• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One thing I can promise you is that NO ONE is hyping the Falcons. Hell I think the majority of the "experts" have picked them to lose every big game this year. It wont be any different this week. Im 100% sure that most of the people getting paid to pick these games will be picking SF. Just like they picked Dnever, the Giants, the Seahawks etc.

they'll pick or 'hype' the 49ers because on paper, they're better. this doesn't mean they'll automatically win the game, but can you blame them for picking the better team?

trust me, i really respect "on any given Sunday", so i'm FAR from thinking it is a blowout. far from thinking it'll be an easy win.

every fan wants respect for their team, so all Atlanta has to do is KEEP winning. then you're team would have earned it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they'll pick or 'hype' the 49ers because on paper, they're better. this doesn't mean they'll automatically win the game, but can you blame them for picking the better team?

trust me, i really respect "on any given Sunday", so i'm FAR from thinking it is a blowout. far from thinking it'll be an easy win.

every fan wants respect for their team, so all Atlanta has to do is KEEP winning. then you're team would have earned it.

If 14-3 doesnt get you respect then 15-3 isnt going to either :) Its cool though. Respect is fine but trophies are nicer.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if its cool, why did you complain about it?

Wasnt complaining. Just addressing the OP of people "hyping" the falcons. That simply has not happened this year in any manner shape or form. If anything it has been the opposite, with experts claiming they werent very good. Didnt complain about it, just saying what it is. :)

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's face it, the Falcons deserved to be the number 1 seed so I'll give credit where it's due. They are a solid team that is being undermined for various reasons but they deserve more respect than what they're getting (perhaps I'm being naive but I'll always give it the benefit of the doubt).

Also, with Tony G being a former Cal player, IMO he will go down as arguably the best TE the game has ever seen. Also, one of the Falcon fans stated about how they have the advantage in QB, WR, RB, and TE and the secondary. Some of those are debatable - I'll give the edge to the WR and TE spots for the Falcons along with QB, although the advantage in QB isn't as great as one may think. Also, there's no question the 49ers have the better OL.

In terms of defense, well, I'm with Ray D on this one - the secondary of the Niners is deeper than the Falcons and are better tacklers (something that we all know Asante Samuel doesn't quite excel at). However, we can all argue back and forth about which positions each team has the advantage in, but the bottomline is that football games are won in the trenches, and everything else comes secondary. If the Niners OL can dictate the scrimmage with their running and passing attack and Aldon Smith and Brooks can apply that same pressure they got on AR12 last week, I'm liking our chances.

Food for thought here: The Niners have played Rodgers twice, Brees once, Brady once, Stafford once, and Russell Wilson twice. It's safe to say we have played against some big game QB's and have held our own. Additionally, this game reminds me of the Cowboys and Niners back in the 90's before the 49ers Defense was revamped with the likes of Norton, Sanders, Jackson, Dent, BY, Woodall, and Plummer. That 49er offense had star power in Young, Rice, Taylor, Watters, our OL, and Brent Jones (who was the 2nd best TE in the NFC behind Jay Novacek of the boys). However, those Niner teams fell because Dallas the better overall team. There is no question that the Niners are a pretty solid team overall. They already were before CK7 arrived in the scenes, and now that the 49ers have a legit duel threat in the QB position, they are even that much more versatile in what they can do.

I'm not here to trash talk Falcon fans and disrespect their team, because they are a legitimate threat, but for the above reasons, I feel confident that the Niners will advance.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wasnt complaining. Just addressing the OP of people "hyping" the falcons. That simply has not happened this year in any manner shape or form. If anything it has been the opposite, with experts claiming they werent very good. Didnt complain about it, just saying what it is. :)

uh...ok

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It will be us winnig it All against Terrific Tom and the Pats without Gronk!! Go 49ers! Not to many have it better than us!!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be us winnig it All against Terrific Tom and the Pats without Gronk!! Go 49ers! Not to many have it better than us!!

