• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prediction Time

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you Eagles fans think of game 1 against my Redskins at FedEx Field? Are you guys feeling optimistic, worried, confident etc? Would like to get some good conversation on the first game this season.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you Eagles fans think of game 1 against my Redskins at FedEx Field? Are you guys feeling optimistic, worried, confident etc? Would like to get some good conversation on the first game this season.

How can anyone judge anything with their teams after one preseason game?
Not trying to bust your thread man, but its a little early....

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit too early to tell. The deciding factor will most likely be the Eagles D or lack of it.

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can anyone judge anything with their teams after one preseason game?
Not trying to bust your thread man, but its a little early....

In the same breath, how can anyone judge a team from only preseason.

As fans, we read, listen, and watch the team all off season. We know weaknesses, strengths, and improvements. You guys should be able to have some kind of idea by now as to how your team is going to fare.

For instance, allow me to start.

Considering the Eagles had a down season, it's hard to say how they bounce back. However, I don't think from a talent standpoint that the team was a 4-12 team. I do believe that a culture team can bring the best out of a team. I think Chip Kelly's presence will revitalize the team and can generate an explosive offense. With McCoy back and healthy, Kelly will utilize him and all the team's strengths. I don't think he will be as stubborn as Reid and will utilize Vick or Foles in the best way possible. With that said, a coaching change doesn't always yield immediate success. It may take a few regular season games before the Eagles are able to get things going.

That's where the Redskins come in. They are bringing back a very healthy and potent offense. With RG3, Garcon, Davis, and Helu back 100% healthy, they are poised to have another big year. Defensively, they struggled last year. They are will be relying on a lot of youth to help them this year. That is good and bad. With it being the first game of the season, they will need time - particularly Rambo who will start at FS. I worry what DJax can do to him. Having Orakpo back is huge in order to generate pressure to help the secondary. However, we are down to our 3rd option at starting DE and McCoy can give us nightmares. The Iggles are versatile on offense especially with Chip Kelly and could expose the Redskins defense.

My VERY biased pick, has the Redskins winning Monday night at FedEx 27-20.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles 25

Redskins 21

Yes, Philly will go for 2 somewhere in there.

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In the same breath, how can anyone judge a team from only preseason.

As fans, we read, listen, and watch the team all off season. We know weaknesses, strengths, and improvements. You guys should be able to have some kind of idea by now as to how your team is going to fare.

For instance, allow me to start.

Considering the Eagles had a down season, it's hard to say how they bounce back. However, I don't think from a talent standpoint that the team was a 4-12 team. I do believe that a culture team can bring the best out of a team. I think Chip Kelly's presence will revitalize the team and can generate an explosive offense. With McCoy back and healthy, Kelly will utilize him and all the team's strengths. I don't think he will be as stubborn as Reid and will utilize Vick or Foles in the best way possible. With that said, a coaching change doesn't always yield immediate success. It may take a few regular season games before the Eagles are able to get things going.

That's where the Redskins come in. They are bringing back a very healthy and potent offense. With RG3, Garcon, Davis, and Helu back 100% healthy, they are poised to have another big year. Defensively, they struggled last year. They are will be relying on a lot of youth to help them this year. That is good and bad. With it being the first game of the season, they will need time - particularly Rambo who will start at FS. I worry what DJax can do to him. Having Orakpo back is huge in order to generate pressure to help the secondary. However, we are down to our 3rd option at starting DE and McCoy can give us nightmares. The Iggles are versatile on offense especially with Chip Kelly and could expose the Redskins defense.

My VERY biased pick, has the Redskins winning Monday night at FedEx 27-20.

I think it'd be much easier to predict if the Eagles didn't blow their team up and start over. Then we'd have something to go on. I don't think we'll really know what the Eagles are about this year until about week four of the regular season.

But since I'm thinking an 8-8 year from the Eagles would be a significant upgrade from last, and I think the Redskins win the division, I'm going 27-17, Redskins. But if Washington falls asleep on the Eagles or takes them lightly, you might see the Eagles offense reel off a bunch of points early. Then all bets are off.

Eagles_Phanatic

Eagles_Phanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early for me to know anything really. I believe the Redskins will prolly be able to run on the Iggles. Other than that, no solid predictions on that front.

Talk to me in about 8-10 weeks if I gotta be serious about it. I thinks it takes about that much time to evaluate on the whole. New Coach, New Regime, New Plays, New Players, New Schemes, New Base systems.

We'll know mostly what we got (and ain't got) by early-mid November of this year, imo.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not gonna explain or give a score..... I am just gonna say I think the Eagles win.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Skins beat us unfortunately. I think this team will struggle w a new defensive scheme switching into a 3-4 probably will be an issue this season personnel wise. I see us at 7-9 or 8-8.

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as the game should be favored for the Redskins, I am not discounting the Eagles by any means. I think if Chip utilizes the hurry up as much as I have been hearing about, they can exploit the Redskins defense. Of course this is all dependent on how well whatever QB is under center is running it.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Skins beat us unfortunately. I think this team will struggle w a new defensive scheme switching into a 3-4 probably will be an issue this season personnel wise. I see us at 7-9 or 8-8.

what does this do for Chip's seat? I know to anyone else 7-9, 8-8 is a great season after coming off 3 wins. But I hear Philly media/local fans are very intense and don't allow losing for long. Does a 7-9 8-8 season make Chips first year a success? Or do people start calling for his head or at least to warm his seat up?

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does this do for Chip's seat? I know to anyone else 7-9, 8-8 is a great season after coming off 3 wins. But I hear Philly media/local fans are very intense and don't allow losing for long. Does a 7-9 8-8 season make Chips first year a success? Or do people start calling for his head or at least to warm his seat up?

Coming off a 4 win season, I think Chip has some flexibility. I think an 7-8 win season would be very tolerated and make most fans happy - even in Philly. Heck, even a 6 win season is a 50% increase in games won, but I'm not sure that will go over too well. I'm sure Kelly and management have a time table of how they want this thing to play out and they may expect the Eagles to be back in the playoffs in as little as 2 seasons. But I think 3 is more realistic.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If fans call for Chip's head after one season then i will fucking explode. The guy doesn't even have his men. Majority of the personnel are Reid's guys. I give Chip 3 years to turn this shit around. I know how impatient Philly fans are. The Eagles can use this season to grow and Chip can continue to evaluate and go into next year's draft knowing what the priorities are. Clowney would look awesome in Eagle gear.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG Clowney working under Jerry Azzinaro...WOW..

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG Clowney working under Jerry Azzinaro...WOW..

OD you got to fill me in on this inside joke that is on the college board? Somehow you are linked to Channon Tatum? Am I missing something hear? Lol