• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

pre TC and TC thread commies 1st

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense won't be the biggest issue this year!

I know that no one want to learn of this but the biggest issues this year are going to be on the offensive side of the ball. Sorry!
I agree completely.

The Carson Wentz as savior crowd will come to grips with this over the course of the year. The inadequate leadership, poor decision-making, and panic mode in the 4th quarter will manifest themselves sooner rather than later.

The OLine has taken a step back obviously. I think Dotson will help, but I have zero faith in Samuels. He simply cannot stay healthy. I like the Turner pick at TE a lot and we will have to see if the severe injuries slow L.Thomas. He is on the wrong side of 30, so that has to be considered.

Then you have to talk about Scott Turner. He literally has shown little to nothing in his first 2 years here. Can he improve...it is possible. What people don't understand is that he has little to no experience. He was an Offensive Analyst at Univ. of Michigan 2 years before taking this job. He really has no play-calling experience outside of being a HS OC in 2006, and for 4 games in Carolina in 2019. I was never on board with this hire.

The oddest thing is the fans/posters on the board who wake up and feel it's a great day to be a Commanders fan. We have literally (since the 1980's) not been in a worse off-the-field situation. Posters are brushing off:

*Our owner is now running away from a Congressional request to testify. He is making up laughable excuses and praying that Republicans take the House and squash the investigation.

*We have plans to literally build the smallest stadium in the NFL.

*Our owner is also under investigation for withholding funds from other owners

*The Baltimore Ravens are gaining more and more of a footprint in the DC area and poachig long time Skins fans.

*We are now down to Maryland and Delaware for building a stadium. At this time, DC and Virginia are no gos.

Looking at our front office (Rivera, Wright, and Mayhew...mostly Rivera)

*We can't even hold practices that are acceptable and in compliance with NFL standards. We were 1 of 3 who got fined.

*The new team name search was a disaster

*We have lied to players and agents this offseason and burned a bridge with another NFL team.

*We are struggling to lock up our best player.

*We made unnecessary cuts to save money, yet, have done nothing to bring in talent on the defensive side of the ball. Rivera promised an aggressive approach, but post June 1, we have literally done nothing.

*We have failed to sign Payne to a long-term deal.

*Our 2020 and 2021 first-round picks appear to be mistakes.

Any one here can add more to the story. However, posters on here only look at the Carson Wentz addition and a few more possible wins as turning the corner as a franchise. These fans are NOT looking at the full picture and they know it.

Wentz cannot get the organization back to respectability
Wentz cannot get Snyder removed as owner
Wentz cannot get the fans back

Anyone excited about the 2022 season is not grasping the full picture. I have asked this question and nobody has answered. Can you name one owner who is worse than Snyder in the NFL, NHL, MLB or NBA? Can you name one team in a worse situation on and off the field in the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is funny. Almost every offensive position has been upgraded talent wise.
Oh, if only we could have what's on paper, instead of reality.

Beyond that, every team in the league upgrades talent in spots where they are lacking. Have you ever considered the fact that any and all upgrades here could be offset by other franchises getting better? I have and I do this each and every time that I make predictions. I'm just about halfway through my 2022 prediction research and will post it soon.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem with this type of reasoning...

It doesn't take into account RRs ranting and raving about Carson Wince. HE publicly tried to sell this guy as the answer, HE attempted to sell us on the idea that putting Wince here would do something that he failed to do in two previous stops. It was RR's lack of confidence that had him saying one thing and not doing another contractually. NOT reworking the Wince contract has been the correct thing to do, opening his mouth about what it all meant for the team wasn't. I suspect that in general, the great majority of fans/followers/supporters are unlike the public RR, taking a wait-and-see stance on Carson.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree completely.

The Carson Wentz as savior crowd will come to grips with this over the course of the year. The inadequate leadership, poor decision-making, and panic mode in the 4th quarter will manifest themselves sooner rather than later.

