• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prediction time and game thread

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good showing by Foles
Workmanlike effort by the defense. Got stops and turnovers when they needed

Should be an interesting week to see what Kelly does next week at QB. Vick should be healthy but does Kelly use the "we are going to proceed with caution with Vick's injury" excuse to sit Vick out and start Foles?

Foles played well for sure but let's not make it like Vick sucked in this game. The Eagles were up 19-7 when Foles came in

I don't have an issue at this point if Kelly starts Foles next week. But I'm also not going to be disappointed if he went back to Vick. Either way for success this year it is going to come down to the defense. with either QB the Eagles are going to be able to move the ball and score for the most part

And that's not being in any kind of spell. That's just football and seeing the way the Eagles have been able to score with Vick and now with Foles. How about waking up from the hate spell

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles knows how to lead his receivers,he has a quick release,and that fits well for Kellys style of play. I don't care what anybody else says,Vick trys to find open receivers before he throws the ball, Foles does not hesitate,hence the receivers have a better chance of catching the ball. However,it would not surprise me,if Kelly says that Vick is still his starter. Vick may have run the ball for 71 yards, but it cost him in the end. But somehow,someway,his illusion works on coachs,but it has never worked on me. Foles should start every game from here on out. IMO.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any delay in naming Foles the starter will just cause the Eagles to flounder. Vick had a fair chance in the games so far. He's good as the backup and in special situations to change the game tempo.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he eluded during his press conference that Foles play today doesn't change anything. So if Vick is ready next week, he's starting.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People make it like Vick has been terrible this year and he hasn't been. The games lost have been mostly on the defense. Yes Vick had a bad game vs. KC but for the most part the Eagles have moved the ball and scored with Vick at QB

I don't think the Eagles are "doomed" with Vick at QB. He has quarterbacked well enough to win a couple of the games that the Eagles lost so far. The defense didn't show up for those games.

Whether Foles is at QB or Vick is it doesn't matter as far as the success of the season. The success comes down to whether or not the defense can stop other teams.

I don't have a problem with Vick starting next week. Maybe Foles should have played better during the preseason if he wanted to be the starter. Vick clearly outplayed Foles during the preseason and earned the starter spot. Vick has not played bad enough during the season so far to warrant a QB change.

Sure - if Vick is hurt then put Foles in there but if Vick is healthy then he shouldn't lose the QB starter role.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
foles is the better QB for the same reasons as last year. younger, better passer, less turnover prone and basically on vick's level already (and huge difference being, he'll keep improving.)

vick of course, creates different matchups and problems with his ability to run.

i believe vick is just a test dummy for kelly. unfortunately, foles the same. they both have what kelly wants.. to run and throw. alone, neither can perform both. personally, i think they'd be set for years if they upgrade their receivers hardcore and stick with foles.