• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prediction: Game #9: TCU at WVU

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a fun game. Good luck.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Palm

TCU at West Virginia : Jeopardy! answer: Trevone Boykin and couches. Jeopardy! question: Name two things that may not last the night in Morgantown. You know how West Virginia tends to use the living room for kindling after big wins? What you don't know is that TCU's quarterback hasn't won a conference game on the road since 2012. Now, he was a receiver for most of last season but his production does go way down on the road (51.4 percent, averaging only 179 yards, nine touchdowns, eight interceptions.) Given the offensive-minded Big 12 and how West Virginia fits into it, this one seems destined for the Mountaineers. It is a matchup of the top two passers in the league. Either Clint Trickett or Boykin could be conference offensive player of the year. The West Virginia defense is completely revamped under coordinator Tony Gibson and linebackers coach Tom Bradley. In the end, this looks like another Baylor-like ambush for the Mountaineers. TCU, the Big 12's highest-ranked playoff possibility, takes a fall. Receiver Kevin White is coming off a 27-yard game against Oklahoma State. Boykin, TCU's quarterback, is getting some Heisman run. But he has never played in Morgantown, where ouch can be followed by (burning) couch.

Can Trevone Boykin lead the Horned Frogs to a win in Morgantown? (USATSI)

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except... Boykin has played in Morgantown. He was the winning QB in the 2012 OT game...

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU 33

TCU 31

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, I always liked the couch burning label, unique to WVU...

Did anyone notice that in San Francisco, after the World series win 40 people were arrested and 2 people were shot and I never heard the work RIOT.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes he can and will TCU 63 WVU 24

I do not see how this team will handle the firepower TCU brings....playmakers all over the field and a very goo defensive team up front...wont be able to run to daylight against these guys

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe WVU will be focused and amped for TCU. I think this game will send a message to the Big 12 and to the country.

:agree:

If, as a team, you can't get up for a game of this magnitude, with everything riding on it, as is the case this Saturday... then you need to find a new activity for your Saturday's. This is what these guys should be living for, hungry for...

I have seen it in their play, in their eyes, in the smiles on their faces - these guys are having fun out there. They believe they can beat anybody. I saw it against 'Bama before they even knew what they could do, they believed they could win. Even when they were behind and everything was not breaking their way - they still were jacked up on the side lines. They have got their swagger back. They beleive in themselves. Whatever Coach has done in the off-season has worked - it has changed the mentality of this entire team.

I agree that will be focused and amped - ready for whatever TCU has got in store for them.
:yahoo:

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he can and will TCU 63 WVU 24

I do not see how this team will handle the firepower TCU brings....playmakers all over the field and a very goo defensive team up front...wont be able to run to daylight against these guys

:wtf2:

Couldn't disgree more. Yeah, TCU has had Offensive firepower this year, but our D has shutdown some offensive firepower this season. And we can score a point or 2 our selves. The temperatures are not going to be favorable to TCU and if it rains during the game?? I think the advantage goes to WVU there. Plus at home. The key is can we hold up under all of the attention and pressure. I am betting so.

Given the change in rain forcast and temps a little higher than predicted earlier in the week, I am revising my prediction. I was saying WVU 21 TCU 16.

Now: WVU 44 TCU 39

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, I always liked the couch burning label, unique to WVU...

Did anyone notice that in San Francisco, after the World series win 40 people were arrested and 2 people were shot and I never heard the work RIOT.

It has become popular to pour piss on us for burning couches, but it is ok for anyone else to celebrate via destruction. Just like they point out our puck fitt shirts, yer the free shoes u fans with the fuck u shirts are ok...........

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you guys win, but I'm pretty worried about it.

I give you the edge for the way your defense handled Baylor. But I'm worried about a let down. It's extremely hard to keep a team hungry and I'm worried your coach doesn't have much experience dealing with the success etc.