The OLine has taken a step back obviously. I think Dotson will help, but I have zero faith in Samuels. He simply cannot stay healthy. I like the Turner pick at TE a lot and we will have to see if the severe injuries slow L.Thomas. He is on the wrong side of 30, so that has to be considered.

Then you have to talk about Scott Turner. He literally has shown little to nothing in his first 2 years here. Can he improve...it is possible. What people don't understand is that he has little to no experience. He was an Offensive Analyst at Univ. of Michigan 2 years before taking this job. He really has no play-calling experience outside of being a HS OC in 2006, and for 4 games in Carolina in 2019. I was never on board with this hire.

The oddest thing is the fans/posters on the board who wake up and feel it's a great day to be a Commanders fan. We have literally (since the 1980's) not been in a worse off-the-field situation. Posters are brushing off:

*Our owner is now running away from a Congressional request to testify. He is making up laughable excuses and praying that Republicans take the House and squash the investigation.

*We have plans to literally build the smallest stadium in the NFL.

*Our owner is also under investigation for withholding funds from other owners

*The Baltimore Ravens are gaining more and more of a footprint in the DC area and poachig long time Skins fans.

*We are now down to Maryland and Delaware for building a stadium. At this time, DC and Virginia are no gos.

*We can't even hold practices that are acceptable and in compliance with NFL standards. We were 1 of 3 who got fined.

*We have lied to players and agents this offseason and burned a bridge with another NFL team.

*We are struggling to lock up our best player.

*We made unnecessary cuts to save money, yet, have done nothing to bring in talent on the defensive side of the ball. Rivera promised an aggressive approach, but post June 1, we have literally done nothing.

*We have failed to sign Payne to a long-term deal.

*Our 2020 and 2021 first-round picks appear to be mistakes.

Any one here can add more to the story. However, posters on here only look at the Carson Wentz addition and a few more possible wins as turning the corner as a franchise. These fans are NOT looking at the full picture and they know it.

Wentz cannot get the organization back to respectability
Wentz cannot get Snyder removed as owner
Wentz cannot get the fans back

Anyone excited about the 2022 season is not grasping the full picture. I have asked this question and nobody has answered. Can you name one owner who is worse than Snyder in the NFL, NHL, MLB or NBA? Can you name one team in a worse situation on and off the field in the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB?
I cannot disagree with anything that you've posted.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Carson Wentz as savior crowd will come to grips with this over the course of the year. The inadequate leadership, poor decision-making, and panic mode in the 4th quarter will manifest themselves sooner rather than later. Who is the Went savior crowed.... two people?

The OLine has taken a step back obviously. I think Dotson will help, but I have zero faith in Samuels. He simply cannot stay healthy. I like the Turner pick at TE a lot and we will have to see if the severe injuries slow L.Thomas. He is on the wrong side of 30, so that has to be ... true but is it possible they replaced two considered for two $25 million guards. considered.

The oddest thing is the fans/posters on the board who wake up and feel it's a great day to be a Commanders fan. We have literally (since the 1980's) not been in a worse off-the-field situation. Posters are brushing off: Who are these fans that have thought it was a great day to be a Washington fan?

*Our owner is now running away from a Congressional request to testy. He is making up laughable excuses and praying that Republicans take the House and squash the investigation. Correct, he is trying to stretch this out until November and will probably win that bet

*We have plans to literally build the smallest stadium in the NFL. RFK held 55,000, why is a smaller stadium a problem?

*Our owner is also under investigation for withholding funds from other owners Agreed

*The Baltimore Ravens are gaining more and more of a footprint in the DC area and poachig long time Skins fans. True

*We are now down to Maryland and Delaware for building a stadium. At this time, DC and Virginia are no gos. Nothing is off the table, Dan and Bruce before him have no clue.

*We can't even hold practices that are acceptable and in compliance with NFL standards. We were 1 of 3 who got fined. That was on two players. RR had a fit over that.

