• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict Nebraska's Remaining 2013 Record

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me wonder who really made the decision to go with Tito over Cody Green and Zach Lee to start the 2010 season; they were both tenured QBs (one a senior) and had to have known the playbook better - the media interviews suggest that he was just the best QB....

"The deciding factor, and what kind of tipped things Taylor’s way, was his consistency and his ability to deliver the big play because he did it on a consistent basis, not only a runner but as a passer," Watson said. Link here: Huskers' Martinez earned his starting spot - Big 12 Blog - ESPN

Now, unless Beck's the one making the call to keep with Martinez and Bo allows Beck's decision to be law, I just can't see how both Tommy and Ron are not outperforming Taylor. Unless they both came out in this last game and played at a much better level than they ever had in practice, I'm thinking that sticking with Taylor has nothing to do with performance and everything to do with blind loyalty. They've started a new guy over a senior before, they can do it again.

I would like to know Watts honest opinion about Tshart is now, that shit's all pre-canned coach talk. I remember facepalming last year thinking omg we've got this kid starting no matter what for 2 seasons yet

Cakes42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's no Teddy B!!...Im here all night...lol

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo's not gonna stir the pot.
Taylor's gotten him 9 and 10 wins for 3 years now. He's hoping for another (just like the others) so he won't take the risk on trying to improve on that.

Question is (and the subject of this thread) 'will it back-fire on him'. I believe NU's offense is extremely limited with Taylor as the trigger-man. Unless Bo can find some defensive answers to hold opponents into the mid 20's, it very well could back-fire.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think watts is a douche but there's sufficient ammo of how a TM can make everyone look real bad, including the players, Beck has got to be having nightmares

Cakes42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red u r right that is where we are...will T-Mart not get to 9 wins?? Schd says he will...I say Turf Toe has that iffy right now...Bo you will more than likely be let go if he doesn't get you there to 9 wins since 4 losses have become OK :L

Which game do we lose that makes T-Mart a liability to get to 9 is the MILLION $$$ ????

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Huskers only broke 32 pts twice last year in Big 10 play and that was 38 pts each time.

The rest were 30, 29, 23, 28, 32, 13.

Cakes42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what makes this season interesting now that we officially suck!! The def. is not going to hold to many teams under 30pts...Bo n Beck have hitched their wagon to T-Mart...he is hurt and not likely able to run...UM MSU NW should be able to hold us to 30pts likely losses unless def steps up. Can Penn St. Ill MN or Iowa do the same and get a win that we expected to be a loss??

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red u r right that is where we are...will T-Mart not get to 9 wins?? Schd says he will...I say Turf Toe has that iffy right now...Bo you will more than likely be let go if he doesn't get you there to 9 wins since 4 losses have become OK :L

Which game do we lose that makes T-Mart a liability to get to 9 is the MILLION $$$ ????

Well I've got the bowl game as one that Bo will need for his 9th win. I figure he misses.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no explanation for what Beck did in the 2nd half against UCLA....

He was not limited in any way to what he could do there. Bring in Imani and run it right at them. They were soft up front and we were running right through them. Imani would have softened them up even more and then we could just sit there and rotated through our stable of backs and controlled the clock.

Instead he aborted that completely and told Taylor to look for the homerun on every play he possibly could.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what makes this season interesting now that we officially suck!! The def. is not going to hold to many teams under 30pts...Bo n Beck have hitched their wagon to T-Mart...he is hurt and not likely able to run...UM MSU NW should be able to hold us to 30pts likely losses unless def steps up. Can Penn St. Ill MN or Iowa do the same and get a win that we expected to be a loss??

I see Penn St, Minny, and Iowa as being able to run downhill on the blackshirts. Close game coin flips with Minny the best chance for loss.

Not worried about Illinois. That's a Kool-Aid game imo.

Cakes42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red if we get only 8 and need a crappy bowl victory for 9...what crappy bowl would that even be?? If the fans don't show to bowl and we eat tickets that might be part of the factor also in Bo's dismissal.

Really depends on if Eichorst guy is available this year!! He has probably a couple in mind if things go south. Bo is not his guy thank God!!!!!!!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no explanation for what Beck did in the 2nd half against UCLA....

He was not limited in any way to what he could do there. Bring in Imani and run it right at them. They were soft up front and we were running right through them. Imani would have softened them up even more and then we could just sit there and rotated through our stable of backs and controlled the clock.

Instead he aborted that completely and told Taylor to look for the homerun on every play he possibly could.

Nebraska had 42 rushing attempts for 128 yds. That's only 3 YPC.

I don't get where everyone is saying the rushing game was working? Maybe it did early, but UCLA stacked the box and took away what very little Taylor does well passing.

Like I said, I don't want to be a Beck apologist, but I'm not ready to go there knowing Taylor's limitations.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red if we get only 8 and need a crappy bowl victory for 9...what crappy bowl would that even be?? If the fans don't show to bowl and we eat tickets that might be part of the factor also in Bo's dismissal.

Really depends on if Eichorst guy is available this year!! He has probably a couple in mind if things go south. Bo is not his guy thank God!!!!!!!!

The Gator took NU at 8-4 a few years ago.

Yeah. I'd think he's got a couple in mind, and there will be a couple more surface by then. I'm watching a couple guys in the non-AQ's to see how they do once their conf play gets going.

I think Bo is safe at a competitive 9 overall (possibly even 8). If there are more blowouts in there, probably not.

The best thing Bo can do for himself if shit gets real hot is throw Papuchis under the bus. :lol:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Cakes. You need to get to like 50 posts before all your shit starts working.

You can toss an avi up anytime tho.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bohl will definitely get a call

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin might be available

Cakes42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks Red was wondering wth was going on...haha

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bohl will definitely get a call

from what i heard we would have to offer him HUGE bucks to come here. granted i heard that from adrian fiala and i think he can be a dumbass at times. something about how things ended or some situation that "no one knows about".