• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict Nebraska's Remaining 2013 Record

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to predict wins for us :ipw:

Sadly there's nothing to be done about this situation we're in, and that's why the coaches are in the situation they're in right now

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I got bored and decided to have a lil' fun.

Attachments

• Bo pelini and John Papuchis.jpg
    Bo pelini and John Papuchis.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 50

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Purdue is bad.

The thing is though, our Offense is not difficult to figure out how to stop......

And our Defense is pretty easy to beat. I would assume on the road anywhere in the country our younger guys are going to perform even worse. And it's going to be a shitty opponent like Purdue where the young guys think they're the fucking shit and then go in there and get embarrassed.

SDSU in the first quarter was pretty indicative of where we're really at as a Football team. That was no fluke, and we didn't make any adjustments. We just started getting more fortunate as the game went on and our athletes started beating their athletes.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry guys.....I haven't lost my mind or anything. I watch more College Football than anybody I know. It's a weakness of mine. I'm up at 6am on Saturdays and go to sleep at 2am Sunday morning.

I don't claim to be any College Football genius or anything, but I am up-to-date on what is going on. I have a good feel for every single team out there that I could possibly watch on TV.

Nebraska is one of the only teams in the country who has me befuddled. I can't figure our team out.....3 years running now. We don't make any sense, and it all starts on the Offensive side of the ball.

As good as we can look at times......we just don't do it right. Beck just doesn't have a plan. He wings it....and you can tell because when we get down he starts going into Xbox 360 mode.

Cakes42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:Yes Beck and T-Mart does equate to winging it!!

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9/28/2013......Bye

10/5/2013..... Illinois - w
10/12/2013 @ Purdue - w

10/19/2013.... Bye

10/26/2013 @ Minnesota - w
11/2/2013......Northwestern - l
11/9/2013..@ Michigan - l
11/16/2013....Michigan St -w
11/23/2013 @ Penn St -l
11/29/2013....Iowa - w

CCG..............Yes/No - n
If Yes...........(Result)

Bowl.............(Result W/L) l buffalo wild wings bowl to WV

Overall Record (?) 8-5
Final Ranking...(?) around 35-40

Cakes42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will have a little better take once we play Illinois. The main reason is their QB is decent and our Def has two weeks to try and get their act together:L...T-Mart has 2 more weeks to heal and we will know if the shotput throwing style is back in his arsenal then he really isn't better.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry guys.....I haven't lost my mind or anything. I watch more College Football than anybody I know. It's a weakness of mine. I'm up at 6am on Saturdays and go to sleep at 2am Sunday morning.

I don't claim to be any College Football genius or anything, but I am up-to-date on what is going on. I have a good feel for every single team out there that I could possibly watch on TV.

Nebraska is one of the only teams in the country who has me befuddled. I can't figure our team out.....3 years running now. We don't make any sense, and it all starts on the Offensive side of the ball.

As good as we can look at times......we just don't do it right. Beck just doesn't have a plan. He wings it....and you can tell because when we get down he starts going into Xbox 360 mode.

I don't mean to be a Beck apologist, but I think his play calling is limited to Taylor's limitations.

If Taylor was a true running threat on every play and if Taylor could make all the throws you'd see different play calling in big games. Taylor doesn't have the aptitude to run timing plays like options or screens. He's got a dart for a 5-15 yd pass between the hash marks, but he doesn't have the touch for others.

Taylor's getting the nod the last couple years because NU whiffed on Bubba and Cody transferred. He knows the playbook sure, but can't completely execute it.

You know how Bo is with X's and O's. He's uncomfortable with anyone who doesn't know ALL the X's and O's, so a guy more talented than Taylor isn't gonna play.

I wish Bo would lie to us all and say Taylor's done for the year with turf-toe and run the simplified offense we saw the other day with Tommy.

Kellogg can make the throws, but he's not a runner any more than Taylor.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was irule who put up a stat sheet on Taylor being like 75% (or better) from 5-15 yds in 2012. He was actually leading the nation if I remember right.

Well good coaches know to take that away and he struggles. Now average coaches are watching film and catching on.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was me who put up the stat....

He was leading the nation from 1-10 yards.......it was like 85% accuracy.

10+ yards it was like 15% and he was in dead last.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which brings me back to my main point.

Why does Beck put Taylor in only passing situations once teams start scoring on us? Against UCLA, it was Tim Beck who dug the hole that buried our Offense in the 2nd half.

He did the same thing against Wisconsin a couple years ago when we went up there.

Cakes42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T-Mart is a 4 year starter with a lot of film on him. Good coaches like Mora will eat him alive when he cannot run at full speed! That is on the coaching staff for letting a player fail!! It really pisses me off that they do that to the kids on this team time and time again.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"dink and dunk".....

That's what UCLA said about our Offense

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was me who put up the stat....

He was leading the nation from 1-10 yards.......it was like 85% accuracy.

10+ yards it was like 15% and he was in dead last.

There ya go...

Stack the box and take away the 1-10 yds and this offense misfires because Beck has no alternative to call plays that Taylor can't execute.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There ya go...

Stack the box and take away the 1-10 yds and this offense misfires because Beck has no alternative to call plays that Taylor can't execute.

I tend to look at that differently.....

When I think about the passes beyond 10 yards that Taylor has thrown for the most part, they are lob passes down the sideline in desperate situations......as we saw about 10 times in the 2nd half against UCLA. We were already getting desperate when we were down 3 points in the 2nd half and essentially throwing up prayers to see if something happens.

The announcers called it "schoolyard ball." They were just as shocked as I was that we weren't running it down their throat with Imani Cross like we knew that we could and instead playing the game "500" on National TV.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me wonder who really made the decision to go with Tito over Cody Green and Zach Lee to start the 2010 season; they were both tenured QBs (one a senior) and had to have known the playbook better - the media interviews suggest that he was just the best QB....

"The deciding factor, and what kind of tipped things Taylor’s way, was his consistency and his ability to deliver the big play because he did it on a consistent basis, not only a runner but as a passer," Watson said. Link here: Huskers' Martinez earned his starting spot - Big 12 Blog - ESPN

Now, unless Beck's the one making the call to keep with Martinez and Bo allows Beck's decision to be law, I just can't see how both Tommy and Ron are not outperforming Taylor. Unless they both came out in this last game and played at a much better level than they ever had in practice, I'm thinking that sticking with Taylor has nothing to do with performance and everything to do with blind loyalty. They've started a new guy over a senior before, they can do it again.

Cakes42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My largest gripe with Beck is not using a FB and Cross to soften up the Def. Kyler Reed and Cotton had play action passes a lot more in previous years then we have tried this season. Carter is good get him the ball!!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to here Cakes