Agreed

*We have lied to players and agents this offseason and burned a bridge with another NFL team. Welcome to the NFl ... for that matter NCAA too.

*We are struggling to lock up our best player. It is questionable if McLaurin is a $23 million dollar player

*We made unnecessary cuts to save money, yet, have done nothing to bring in talent on the defensive side of the ball. Rivera promised an aggressive approach, but post June 1, we have literally done nothing. Hated to see Ironman go, like Settle but he was barley playing.

*We have failed to sign Payne to a long-term deal. I hope they sign him but you can only pay so many players.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, if only we could have what's on paper, instead of reality.

Beyond that, every team in the league upgrades talent in spots where they are lacking. Have you ever considered the fact that any and all upgrades here could be offset by other franchises getting better? I have and I do this each and every time that I make predictions. I'm just about halfway through my 2022 prediction research and will post it soon.

You still think TH is a better QB then Wentz, so I cant really reason with you. All spots on the offensive have been upgraded except for BS.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still think TH is a better QB then Wentz, so I cant really reason with you. All spots on the offensive have been upgraded except for BS.
I think we upgraded from substandard to mid level .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man, you go from one extreme to another with zero stops in-between. You can't reason with me because you have no appreciation for nuance, can't understand that there are reasonable points of view between all-in on one side and all-in on the other, and to be fair to you, no tolerance for those who aren't equally blinded by unrequited homerism. No one said that TH is better than Wince, but he does have intangibles that matter which Wince doesn't have. Physically Wince is the better QB, but TH is the better warrior because of his heart, gamesmanship, and what appears to be a lot less brain fog in crucial moments during games. I hope that this clears things up for you!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man, you go from one extreme to another with zero stops in-between. You can't reason with me because you have no appreciation for nuance, can't understand that there are reasonable points of view between all-in on one side and all-in on the other, and to be fair to you, no tolerance for those who aren't equally blinded by unrequited homerism. No one said that TH is better than Wince, but he does have intangibles that matter which Wince doesn't have. Physically Wince is the better QB, but TH is the better warrior because of his heart, gamesmanship, and what appears to be a lot less brain fog in crucial moments during games. I hope that this clears things up for you!!

You said basically anybody was better than Wentz. I think you said Howell was better than Wentz and he is a rookie. You can have you opinion, but to claim TH is in the same category as Wentz is just crazy IMO. The drafting of Howell was to show TH the door next year. The only way TH sticks with this team is if Wentz gets hurt for the year and TH comes in and dominates.

Its not homerism to believe that we upgraded tremendously at QB

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean is so funny sometimes making leaps . thinking wince isnt the answer is not the same as saying falco is better

it would never occur to him that instead of giving up resources to bring in wince you could have drafted more talent and brought in more FA's and say falco was a 7 win guy with the toughest schedule in the NFL , that he might win a couple of more games with a weaker schedule

has nothing to do with who is better but i would like my chances of drafting a qb next year

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said basically anybody was better than Wentz. I think you said Howell was better than Wentz and he is a rookie. You can have you opinion, but to claim TH is in the same category as Wentz is just crazy IMO. The drafting of Howell was to show TH the door next year. The only way TH sticks with this team is if Wentz gets hurt for the year and TH comes in and dominates.

wince at mid level is certainly better then a guy in the lowers 20;searly 30's . hell you could call that a "tremendous " upgrade , but we had mid level before and that wasnt good enough for the fan base

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, I did... the qualifier was that it was said before trading for him or at the latest around the time that the trade was made. The trade for Wince is a bad move for this organization, even if he is a slight upgrade over TH. To be clear, TH was a garbage move, as was the signing of Fitzpatrick and so is this move for Wince. What they've done is essentially reaching down into the bottom of the QB barrel, picked up a guy, then as his limitations are realized, something everyone else already knew, they signed what appears to be upgrades. Once again, nobody said that TH was in the same category as Wince, just that he was better at some things, just as physically Wince is better than him. Do you honestly, believe that if/when Wince shows his true self, the door to start won't open for Howell? WOW!! you're insane!

