then I just don't think the Falcon's defense is good enough to shut down both the running and passing attacks.

On the flip side I can see the Falcon's winning the game if they can hit the deep passes and not miss them when they are there. 9ers secondary doesn't give up a lot of deep passes but that doesn't mean they won't and with JJ and White's speed it might be there especially if the offensive line can give Ryan the time.

On defense they've seen Newton twice and Wilson just this past Sunday so they have experience with those type of QBs. The only negative in that is they've yet to exactly shut it down and it does give the 9ers some tape in how the Falcon's defense might attack the read option. Overall though I'm struggling to build a case for the Falcon's to stop the 9ers offense and I think their best hope is to shut down the read option and Gore and hope they can confuse CK and force him into an off passing day.

Pretty close to what I said but I gave a slight edge at secondary to Atlanta and an edge to the Falcons at special teams as well ( only because Akers has been so bad). Either one is arguable I suppose but my prediction was about the same as yours only reversed 31-24 Atlanta. I think it will be a good one!!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
QB - Falcons

RB - 49ers

OL - 49ers

TE - Falcons

WR - Falcons

DL - 9ers

LB - 9ers

Secondary - 9ers

Special Teams - 9ers

Coaching - 9ers

yep, on paper the 49ers are better, they're favored in Atlanta for many reasons reflected above.

so as usual in big games between good teams, who'll make the fewest mistakes? it might not take that many either, just one turnover could be the difference?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that people seem to be shortchanging the Falcons D. The D is a top 4 scoring defense, not because of their ability to stop the opposition cold but moslty because they are very adept at forcing turnovers. CK's scrambling ability is concerning because Atlanta struggled with Cam 2 times this year but Kaep and Cam arent really the same kind of runners. Cam is more physical where Kaep is more speed based which Atlanta handled pretty well with RG3 this year. I think the Niners need to get pressure and alot of it to really make Atlantas O uncomfortable. The games where Ryan has somewhat struggled this year have been vs teams that have consistently pressured and hit him most notably the Zona game. That said the pressure has to come from the from 4 because if you blitz Atlanta they will absolutely eat your lunch and it is tough to get pressure with just the front 4 because Atlanta runs SO many quick routes. This game is really interesting to me in so many ways because of the chess match that will likely occur during it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I will say that people seem to be shortchanging the Falcons D. The D is a top 4 scoring defense, not because of their ability to stop the opposition cold but moslty because they are very adept at forcing turnovers. CK's scrambling ability is concerning because Atlanta struggled with Cam 2 times this year but Kaep and Cam arent really the same kind of runners. Cam is more physical where Kaep is more speed based which Atlanta handled pretty well with RG3 this year. I think the Niners need to get pressure and alot of it to really make Atlantas O uncomfortable. The games where Ryan has somewhat struggled this year have been vs teams that have consistently pressured and hit him most notably the Zona game. That said the pressure has to come from the from 4 because if you blitz Atlanta they will absolutely eat your lunch and it is tough to get pressure with just the front 4 because Atlanta runs SO many quick routes. This game is really interesting to me in so many ways because of the chess match that will likely occur during it.

believe there were a number of posts already saying turnovers will make a big difference.....or something to that effect? so if your D does create some fine, you guys should win. but the same can be said for the 49er D, which is ALSO better at 'stopping' opponents.

prefer the Falcons throw quick routes, cause that means short routes. if we make good tackles then you'll have to earn it. your passing game gets dangerous when they make long completions, or break tackles for RAC's.

yes, it'll be a good game.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
believe there were a number of posts already saying turnovers will make a big difference.....or something to that effect? so if your D does create some fine, you guys should win. but the same can be said for the 49er D, which is ALSO better at 'stopping' opponents.

prefer the Falcons throw quick routes, cause that means short routes. if we make good tackles then you'll have to earn it. your passing game gets dangerous when they make long completions, or break tackles for RAC's.

yes, it'll be a good game.

Honestly that is what makes Atlanta so good in the pass game. Jones and White are freaking monsters and rarely go down on first contact so those 2 yard passes turn into 7-8 yard completions. Tough to stop a team when they are 2nd and short all the time.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly that is what makes Atlanta so good in the pass game. Jones and White are freaking monsters and rarely go down on first contact so those 2 yard passes turn into 7-8 yard completions. Tough to stop a team when they are 2nd and short all the time.

ok, i hope that is Atlanta's game plan - throw short a lot and HOPE they break tackles? but not every pass thrown is completed, and they'll have to throw more passes to get downfield.

this reduces their bigger threat which is longer passes.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones and White are freaking monsters and rarely go down on first contact so those 2 yard passes turn into 7-8 yard completions.