One game at a time bruh, one game at a time. I'm a little concerned with all the TV pundits picking the Niners. I don't want to give the Falcons any extra motivation.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game at a time bruh, one game at a time. I'm a little concerned with all the TV pundits picking the Niners. I don't want to give the Falcons any extra motivation.

TT Atlanta has been disrespected all year so TV pundits picking against them doesnt matter at all to them I can promise you that much. Cant remember the last time a 1 seed was ever so "terrible" :)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT Atlanta has been disrespected all year so TV pundits picking against them doesnt matter at all to them I can promise you that much. Cant remember the last time a 1 seed was ever so "terrible" :)

You know how coaches are with "bulletin board material" though. I don't want the Falcons coming out feeling angry and disrespected. I want them coming out soft and satisfied after finally geting the playoff win monkey off their backs.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
34-21 49ers win in a game similar to the Packers game. Close early but then the Niners physicality wears down the Falcons and eventually pull away.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers 35
Falcons 33

I could see that. This game is going to be higher scoring than peole think IMO just because the strengths of each teams offense correlates with the bigger weakness of the other teams defense. I think 55-65 points combined is a good bet, could be more.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You know how coaches are with "bulletin board material" though. I don't want the Falcons coming out feeling angry and disrespected. I want them coming out soft and satisfied after finally geting the playoff win monkey off their backs.

When it comes to the NFC Championship game I don't think bulletin board material really has an effect because this is for a trip to Super Bowl and with that should be all the motivation you need.

And besides people haven't been sold on the Falcons all season so I doubt people picking the 9ers is going to give them any extra motivation.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to the NFC Championship game I don't think bulletin board material really has an effect because this is for a trip to Super Bowl and with that should be all the motivation you need.

And besides people haven't been sold on the Falcons all season so I doubt people picking the 9ers is going to give them any extra motivation.

Reminds me of 98 when Atlanta was 15-2 and had won like 14 straight games going into the NFC title game yet all you heard was how the Vikings were going to blow them out. I got to watch that game drinking purple beer at my fraternity house in Minneapolis. LOL. Needless to say the night ended well for me :)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I could see that. This game is going to be higher scoring than peole think IMO just because the strengths of each teams offense correlates with the bigger weakness of the other teams defense. I think 55-65 points combined is a good bet, could be more.

if there are none or only a few turnovers, should be a close game?

the 49ers D is good but can't shut down the Falcons. so hoping we can hold you guys to a few more field goal that otherwise would be TD's?

hope the Falcons don't return the favor, cause we don't want a "field goal shoot out".

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people are going to hype the Falcons in this one. Matty Ice is a quarterback of destiny and all that crap. Personally, what I saw against the Seahawks was an average football team who was given several gifts in the 1st half and blew the game. The Falcons D was toothless. Against our oline, it won't be close.

Prediction: 35-10 with seven coming in garbage time.

I doubt it...I'm going with the upset. Falcons take it 24-21.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if there are none or only a few turnovers, should be a close game?

the 49ers D is good but can't shut down the Falcons. so hoping we can hold you guys to a few more field goal that otherwise would be TD's?

hope the Falcons don't return the favor, cause we don't want a "field goal shoot out".

LOL, cant say I blame you there. I think the game is going to be close for sure. Both teams are good. I honestly in my heart of hearts think SF is probably the slightly better team ( although I felt the same about Seattle) but with the game being at home I think it sets up well for us. Cant see it being decided by more than a TD either way unless one team just turns it over 2-3 times more than the other team. Key for Atlanta is to get off to a good start. SF, for how great they are, is not a strong starting team ( ranked like 27th in the league for 1st quarter ppg). If Atlanta can get out to an early lead then it should be an exciting finish.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And besides people haven't been sold on the Falcons all season so I doubt people picking the 9ers is going to give them any extra motivation.[/QUOTE]

Hope not.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the last game against Atl we had had the game won like the Seahawks last week! Time for one on the road!!