No other team in the league is taking this approach, they are, choosing instead to get a young, newly minted college star to build upon, or continue to try drafting one until they get it right. Signing/acquiring TH, Fitzpatrick, and now Wince is a sign of madness with very little upside in terms of getting to and/or winning the SB.

Let's agree on this... as a physically gifted athlete, Wince is an upgrade over Heinicke. In terms of moxie, gamesmanship, and mental (football) acuity Taylor Heinicke tops Wince hands down.

To take the position that Wince is a tremendous upgrade at QB is by definition homerism. There simply isn't any other way to describe it! Sorry man, you have the fever and it's consuming you!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I did... the qualifier was that it was said before trading for him or at the latest around the time that the trade was made. The trade for Wince is a bad move for this organization, even if he is a slight upgrade over TH. To be clear, TH was a garbage move, as was the signing of Fitzpatrick and so is this move for Wince. What they've done is essentially reaching down into the bottom of the QB barrel, picked up a guy, then as his limitations are realized, something everyone else already knew, they signed what appears to be upgrades. Once again, nobody said that TH was in the same category as Wince, just that he was better at some things, just as physically Wince is better than him. Do you honestly, believe that if/when Wince shows his true self, the door to start won't open for Howell? WOW!! you're insane!

No other team in the league is taking this approach, they are, choosing instead to get a young, newly minted college star to build upon, or continue to try drafting one until they get it right. Signing/acquiring TH, Fitzpatrick, and now Wince is a sign of madness with very little upside in terms of getting to and/or winning the SB.

Let's agree on this... as a physically gifted athlete, Wince is an upgrade over Heinicke. In terms of moxie, gamesmanship, and mental (football) acuity Taylor Heinicke tops Wince hands down.

To take the position that Wince is a tremendous upgrade at QB is by definition homerism. There simply isn't any other way to describe it! Sorry man, you have the fever and it's consuming you!
You didnt even know that Wentz was on a great contract in the next two years if he remains the starter and does well this year. We took a risk to acquire a vet QB who has upside. IF Wentz does fail this year, it would probably be TH to play then Howell. Heck I would play Howell but he is not the best QB right now on the team like you said.

Not homerism at all. I understand why they made the trade. If this works it will be one of the greatest trades that this team has ever made.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean is so funny sometimes making leaps . thinking wince isnt the answer is not the same as saying falco is better

it would never occur to him that instead of giving up resources to bring in wince you could have drafted more talent and brought in more FA's and say falco was a 7 win guy with the toughest schedule in the NFL , that he might win a couple of more games with a weaker schedule

has nothing to do with who is better but i would like my chances of drafting a qb next year
Exactly, @Dean wants to infer that there's nothing about Heinicke that is better than Wince and physically he's correct. However, Taylor has that something, call it moxie, call it gamesmanship, or whatever people wish, he has it in spades over Wince. Truth is, if Heinicke had Wince's physical gifts, Wince wouldn't be here.

For the record, I have them drafting somewhere between 8th and 10th next year. I haven't yet finished my prediction for this year, but I'm close enough to make this statement. Posting it soon!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The team didn't think much of TH to make the trade

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, @Dean wants to infer that there's nothing about Heinicke that is better than Wince and physically he's correct. However, Taylor has that something, call it moxie, call it gamesmanship, or whatever people wish, he has it in spades over Wince. Truth is, if Heinicke had Wince's physical gifts, Wince wouldn't be here.

For the record, I have them drafting somewhere between 8th and 10th next year. I haven't yet finished my prediction for this year, but I'm close enough to make this statement. Posting it soon!!

The team doesn't feel that way that is why they made the trade. If TH had this moxsie you are talking about, why werent teams call us to trade for him after we acquired wentz? Of course you have us failing miserably this year. Not surprised.