Yes, but not against a defense that tackles as well as the 49ers.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but not against a defense that tackles as well as the 49ers.

Eh that doesnt concern me in the least honestly. If Seattles big CBs couldnt deal with White and Jones then SF's littler corners wont be able to either. There are ALOT of things I am worried about on Sunday. My WR's beating the hell out of SF's corners is not even remotely close to being one of them :)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eh that doesnt concern me in the least honestly. If Seattles big CBs couldnt deal with White and Jones then SF's littler corners wont be able to either. There are ALOT of things I am worried about on Sunday. My WR's beating the hell out of SF's corners is not even remotely close to being one of them :)

and there should be.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle is the best team in the NFL at home but they are no where near as good on the road. People say oh well we beat Seattle so why couldn't we beat San Francisco? San Francisco is a better team and they are a way better road team. Not to say Atlanta couldn't beat San Francisco, they can it's just you cannot compare San Francisco to Seattle.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't wait to prove the exact opposite come Sunday.

It's funny how you mention that no one is hyping the Falcons, yet the way it sounds like, our corners don't stand a chance against your wideouts. We had the likes of Rice, Taylor, and Wilson back during the 80's so I'm familiar with wideouts who can break it after a short catch. And our corners are no slouches when it comes to tackling. I actually look forward to our RB's and QB going into the secondary bc I wouldn't feel confident in Asante Samuel's tackling abilities.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is the best team in the NFL at home but they are no where near as good on the road. People say oh well we beat Seattle so why couldn't we beat San Francisco? San Francisco is a better team and they are a way better road team. Not to say Atlanta couldn't beat San Francisco, they can it's just you cannot compare San Francisco to Seattle.

Don't forget Seattle took a heavy shot during their back to back road trips in DC and down in ATL and were fatigued from it. Not taking anything away from ATL, but you can see Seattle didn't get their legs back until after halftime. You can ask the Niners about fatigue in their back to back trips to New England followed by a trip to Seattle.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and there should be.

Well of course. You dont make it to a conference title game without being really fucking good or at least playing really well currently. SF is a VERY good team ( as is Atlanta) so why wouldnt I be worried?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Seattle took a heavy shot during their back to back road trips in DC and down in ATL and were fatigued from it. Not taking anything away from ATL, but you can see Seattle didn't get their legs back until after halftime. You can ask the Niners about fatigue in their back to back trips to New England followed by a trip to Seattle.

Seattle didnt "get their legs" until Atlanta started playing the stupid prevent defense.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to prove the exact opposite come Sunday.

It's funny how you mention that no one is hyping the Falcons, yet the way it sounds like, our corners don't stand a chance against your wideouts. We had the likes of Rice, Taylor, and Wilson back during the 80's so I'm familiar with wideouts who can break it after a short catch. And our corners are no slouches when it comes to tackling. I actually look forward to our RB's and QB going into the secondary bc I wouldn't feel confident in Asante Samuel's tackling abilities.

Honestly?? Your CBs dont have a fucking chance unless your DL gets pressure ( which is entirely possible). Not downgrading your secondary, its good. Just there isnt a secondary in the league that can matchup with White, Jones, Gonzalez, Douglas without getting pressure. Its not a bash on you guys, just thats how good our wideouts are. I mean thatd would be like me saying our DL is going to have a great chance to dominate your OL. SF's scecondary has a good of a chance at shutting down our wideouts as Atlantas DL does of crushing your OL.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly?? Your CBs dont have a fucking chance unless your DL gets pressure ( which is entirely possible). Not downgrading your secondary, its good. Just there isnt a secondary in the league that can matchup with White, Jones, Gonzalez, Douglas without getting pressure. Its not a bash on you guys, just thats how good our wideouts are. I mean thatd would be like me saying our DL is going to have a great chance to dominate your OL. SF's scecondary has a good of a chance at shutting down our wideouts as Atlantas DL does of crushing your OL.

Honestly, I think the Niners secondary has a better chance of stepping up against your wideouts than ATL's DL has on dominating our OL.